Launching Promoted Gigs

mjensen415

It took me a long time to understand that. I had to give up my churn and burn philosophy. Had to start working harder on each order, taking my time, rejecting potential clients, never clicking “deliver now” until the client has seen the work and is satisfied, telling people to message me before ordering, etc.

You said it perfectly! My order requirements are a bit more strong because it forces buyers to think about what they are giving me. It’s a total team effort and buyers have to take some responsibility for the outcome of the project too. I would rather have fewer buyers who I can really pay attention too, than 20 orders in my queue. The quality of your work and your buyers who love your work, will in time, be a repeat-business machine! That is what all business owners want… 80% of your sales come from 20% of your buyers.

Ads will only get you poised in the right spot but you better be ready to serve as a professional.

I have changed my mind on the ads. At first it seemed like things were changing on the first two pages. But like always, I was just patient and used my down time to improve my portfolio, gigs and demo. I am actually grateful for those few weeks. I see an increase in new and great buyers. So somehow they are still finding me.

I already know sellers who are opting out of the Ad program after paying for ads because the results are not as organic. I am sure it’s paying off for others. I am just going to stay positive and hope the ads are successful.

My TRS is golden and I appreciate Fiverr in so many ways. I was the type of child who actually had to do chores to get allowance money. Nothing is given to you on Fiverr, you have to earn it… not just by numbers and stats but there is a magical mix of buyer love and appreciation, respect for the customer service team, an inward look at yourself and answering your inquiries in the middle of the night. You build it and they will find you.

I would rather have fewer buyers who I can really pay attention too, than 20 orders in my queue.

I used to have 5 to 15 in my queue and always rushing since I had to deliver in 3 days or less. Then 4 or 5 days later, I would get revision requests. Sometimes I was so impatient I would simply refund an order, or refuse to revise, get a bad review, then write an insulting response. It was a different Fiverr, the Wild West era.

80% of your sales come from 20% of your buyers.

Now when you create brand names, unless you get those buyers to order your other gigs.

I am sure it’s paying off for others. I am just going to stay positive and hope the ads are successful.

You should feel lucky at having the opportunity to participate in this program, it’s not available to me.

Nothing is given to you on Fiverr, you have to earn it

True, it’s the ultimate meritocracy, and it’s so easy to work here. Companies like Walmart demand we pass an employer assessment tests, and those aren’t always easy to pass, at least not for me.

• Like 76
  • Up 3

My TRS is golden and I appreciate Fiverr in so many ways. I was the type of child who actually had to do chores to get allowance money. Nothing is given to you on Fiverr, you have to earn it… not just by numbers and stats but there is a magical mix of buyer love and appreciation, respect for the customer service team, an inward look at yourself and answering your inquiries in the middle of the night. You build it and they will find you.

LOVE this! Brilliant quote, and a great way of summarising success here. 🙂

It’s a very nice attitude that we should do.

Thanks for sharing this great tips 🙏

• Like 75
  • Up 4

I used the ADS and i noticed that the main point is the BID (The amount you wanna pay per click)… i inserted a value and i watched the results for a few days.

I noticed that my promotion stop to receive clicks, the reason is the value of the BID… if you realize that you are not receiving more clicks, you need incrise the value.

So to get results with the ADS you need follow your statics, the ADS don’t will help you if you don’t see this statics to keep improving it. I geted a good order with the Ads and spended just $3.39 of the $10 gift from Fiverr.

The ADS will work as a auction, who are dispost to pay more per click will win the auction, but is not a guarantee of receive an order. This is why you will need improve your gigs to conquest new customers.

• Like 76
  • Up 2

I used the ADS and i noticed that the main point is the BID (The amount you wanna pay per click)… i inserted a value and i watched the results for a few days.

I noticed that my promotion stop to receive clicks, the reason is the value of the BID… if you realize that you are not receiving more clicks, you need incrise the value.

So to get results with the ADS you need follow your statics, the ADS don’t will help you if you don’t see this statics to keep improving it. I geted a good order with the Ads and spended just $3.39 of the $10 gift from Fiverr.

The ADS will work as a auction, who are dispost to pay more per click will win the auction, but is not a guarantee of receive an order. This is why you will need improve your gigs to conquest new customers.

The funny thing is that some people like me with thousands of reviews on the platform still don’t have the option to use ads, but they were fully removed from search and pushed in the back…

• Like 81

On 8/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, fastcopywriter said:

I would rather have fewer buyers who I can really pay attention too, than 20 orders in my queue.

