Launching Promoted Gigs

mjensen415

I am starting to think that all the search feature all the users were reporting that their gigs are pushed back, i think it was on purpose by fiverr because they thought the one that are pushed back will pay to bring it back at top, so all this problem was because of them

I don’t believe this is true, because sellers from categories that aren’t even part of the ads program have been complaining about gig placement. Fiverr is/was not intentionally sending seller gigs to the back of the search results, just to force them to pay more to be seen. Why would Fiverr, as you claim, send sellers to the back of the search results who don’t even qualify for the promoted gigs program?

This is also a point indeed, i forgot this. What about the second thought i shared?

• Like 79
  • Thanks 3

I think in the same way as you, the Gig need at least 30 review, okay… but i would like to promote my second gig who give me more revenue per order, i don’t wanna promote my main gig just because have more reviews

That’s exactly what I have in mind too! I was thinking to create another gig and promote it, but then I read the “30 reviews” rule 😦

• Like 87
  • Thanks 2

Fiverr New Features:

1. Instant Withdrawal
  2. Promoted Gigs

Are they available to me?

NO!

Am I eligible for them?

YES!

Then why they are not available to me?

I DON’T KNOW!

Awesome. 😶

For me they are both useless since I won’t use them, but I understand how some would need instant withdrawal. I wouldn’t say promoted gigs were needed, but I am sure some people would use them.

• Like 86

On 7/31/2020 at 3:59 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well I am at the bottom, my entire account, all my gigs are at the bottom. And I qualify for the program. Not saying it’s intentional or anything, but it’s certain some popular gigs are at the bottom and they are obviously encouraged to pay for exposure since they are not getting new messages or customers.

My most popular gig is currently not on the first page of search results, but it does not qualify for this program, since it isn’t within a category currently open to ads. I do have a logo design gig that qualifies, but I do not yet have access to the ads platform. Where a seller’s gigs are, right now, clearly does not relate to the potential for a seller within the ads program. As you know, gigs rotate around regularly. I do not believe Fiverr is intentionally doing anything to force sellers to participate in the program.

in the past two weeks the inquiries dropped, with me, with you and with others people. I’m almost sure that the reason is because the new Promote Gig feature.

Please don’t make assumptions. The new ad promotion feature was officially released YESTERDAY. It doesn’t have anything to with your loss of sales over the PAST TWO WEEKS. It is unwise to cast blame on other things, when, in reality, the only person who can make you successful and earn you orders is YOU. If your sales are low, no one else is to blame. Do some marketing research, and figure out how to better connect to your target customers. That’s how you earn orders.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:08 PM, ohbeclever said:

It is super unfair that there are some newly joined sellers that have waay more experience in a certain area than say one “top rated seller”.

Claimed experience in the past, has very little to do with what buyers see in the present. When buyers look at the services of a TRS, they see a hard-built reputation on this site, with reviews, testimonials, buyer samples, etc. When buyers look at a new seller, they see an unproven risk, and a seller with no social proof of his/her claimed skills. More often than not, a buyer is going to hire the proven professional with reviews, samples, and social proof. That’s usually how business works no matter where you go. It is, therefore, unrealistic to claim this to be unfair. We all start at the bottom and work our way up. New sellers need to work hard to prove themselves… TRS sellers have already done this. That’s just how business works.

• Like 96

Well I am at the bottom, my entire account, all my gigs are at the bottom. And I qualify for the program. Not saying it’s intentional or anything, but it’s certain some popular gigs are at the bottom and they are obviously encouraged to pay for exposure since they are not getting new messages or customers.

My most popular gig is currently not on the first page of search results, but it does not qualify for this program, since it isn’t within a category currently open to ads. I do have a logo design gig that qualifies, but I do not yet have access to the ads platform. Where a seller’s gigs are, right now, clearly does not relate to the potential for a seller within the ads program. As you know, gigs rotate around regularly. I do not believe Fiverr is intentionally doing anything to force sellers to participate in the program.

I do not believe Fiverr is intentionally doing anything to force sellers to participate in the program.

Maybe not. However, since the day the program was released I didn’t receive any message from any new customer. Usually I get at least 2-3 per day. So… that’s strange since this is the third day. For now I have repeat orders to go through, so I am not worrying, but I am seeing a few bad changes at least in my situation.

• Like 91

hello I’m a level 2 seller and one of my gig fulfill all the requirements, but why I can’t see this feature there???

one of my gig fulfill all the requirements, but why I can’t see this feature there???

Is it one of your active gigs? Are you sure it’s in one of the subcategories they allow promoted gigs for?

eg. in the “Video & Animation” category they only allow promoted gigs for the “Whiteboard & Animated Explainers” subcategory, not the “Character Animation” subcategory currently.

