Bad experience with the client

diniftikhar

I had a project with one of my clients. We finalize the order on writing the code only but he was a student so as a good gesture from my side I sent him the code as well as schematic design. I sent him full simulation of how the code and the circuit will work together. He was final year student so he should know on how to run these things. Still, I sent him the step by step process on how to open and run these simulations but he still was unable to do it. Then, I told him to watch a youtube video that will help. Later on, I saw he raised the dispute and withdraw resolution after 10 minutes. Now, He is not accepting the order although I delivered more than he asked. What will happen if he gives me a negative review now? I am new here and that will ruin my career.
Initially, He was offering 40$ but I told him that it’s a small task and 30$ would be enough.

I had a project with one of my clients. We finalize the order on writing the code only but he was a student so as a good gesture from my side I sent him the code as well as schematic design. I sent him full simulation of how the code and the circuit will work together. He was final year student so he should know on how to run these things. Still, I sent him the step by step process on how to open and run these simulations but he still was unable to do it. Then, I told him to watch a youtube video that will help. Later on, I saw he raised the dispute and withdraw resolution after 10 minutes. Now, He is not accepting the order although I delivered more than he asked. What will happen if he gives me a negative review now? I am new here and that will ruin my career.

Initially, He was offering 40$ but I told him that it’s a small task and 30$ would be enough.

He was final year student

Are you doing academic work for a student?

Not much to worry about this bro. I had the same issue with one of my client, I kept rejecting his cancellation dispute and contacted CS regarding it. Basically i tried cancelling my order through Cs. I attached the screenshots of the order and conversation we had, After a few days one of their employees contacted back and the order was cancelled without effecting my cancellation rate!
Try to contact CS and explain your issue to them! Hope that helps.

Not much to worry about this bro. I had the same issue with one of my client, I kept rejecting his cancellation dispute and contacted CS regarding it. Basically i tried cancelling my order through Cs. I attached the screenshots of the order and conversation we had, After a few days one of their employees contacted back and the order was cancelled without effecting my cancellation rate!

Thanks, @rehmanx_x, I will try that!

He was final year student

I asked because it is against Fiverr TOS to provide help with school projects. If CS discovers you did, they will not only cancel the order, but give you a warning. So, I was just cautioning you to be careful about contacting CS.

What will happen if he gives me a negative review now? I am new here and that will ruin my career.

Listen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. When you’re in business you’re bound to get a negative feedback from a buyer. Just keep pushing forward, I encourage Sellers to stop selling themselves short by accepting peanuts. Know your worth, don’t allow Buyers to dictate how you should run your business, never fear Buyers. This is your Business, take the wheel. 🍍

What will happen if he gives me a negative review now? I am new here and that will ruin my career.

Listen it wouldn’t be the end of the world. When you’re in business you’re bound to get a negative feedback from a buyer. Just keep pushing forward, I encourage Sellers to stop selling themselves short by accepting peanuts. Know your worth, don’t allow Buyers to dictate how you should run your business, never fear Buyers. This is your Business, take the wheel. 🍍

I cancelled the order although I delivered the work more than required. It affected my order completion rate but he kept modifiying the order so I had no choice.

I cancelled the order although I delivered the work more than required. It affected my order completion rate but he kept modifiying the order so I had no choice.

you should not cancel the order, you have fiverr seller support team to contact, they have record of conversation and delivery so it can be realized easily that who is a fault. you should have contacted fiverr support team so you would may get your order accepted.

you should not cancel the order, you have fiverr seller support team to contact, they have record of conversation and delivery so it can be realized easily that who is a fault. you should have contacted fiverr support team so you would may get your order accepted.

Yeah, I am regretting it now!

Tha’s it!! Contact CS, I made several mistakes because try to solve things by myself. So Explain all situation to CS, show evidence, but DO NO ACCEPT CANCELLATION please!!!

“Then, I told him to watch a youtube video that will help.” You tell him this line and he/she get angry. Don’t say anything like this okay. Always try to solved his/her problem.Okay.Best of luck.

I explained the process twice but he was not getting it that’s why I thought visual demonstration would help but you are right. I agree with you!

Tha’s it!! Contact CS, I made several mistakes because try to solve things by myself. So Explain all situation to CS, show evidence, but DO NO ACCEPT CANCELLATION please!!!

Contact CS, I made several mistakes because try to solve things by myself. So Explain all situation to CS, show evidence, but DO NO ACCEPT CANCELLATION please!!!

Trouble is, CS has a nasty habit of ignoring everything a seller says, sees the word ‘cancellation’ and gets excited, so they swoop in and do their worst.

And then just to make it a round irritation, they’ll give you a warning too!

(The above has happened to me 4 times)

Contact CS, I made several mistakes because try to solve things by myself. So Explain all situation to CS, show evidence, but DO NO ACCEPT CANCELLATION please!!!

Trouble is, CS has a nasty habit of ignoring everything a seller says, sees the word ‘cancellation’ and gets excited, so they swoop in and do their worst.

674/5000

Fiverr is a platform, they have their way of working. I have not had that experience with CS, but in the case of this post it is worse to accept the cancellation directly without trying to contact the CS and show the point of view and expose that case.

It is not good to generalize, there are situations where CS has helped people, and in any case I had a situation and because I did not seek contact with CS I did not have the opportunity to solve the problem.

The customer is always right?

We all know that this is not true, but you have to negotiate and treat people well by being political. That is always the best way.

When things get out of control and we get upset we lose.

Got this reply from CS, so what should my reply be now?
"We understand that there are some cancellations that cannot be avoided and are no fault of the seller. Currently, your analytics will continue to reflect all cancellations, including mutual cancellations, and in the near future, this may be updated.

Please note that like any other marketplace, cancellations will inevitably happen as long as you get more requests for your services sold on Fiverr.

We encourage you to keep performing at your best level so that your rate can be updated in no time.

We’re here if you have any further questions or concerns."

Archived