I used to have 5 to 15 in my queue and always rushing since I had to deliver in 3 days or less. Then 4 or 5 days later, I would get revision requests. Sometimes I was so impatient I would simply refund an order, or refuse to revise, get a bad review, then write an insulting response. It was a different Fiverr, the Wild West era.

80% of your sales come from 20% of your buyers.

Now when you create brand names, unless you get those buyers to order your other gigs.

I am sure it’s paying off for others. I am just going to stay positive and hope the ads are successful.

You should feel lucky at having the opportunity to participate in this program, it’s not available to me.

Nothing is given to you on Fiverr, you have to earn it

True, it’s the ultimate meritocracy, and it’s so easy to work here. Companies like Walmart demand we pass an employer assessment tests, and those aren’t always easy to pass, at least not for me.

It was a different Fiverr, the Wild West era.

That’s pretty funny. You learn quickly that honey attracts better than bitters.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, mateusbl said:

@mateusbl thank you for sharing your experience. It helps others!

On 8/8/2020 at 2:06 AM, gunawanguan said:

And if I’m not mistaken,

Isn’t Fiverr had this feature couple years ago.

Maybe in around 2016-2017 or something around that year.

I used to get an invitation where I could pay a little amount of $ to get my gig promoted.

Maybe a seller with 4 years above experience of joining Fiverr had the same experience?

Is this the same like that time?

I actually got an invitation for the ads but at the time I scoffed at it because I am so cheap and never have paid for an ad anywhere! I didn’t realize at the time that it would be such a hot forum topic lol!

• Like 80

Thanks for sharing! I don’t have the option, so such experience posts are really interesting. Did you or do you think you got orders out of it?

What I’m wondering is, if, as I’ve read, you can only use ads with already popular gigs, wouldn’t actually interested buyers keep clicking your gig anyway, promoted or not, and would you perhaps rather pay for curious or malicious sellers clicking them?

If someone could clearly say they got orders from advertising, that would be good to know.

I’m assuming you might be able to see it, like you can also see when you got an order from a gig while it was ‘Fiverr’s Choice’.

And do you get a bill from Fiverr for the ads, so that you would be able to file the cost as expenses for income tax?

• Like 77
  • Up 2

Thanks for sharing! I don’t have the option, so such experience posts are really interesting. Did you or do you think you got orders out of it?

What I’m wondering is, if, as I’ve read, you can only use ads with already popular gigs, wouldn’t actually interested buyers keep clicking your gig anyway, promoted or not, and would you perhaps rather pay for curious or malicious sellers clicking them?

If someone could clearly say they got orders from advertising, that would be good to know.

I’m assuming you might be able to see it, like you can also see when you got an order from a gig while it was ‘Fiverr’s Choice’.

And do you get a bill from Fiverr for the ads, so that you would be able to file the cost as expenses for income tax?

Hi Miila, thanks.

Yes i received one order, you can track the order that came from ads. The Promotion Ads still in beta, so certainly they will fix eventualy problems… i’m using the Gift from Fiverr to test Ads. I recommend read all this topic: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

I don’t know how will work for “Fiverr’s Choice”, but i think that the better way is be able to track where the order came from… like the ads you can see what order came from ads.

Everything is about test, i think that ADS is more one option to get orders, i believe too that how much early you start to use it better will be for you or maybe this feature can become more difficulty to use in future because the number of the users that will be using it (i don’t know)… but i hope be able to promote my others GIG too, i don’t wanna promote my best seller gig.

• Like 80

Hope they soon launches it for new sellers too.

I am ready to invest for promotions.

It doesn’t look this this will be available for new sellers. You need to earn the right to be considered for the program, and you do this by being promoted to a Level 2 or TRS seller.

• Like 76

It doesn’t look this this will be available for new sellers. You need to earn the right to be considered for the program, and you do this by being promoted to a Level 2 or TRS seller.

Well, that will suppress the exposure to new sellers… Already we r not getting enough.

• Like 74

Well, that will suppress the exposure to new sellers… Already we r not getting enough.

that will suppress the exposure to new sellers

New sellers need to learn how to build their own exposure, instead of expecting Fiverr to do it for them. If new sellers were allowed to participate in the ads program, they would quickly swamp the system, and make it useless for it’s intended purpose. Fiverr clearly wants successful, experienced sellers to be the only sellers who are allowed to purchase promotion within their categories.

It’s also worth noting that new sellers don’t have the funds in their Fiverr accounts to purchase promotion. Level 2 and TRS sellers already have earned funds within their accounts to purchase the optional promoted visibility.

