SELLERS BEWARE - Fiverr banned my Level 2 account for no reason. (18,000$+) They ALSO gave me a warning for no reason, apologized and removed it. Now, they banned my account. I have PROOF and they refuse. Speaking with a lawyer

julpane77

I see. So its more of a license breach than it is copy pasting already made stock icons. So if the seller sells me a logo consisted of 4 stock icons combined together, on which he adds small additional line to make it “different” or doesnt add anything at all, the seller can still get away with it as long as he hasnt breached the licensing rules.

But I wouldnt be so happy with the result, when I understand how he/she made the logo, So if I knew at the beginning, i would have probably not accepted the delivery. Trying to understand how this goes with logos…

Even though some “inspirations” are little Khm…

🙂 And airbnb is allowed to use this logo??

And airbnb is allowed to use this logo??

Yes. The trick with logos is that in order to prevent someone else from using it you need to register trademark on it. And even then, the trademark is only valid in countries you applied. For example if Mcdonalds only registered his logo in USA, Canada guy could open Mcdonalds’s with the same logo the same everything. What is important who registered, where, and when.

Look at Space force. Government and TV house both filled registration papers, but TV was faster, so when aliens come the USA force that will fight them can not use name Space force 😃 Sounds like a joke but it is a real thing.

And regarding registration of the logo in EU is very simple. I have my electronic ID card and when I make a logo for client I apply for registration on my name. the application is free, you only have to pay after 30 days, and you pay around 20-50$ for countries you are applying. I can revoke it in 30 days. If buyer accepts the offer, I cancel my trademark application, if buyers say he doesn’t like it, the logo is mine and he can not use it (by getting a cheaper designer to recreate my work). In the EU the site is called WIPO, I do not know how it goes in USA or elsewhere.

Archived