Launching Promoted Gigs

mjensen415

Nowhere did I state what the cost would be for $5 gigs. Nor did I suggest that one click equals one sale.

Anecdotally we have seen others suggest that they have received gig sales for pennies, but i make no claim other than, if advertisers don’t see value in an ad, they don’t buy it.

Just as I wouldn’t buy a steak if it was 90$ and my salary hadn’t changed.

I’m explaining how pricing dynamics work in general as an economic theory. Elasticity of demand etc.

Please don’t add false context.

But we get it - if your being asked to pay $1 to advertise your $5 gig, you wouldn’t be happy.

Shame your writing is better than your reading, then you would stop pretending I’m saying something else, so you can make your point seem relevant.

Don’t add false context. Don’t be disingenuous as to what you’re replying to.

It’s somewhat contemptuous.

You replied to my own reply from months ago and started making assumptions. You’re explaining pricing dynamics, I just focused on my own price points and ideas. I suggest you respect my opinion, respect mine and move on. Clearly you have your own approach towards this 🙂 I was just saying that for $5 gigs, this feature isn’t really worth it. And it’s not, especially if your competitors click on your gig when it’s promoted, you just pay for their clicks and receive no sales. So you’re burning money. I assume you didn’t understand the context and that’s fine.

Clearly you don’t have the same price point I do, so it doesn’t make sense to argue whether my statement is wrong or not. It’s an opinion, which I believe is allowed on the forum.

Good luck, obviously I won’t continue to reply to this argument, as it doesn’t make sense 🙂 You replied to a post about the high costs for a $5 gig, even if you don’t have one. I respect it’s an opinion just like mine, but I don’t have to agree to it, do I? Let’s just end it. Feel free to use this feature, in my case it doesn’t make sense, which is what I said months ago.

• Like 63

I’m a TRS and i don’t have this feature enabled yet. Anyone with the same situation?

I’m a TRS and i don’t have this feature enabled yet. Anyone with the same situation

I think it’s just a matter of time. It took about a month for them to get around to me for promoted gigs. I am now promoting 2 gigs.

My gigs are a bit more pricey so my clicks are ok but I feel buyers who order from a promoted gig order from convenience and price. I have noticed the orders are smaller. That’s probably just a coincidence but it’s a trend I see. Buyers with higher budgets take their time and research the best sellers and then place orders.

• Like 61

I’m a TRS and i don’t have this feature enabled yet. Anyone with the same situation

I think it’s just a matter of time. It took about a month for them to get around to me for promoted gigs. I am now promoting 2 gigs.

My gigs are a bit more pricey so my clicks are ok but I feel buyers who order from a promoted gig order from convenience and price. I have noticed the orders are smaller. That’s probably just a coincidence but it’s a trend I see. Buyers with higher budgets take their time and research the best sellers and then place orders.

Will see. Hope to get the feature soon. Thanks for the reply

• Like 60

I need help. Actually, I’m promoting my one gig last 1 month, and this was very helpful for me, but from yesterday my promotion option pending. I don’t understand happened.Any one please help me how to pending to promoted.1

it will promote today or tomorrow … you would wait…

• Like 58

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the invite today, i have 6 of my gigs eligible for the ads.
Just wondering if anyone is seeing a bump in sales, i use amazon ads for something else and it’s worth it, but it generates over 100 orders a month so my CPC is about 7-10%
Anyone have any stats from their personal experience here, see a bump or is it worth it in your mind.
I do realize the product and niche you are promoting will make a difference, I am currently getting about 13k impressions a month for the gig i am test promoting and about 250 clicks.
I will report back if anyone cares, but share people so we can all learn together.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, melissaharlowvo said:

I agree, decent or serious buyers ( ones you want long term) do thier homework.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, donnovan86 said:

You replied to my own reply from months ago and started making assumptions. You’re explaining pricing dynamics, I just focused on my own price points and ideas. I suggest you respect my opinion, respect mine and move on. Clearly you have your own approach towards this 🙂 I was just saying that for $5 gigs, this feature isn’t really worth it. And it’s not, especially if your competitors click on your gig when it’s promoted, you just pay for their clicks and receive no sales. So you’re burning money. I assume you didn’t understand the context and that’s fine.

Clearly you don’t have the same price point I do, so it doesn’t make sense to argue whether my statement is wrong or not. It’s an opinion, which I believe is allowed on the forum.

Good luck, obviously I won’t continue to reply to this argument, as it doesn’t make sense 🙂 You replied to a post about the high costs for a $5 gig, even if you don’t have one. I respect it’s an opinion just like mine, but I don’t have to agree to it, do I? Let’s just end it. Feel free to use this feature, in my case it doesn’t make sense, which is what I said months ago.

Hey thanx for the heads up, didnt think about competitors with no morals or anything else to do would click on your add to drive your costs up.

Look people in today’s environment we should help each other, not be worse, jeez, don’t we all have enough shit to deal with.

Just play fair.

• Like 64

So it does bring in some sales, which is good.

So it does bring in some sales, which is good.

Yes and I also think unless your organic impressions are good and your gigs are top notch, it won’t matter. It’s not a magic wand to give you orders.

It’s like Fiverr’s Choice… you better be ready to fulfill the orders!

• Like 62

I have been using this feature but so far from 7 orders, I have spent $20 and out of these 7 two large orders are cancelled by the buyers within an hour of the order placement. Not sure, if they were real buyers or something is being done by the team to show orders. Moreover, since this feature has been started the flow of normal orders have reduced a lot

• Like 61

About two months ago I got “fiverr promoted gig” feature but till now I didn’t get a single click through fiverr promoted gig I updated my tags, description and images but didn’t see any improvement in my promoted gig my bid amount is $1.
Any one here who can help would be appreciated.
Thanks you…

• Like 60

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, exlofit_it said:

i need this how can i get this?

This is a feature that’s available to a select number of sellers.

You also have to meet the following criteria:

*Be a Level 2 or TRS Seller
*Have a gig in an eligible category
*Have at least 30 reviews on your gig
*The gig must have a rating of at least 4.7 stars
*Meet certain quality metrics

• Like 61

why i cant see the “Promotion” tab on my dashboard? I fulfill all the requirement.

It might be the categories you have those gigs in (maybe they don’t allow promotion of those categories yet) or the additional unspecified quality metrics aren’t being met (eg. “meet certain quality metrics” - which doesn’t say what those are).

• Like 59

• 2 weeks later...

I actually did meet up with all requirements but I still don’t have that option

It could be that the Promoted Gigs feature doesn’t yet allow the categories that your gigs are in, or you haven’t met the additional unstated quality metrics.

• Like 61