Also if your gigs are okay re: the requirements, another reason you might not be able to see it is because sellers are manually picked for it currently according to the help page (it says “only hand-vetted sellers who meet all our quality metrics…”).

• Like 88

But if it’s not for what sellers need (or want) why would they pay extra for these promoted gigs? If it’s to make things more appealing for buyers in general that’s something Fiverr could do with the search results by themselves.

It’s like why would someone do a book promotion if they needed many reviews of the book already? They do book promotion to start the sales off and get the reviews really. So Fiverr requiring a minimum of 30 reviews for a gig to be promoted doesn’t seem the best thing to do really. I might want the promotion to start a new-ish gig off, to start getting sales on it (assuming I was one of the people who had this feature).

Give them some time. they will understand…

• Like 81
  • Thanks 3

But if it’s not for what sellers need (or want) why would they pay extra for these promoted gigs? If it’s to make things more appealing for buyers in general that’s something Fiverr could do with the search results by themselves.

It’s like why would someone do a book promotion if they needed many reviews of the book already? They do book promotion to start the sales off and get the reviews really. So Fiverr requiring a minimum of 30 reviews for a gig to be promoted doesn’t seem the best thing to do really. I might want the promotion to start a new-ish gig off, to start getting sales on it (assuming I was one of the people who had this feature).

Yes, while I guess Cat is right and it’s a win-win for Fiverr if sellers pay for additional promotion of their anyway best selling gig (or to avoid their gig losing outcon sales because promoted gigs are more visible), that’s where the feature might actually come in handy from seller side, to launch a new gig, plus, it would be easier to know if the investment pays off vs promoting a gig that often gets orders anyway.

I’d feel more tempted to try the feature on a new gig. I don’t yet have the option, though, in any case.

• Like 91

On 8/1/2020 at 11:40 AM, mateusbl said:

I talked about it here but no one give atention in the forum, as you said in the past two weeks the inquiries dropped, with me, with you and with others people. I’m almost sure that the reason is because the new Promote Gig feature. Before this past two weeks i received everyday at least one message from clients.

Yes it’s a bit discouraging. I really don’t work on other platforms because Fiverr is superior in every way. So to have a scare like this is unfortunate. Literally the entire world has so much to worry about, this was one place I felt a little bit secure.

Hopefully, time will work out the kinks.

I have put so much effort into my gigs and portfolio and it would be a shame for new buyers to not have many choices on the first pages. As of now the same people are showing up day after day in the front pages. Great for them! Not so great for the rest. I just wonder how much more the revenue is from ads rather than TRS bringing in their normal revenue.

Well let’s try to stay positive. This too shall pass.

I have been on Fiverr long enough to realize there are ups and downs. When I have a down turn it gives me a much needed chance to catch my breath and relax.

The ads may or may not affect your business but only you can control where your mind wonders with it.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, ruprekha said:

hello I’m a level 2 seller and one of my gig fulfill all the requirements, but why I can’t see this feature there???

It’s not really a feature because you have to be invited to participate. Just like getting to a TRS, you are chosen, it doesn’t automatically happen.

• Like 97

Yes it’s a bit discouraging. I really don’t work on other platforms because Fiverr is superior in every way. So to have a scare like this is unfortunate. Literally the entire world has so much to worry about, this was one place I felt a little bit secure.

Hopefully, time will work out the kinks.

I have put so much effort into my gigs and portfolio and it would be a shame for new buyers to not have many choices on the first pages. As of now the same people are showing up day after day in the front pages. Great for them! Not so great for the rest. I just wonder how much more the revenue is from ads rather than TRS bringing in their normal revenue.

Well let’s try to stay positive. This too shall pass.

I have been on Fiverr long enough to realize there are ups and downs. When I have a down turn it gives me a much needed chance to catch my breath and relax.

The ads may or may not affect your business but only you can control where your mind wonders with it.

I think that this new feature can give us more opportunities and maybe will be possible to us depend less of just organic results, maybe we can stay less online without prejudice our performance.

I hope that Promoted Gigs give more orders, for keep investing in this. You know sometimes we pay ADS to get one client, and this client can order more than once. Let’s see if this will work, the feature is in beta yet, i wanna that they let us promote more than one gig.

• Like 86

I’m trying to find this feature too and it’s not available for me.
Maybe it’s because the last requirements, to meet their criteria.

Hopefully it can be applied to all level 2 seller cause I’m so interested to use this features as well

And if I’m not mistaken, Isn’t Fiverr had this feature couple years ago.

Maybe in around 2016-2017 or something around that year.
I used to get an invitation where I could pay a little amount of $ to get my gig promoted.