Already we r not getting enough.

New sellers already have a short-term bump in the search algorithm. It is their responsibility to build upon that, and keep the momentum going. There is no such thing as new sellers, “not getting enough”. New sellers do not deserve everything that they want, just because they want it. New sellers need to earn their success, just like the veteran sellers have done.

• Like 81

that will suppress the exposure to new sellers

New sellers need to learn how to build their own exposure, instead of expecting Fiverr to do it for them. If new sellers were allowed to participate in the ads program, they would quickly swamp the system, and make it useless for it’s intended purpose. Fiverr clearly wants successful, experienced sellers to be the only sellers who are allowed to purchase promotion within their categories.

It’s also worth noting that new sellers don’t have the funds in their Fiverr accounts to purchase promotion. Level 2 and TRS sellers already have earned funds within their accounts to purchase the optional promoted visibility.

Already we r not getting enough.

New sellers already have a short-term bump in the search algorithm. It is their responsibility to build upon that, and keep the momentum going. There is no such thing as new sellers, “not getting enough”. New sellers do not deserve everything that they want, just because they want it. New sellers need to earn their success, just like the veteran sellers have done.

I know, but new seller doesn’t mean that they are new Freelancers. I myself am a freelancer from last 2 years (Not on fiverr). I know the process, rules, client handling etc. Still no improvements. I am selling my $100 services for about $20 on fiverr.

• Like 73

I know, but new seller doesn’t mean that they are new Freelancers. I myself am a freelancer from last 2 years (Not on fiverr). I know the process, rules, client handling etc. Still no improvements. I am selling my $100 services for about $20 on fiverr.

New sellers on Fiverr are new sellers on Fiverr. They are new, as far as this site is concerned, and they need to prove their worth, prove their skills, and build a seller reputation. It doesn’t matter how long you have been doing something before Fiverr, if you can’t prove it here on Fiverr, you’re not going to get hired. It is up to YOU to prove your worth, and convince people to hire you. Just because you are a new seller, does not mean you get freebies. Long-time sellers were once new sellers as well, but we worked hard to build our own success. You will have to do the same. No freebies. Hard work required.

I am selling my $100 services for about $20 on fiverr.

It doesn’t sound like you value your skills. Figure out who your target customers are, and set your prices to match your worth. This is Business 101.

• Like 77

New sellers on Fiverr are new sellers on Fiverr. They are new, as far as this site is concerned, and they need to prove their worth, prove their skills, and build a seller reputation. It doesn’t matter how long you have been doing something before Fiverr, if you can’t prove it here on Fiverr, you’re not going to get hired. It is up to YOU to prove your worth, and convince people to hire you. Just because you are a new seller, does not mean you get freebies. Long-time sellers were once new sellers as well, but we worked hard to build our own success. You will have to do the same. No freebies. Hard work required.

I am selling my $100 services for about $20 on fiverr.

It doesn’t sound like you value your skills. Figure out who your target customers are, and set your prices to match your worth. This is Business 101.

How can I prove myself when no one is getting my gigs in their search?

And it’s not like I don’t value my skills, i just need to make aggressive pricing here where many sellers sale the same service. And to prove my quality of service, fiverr fails to even give me a chance. I literally got only 3 clients (Repeating) which I got from Buyers request, and luckily now I don’t get a single buyers request. My impressions:click ratio is is decent but impression no. Are below 100.

If I say my overall opinion on Fiverr, they don’t support quality of service but experience on the site. Which is kinda ok but still not the best thing.

Anyway I want to be a level 2 seller here and see if I boost my sells then and if that doesn’t work I may have to leave fiverr.

• Like 76

And it’s not like I don’t value my skills, i just need to make aggressive pricing here where many sellers sale the same service. And to prove my quality of service, fiverr fails to even give me a chance. I literally got only 3 clients (Repeating) which I got from Buyers request, and luckily now I don’t get a single buyers request. My impressions:click ratio is is decent but impression no. Are below 100.

If I say my overall opinion on Fiverr, they don’t support quality of service but experience on the site. Which is kinda ok but still not the best thing.

Anyway I want to be a level 2 seller here and see if I boost my sells then and if that doesn’t work I may have to leave fiverr.

Challenge yourself to look beyond the obvious.

And to prove my quality of service, fiverr fails to even give me a chance.

It is not Fiverr’s responsibility to “give you a chance”. You make your own chances. Fiverr does not guarantee sales or top visibility to any seller here on Fiverr. If you want to be successful, YOU need to learn how to make that happen. No one is going to provide you any chances or sales. You need to take creative steps to build your own success. Those who do, achieve.

