Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked!

coerdelion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myth.3, shere of social media,

then why fiverr suggest for shere on social media?

Fiverr encourages sellers to share their gigs to social media in order to increase word of mouth as part of their own marketing strategy. That said, being a freelancer is also a career, and in the digital age, marketing and engaging with customers and other professionals through technology is a part of doing business.

The reason myth 3 exists is because there are people who don’t understand social media marketing as a business tool for establishing their brand.

They mistakenly believe that the fast track method to getting tons of sales is to continuously share links to their Fiverr gigs over and over again in posts that have little to no substance and without considering if it’s valuable to their audience.

There are people who spam their gigs through posts on personal social media accounts, where the majority of their followers are family members and personal friends, who follow them for memes, posts about the funny things their children do or updates on their kitchen remodel, not to see 5-10 posts, 20 times a day asking for someone to buy their gigs.

And yet, people still do it, and it gets them nowhere, except to annoy people and make that seller out as a spammer. That’s what the OP’s video is trying to get across.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, maegan_bertrand said:

And yet, people still do it, and it gets them nowhere, except to annoy people and make that seller out as a spammer. That’s what the OP’s video is trying to get across.

I agree, but there are categories where followers want to be updated about your career. I’m a music artist, I’ve got about 15k followers on Facebook. Don’t you think they would be happy to know about a new song I’m releasing or a new demo? 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, manuelmarino said:

I agree, but there are categories where followers want to be updated about your career. I’m a music artist, I’ve got about 15k followers on Facebook. Don’t you think they would be happy to know about a new song I’m releasing or a new demo?

And that’s exactly what I was pointing out: you have built and cultivated a social media presence with dedicated channel(s) for showcasing your products and services as well as updates about your professional life. (15k, that’s bloody fantastic btw!!) It takes time and work to get and keep a follower base as a business or professional, and you can’t do that unless you attempt to understand the marketing aspect of what you do.

But there’s a huge difference between someone using social media as an effective tool, where your followers, who have an interest in you and what you do, can connect and engage with you as a brand, compared to someone who relies on one social media where all they do is repeatedly ask for people to buy something, without offering any kind of value or context.

And there a lot of newbies who do just that, thinking it’s easy to just throw a meaningless gig link out there and believe it will generate hundreds or thousands of sales like magic, because that’s what the YouTube guru told them would happen. 

Thank you for clearing all the Major myths. I am 100% agree with you that If someone has no skill, he can not earn a penny on Fiverr.

Also I agree with you that it’s very very hard to get orders in High Competitive Niches like Logo design. But good news is there is still scope in Technical Niches like programming.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, maegan_bertrand said:

And there a lot of newbies who do just that, thinking it’s easy to just throw a meaningless gig link out there and believe it will generate hundreds or thousands of sales like magic, 

I agree, this is scaring. Also because this obscures correct behaviours like mine or other. If there will be no more a clear division between correct networking and wrong networking, we are in trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s really true.
I think not only on Fiverr but also on other freelancing sites there’s the same situation.
And I have seen multiple YouTubers saying you don’t need to have any skills to work on Freelancing.
And its strange to staying online 24/7 and getting orders.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, alamin561 said:

And I have seen multiple YouTubers saying you don’t need to have any skills to work on Freelancing.

horrible advice. Freelancers are Professionals. The fact that you are not a worker doesn’t mean you are not qualified or you don’t have skills. To be successful you must be one of the best, means competition and also studying every single day. The more you study and learn, the more you become successful because customers understand you are skilled or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for making this video. It’s so true

Especially about point 2. I am sick of those youtube gurus who make these silly videos only for views and newbies come to this platforms without any skills and cry about not getting orders. You said right background removal is the most saturated makret and more and more sellers are coming in this without any skills.

Yeah I’m seriously sick of those background removal gigs. I’ve seen some that charge $50 per image, while you can literally just use some free photo editing software and do it for free.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, imagination7413 said:

Myth 11: Posting in the forums is being active on Fiverr.

Myth 12: Posting in the forums will get you orders.

Myth 13 (minor): Skill tests get you orders.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, imagination7413 said:

Myth 16: Taking Fiverr Learn courses will get you orders.

Myth 17: ‘Senior’ seller will help you get orders if you ask.

I am confused about your massage. Do you disagree or agree on this? Pls clesrify…

On 4/26/2021 at 11:49 PM, uk1000 said:

Though for some subcategories (some writing ones?) a passed skill test is required before you can post a gig there. So for those subcategories you wouldn’t be able to get any orders without passing the skill test since you wouldn’t be able to publish your gig there if you hadn’t passed.

Also we don’t have the data to be able to say whether or not it helps. I think Fiverr might have originally said something like it could increase your rank in their blog (which may not actually be the case). Though maybe that’s been removed/edited now.

Right your are…😍 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, wp_esporso said:

I am confused about your massage. Do you disagree or agree on this? Pls clesrify…

Hope this will help:

myth /miTH/ noun

1. a widely held but false belief or idea.

“he wants to dispel the myth that sea kayaking is too risky or too strenuous”

Put simply: I am merely listing lies. 

Myth: 5, Its not true. As per Fiverr, policy if my gig is ranked then I will get more order & my gig will appear in top of search result. When I getting continues order, may I have not enough time to check the buyer request & apply on it.

But for new seller, when they create their gig its not rank in a over night. So, they have a 2nd option to get order from buyer request. Where fiverr give us10 request, So, why new seller will lose their opportunity to get order by applying 10 buyer request daily?

If new seller can apply the job with Proper manor, he have possibility to get order. When, seller get the order from buyer request, this also help them to rank his gig.

So, I am totally disagree on Myth: 5

Unfortunately we are still missing the mark about Buyers Requests. Having 10 possible offers you can send per day doesn’t mean you have to send all of them. It’s obvious, no, better, it’s reasonable, that you must send an offer only if you are skilled in that specific topic and you can do the job in an excellent way.

Thanks for sharing.
Sadly but true, lots of it institute hunting students for money and telling them you don’t have to be skilled to earn in Fiverr. Those institutes offer 3 months courses and 2/3 days classes in a week. How can someone be skilled in this short time? As a result, every day hundreds of new freelancers joining in Fiverr without skilled or less skilled. Basically, they become hungry for money that’s what they actually learned in the past 3 months. After joining Fiverr they became frustrated. Sending 10 buyer requests a day without knowing what buyer wants. This is actually what I saw in the past few months. I think I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. That’s all I can say, please don’t damage this marketplace. 🙂
Thank you.

Archived