Maybe a seller with 4 years above experience of joining Fiverr had the same experience?
Is this the same like that time?

• Like 86

On 8/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, donnovan86 said:

Competitors can easily click on your gig and make you pay for basically nothing.

That happens on Google sometimes. Some competitors want to exhaust your advertising budget so they click on your ads. Don’t know if that will happen on Fiverr. Sometimes when I search using filters, I can find my gig on the first three rows.

If my gig has been deleted - How could be show in promoted gig? - even i’m not able to view that gig.

Can your deleted gig be rescued? Or was it deleted forever? Maybe they want you to activate it again, perhaps with higher prices (I’m assuming you were charging $5 or $10 before, I could be wrong)

Well I am at the bottom, my entire account, all my gigs are at the bottom.

If you ever gotten an order from a stranger, chances are your gig was on page 1, at least for a while. I think that’s what happen to me with my other gigs, the ones that don’t get enough impressions. Today I got an order for Google ads, I haven’t gotten an order from that gig in three months, maybe longer. I wonder if the buyer used a filter, maybe he searched for sellers that were online or wanted someone that delivers in 5 days instead of 7. Who knows?

My average sale price is $94. All I can say is I hope it’s financially worth it for Fiverr to loose out on our incoming revenue.

Fiverr isn’t like a traditional company where profitable employees are protected. Fiverr has inflexible standards, you could be a TRS, you could be making $10,000 a month, but if your Order Completion Rate falls to 89%, you’ll be demoted to level 2.

It took me a long time to understand that. I had to give up my churn and burn philosophy. Had to start working harder on each order, taking my time, rejecting potential clients, never clicking “deliver now” until the client has seen the work and is satisfied, telling people to message me before ordering, etc.

Also, Fiverr has taught me they don’t believe in tradition, they’re willing to change anything and everything at any time for any reason.

• Like 94

They’re hand-picked currently so that could be why (I’m not sure why they really need to be though). Out of level 2 sellers and TRS (though I assume it’s mostly TRS who have the feature currently).

Also I don’t really understand why it says it’s only for gigs with at least 30 reviews. Surely gigs with less than 30 reviews would need promotion a lot more than those with more reviews?

Maybe one day they might make it available to levels 1 and under too, as well as make it an automatic thing rather than a manual selection of sellers.

Did they think about the new sellers who are just started, I m one of them, I already struggle to get my first order and now it s going to be more difficult because we are out of this features… I feel like we are in the situation of “The rich get richer and the poor get poorer”.

• Like 85

Will this be beneficial for a new seller like me?

Will this be beneficial for a new seller…

Probably not, because new sellers don’t qualify for the program. Perhaps you didn’t read the announcement. Only vetted Level 2 and TRS level sellers qualify to participate, and only if they have gigs in the listed categories.

• Like 88

Why can’t new and level 1 sellers do it?

New sellers and Level 1 sellers cannot use the program, because that is how Fiverr has chosen to maintain the program. It would appear that sellers have to build a reputation for themselves, earn sales and reviews, and be someone buyers want to hire, before they are allowed to promote their successful gigs via ads in the program.

Truth be told, the ads program would be completely overwhelmed if New Sellers and Level 1 sellers – most of whom don’t have any experience as freelancers – started spamming their gigs in ads. The program is a way to supplement a seller’s marketing efforts, not a substitute for sellers who have done nothing to reach out to their target markets.

It looks like Fiverr views the program as a bonus for sellers who have worked hard to become higher level sellers. If you want to be considered in the program, then you are going to have to achieve the requirements Fiverr has established.

• Like 94

New sellers and Level 1 sellers cannot use the program, because that is how Fiverr has chosen to maintain the program. It would appear that sellers have to build a reputation for themselves, earn sales and reviews, and be someone buyers want to hire, before they are allowed to promote their successful gigs via ads in the program.

Truth be told, the ads program would be completely overwhelmed if New Sellers and Level 1 sellers – most of whom don’t have any experience as freelancers – started spamming their gigs in ads. The program is a way to supplement a seller’s marketing efforts, not a substitute for sellers who have done nothing to reach out to their target markets.

It looks like Fiverr views the program as a bonus for sellers who have worked hard to become higher level sellers. If you want to be considered in the program, then you are going to have to achieve the requirements Fiverr has established.

It looks like Fiverr views the program as a bonus for sellers who have worked hard to become higher level sellers.

I don’t see how it’s a bonus when my views have plummeted and got lower every day since the program has launched. It seems to become a necessity. I am curious if other level 2 and top rated sellers have less views and no messages from new customers. It’s definitely happening to me.

• Like 89
  • Up 1