I want to be a level 2 seller here and see if I boost my sells then and if that doesn’t work I may have to leave fiverr.

YOU are the only person who can make YOU successful. The success YOU achieve depends entirely upon the goals YOU set, and steps YOU take to reach those goals.

• Like 76

Wow. This is crazy. So only for members who have already found success. While newcomers fumble around in the dark. There is nothing to help new sellers like this program? Am I understanding correctly?

So only for members who have already found success. While newcomers fumble around in the dark. There is nothing to help new sellers like this program?

For what it’s worth, we don’t have it - we’ve been a Top Rated Seller for about a year now, with gigs in the relevant categories. So right now, I couldn’t tell you why some are being chosen, while others aren’t.

In terms of this not being open to newcomers - whilst this might be a bitter pill to swallow, the decision does make sense. Have a look at the main page of this forum, and count in a day the number of people posting “How do I make more sales?” posts. Then look at the quality of their gigs. 9 times out of 10, they are sub-par (to be polite). Now think of how many people don’t post on the forum, but still slap together some garbage gigs and assume they should be getting sales. Hundreds, if not thousands every day. Do you really think Fiverr want those gigs on their front search pages?

Promoting gigs gives you the potential to be the first thing a buyer sees when they come to Fiverr, potentially a buyer who is brand new to Fiverr. Fiverr want those buyers to have a good impression of the site. So yeah, I think it makes sense to only allow sellers and gigs with a proven track record to take those spots, at least for the time being. Fiverr want to do all they can to make the experience for the buyer positive, and that benefits all of us - a rising tide lifts all boats.

Is it fair? Yes, and no. No because I get that there are some amazing new sellers who would love to pay their way to the top spot, but won’t be able to. And Yes, because new members will just have to prove themselves the old-fashioned way, just like the rest of us did when we started out.

It may not be like this forever - perhaps, as time goes on, they’ll open this up to more people. But right now, I think it’s the right call.

• Like 78
  • Thanks 1

Wow. This is crazy. So only for members who have already found success. While newcomers fumble around in the dark. There is nothing to help new sellers like this program? Am I understanding correctly?

yes. but some newcomers not work properly. sometimes they have not enough skills. if they start promoting their gig .sometimes buyer orders their gig but at last he did not get his work properly. so how you handle this ??

then they get a bad impression for a fiver

• Like 71

Love this promoted gig feature and soon available to all sellers soon 😀

and soon available to all sellers soon

Where have you seen this? There has been no indication that “all sellers” will be getting this. We’re a Top Rated Seller, and we still don’t have access to it. If you’re a Level 1 or Level 0 seller, I would work on the assumption that this won’t be made available to you, and focus instead on reaching the criteria needed for it to become available.

• Like 74

Where have you seen this? There has been no indication that “all sellers” will be getting this. We’re a Top Rated Seller, and we still don’t have access to it. If you’re a Level 1 or Level 0 seller, I would work on the assumption that this won’t be made available to you, and focus instead on reaching the criteria needed for it to become available.

Hello @cubittaudio

Please go through this images were i contacted the CS regarding this promote gig feature and see what they said. 🙏

Capture.PNG.d58c7ef135ec0f25543fb1e174249624.PNG
Capture862×653 67.4 KB
  • Like 75
  • Up 1

Interesting. I’m always a bit skeptical when it’s from Customer Support; they tell different sellers different things about established practices like cancellations, so until it comes from somewhere more official, I wouldn’t necessarily bank on this being accurate.

Certainly all the wording I’ve seen so far suggests that Fiverr will expect sellers to have some tangible experience and success on the platform before they make this available to them. But I guess we’ll see.

• Like 75

Interesting. I’m always a bit skeptical when it’s from Customer Support; they tell different sellers different things about established practices like cancellations, so until it comes from somewhere more official, I wouldn’t necessarily bank on this being accurate.

Certainly all the wording I’ve seen so far suggests that Fiverr will expect sellers to have some tangible experience and success on the platform before they make this available to them. But I guess we’ll see.

You are also right but let’s see how much time it takes to get available

• Like 72

Love this promoted gig feature and soon available to all sellers soon 😀

Though CS doesn’t say it will “soon be available to all sellers”. They say it will be gradually introduced to more and more users and that “eventually the feature will be available to everyone”. So it sounds like it probably won’t be available soon to all sellers…It might take ages for it to be.

• Like 73
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...