How would you deal with this buyer?

juliapla

As long as you delivered and he has requested an official revision, in other words the orders is tagged as a revision the order will be marked completed in 3 days anyway, might as well just wait it out. If he is threatening the rating let him, remember you get to review him also. I know many frown upon lambasting clients but you may have to do so in a professional manner if the buyer decides to go that route.

As long as you delivered and he has requested an official revision, in other words the orders is tagged as a revision the order will be marked completed in 3 days anyway, might as well just wait it out.

I’ve had an order in this “revision” state for also a week now but it still has not expire for me. Did I do something wrong? 🥺

@juliapla once customer support responds to you take screenshots and show it to the buyer who is threatening you. Most of these cowards run away when CS gets involved because they are afraid their accounts will get taken away from them. Just show no fear, stand your ground and stick to your guns!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK seems like you have antagonized him enough, he appears to be confident in his decision to call in CS and have them cancel the order.

Looks like you don’t have any moves to make but that’s OK since you are only interested in getting your money.

All you can do is wait for CS to respond to your ticket, hopefully sooner than they get to his.

You could also keep delivering the files -do not deliver without the files uploaded- and with the same message of “here are the files you signed off on. I am available to discuss a fair rate for the re-do your client requested “.

Do not fight with them. And only re-deliver once a day. Don’t spam the order page.

Also when talking to CS, don’t add to the overall frustration.

Let them know honestly that you did what your buyer asked for and delivered as advertised .

Don’t assign blame or escalate things on your end.

This will play out soon enough.

Hope everything works out!

So you think there’s a chance of getting the money? Ok, I’ll deliver once a day and wait for CS’ response, thank you so much for your advice and help, I really appreciate it!

As long as you delivered and he has requested an official revision, in other words the orders is tagged as a revision the order will be marked completed in 3 days anyway, might as well just wait it out.

I’ve had an order in this “revision” state for also a week now but it still has not expire for me. Did I do something wrong? 🥺

@juliapla once customer support responds to you take screenshots and show it to the buyer who is threatening you. Most of these cowards run away when CS gets involved because they are afraid their accounts will get taken away from them. Just show no fear, stand your ground and stick to your guns!

Well, he also contacted them and I’m sure he’s changing the storie… but I hope CS will believe me with the screenshots, he can’t lie with that evidence. Thank you 🙂

So sorry to hear, that you worked so hard, and now have to fight for your reputation and time 🙁
This buyer looks inadequate - as you said (and was 100% right) you asked him, if everything is ok, on every step of your work. If you did, what he asked in the first message, if he accepted every step, everything else is not your problem. You don’t have to do any work twice - this is not your fault, that someone else (who is not even your buyer) needed completely another result.
I really hope that CS will help you! Inadequate buyer can happen to every seller - wish you good luck in solving this problem!

So sorry to hear, that you worked so hard, and now have to fight for your reputation and time 🙁

This buyer looks inadequate - as you said (and was 100% right) you asked him, if everything is ok, on every step of your work. If you did, what he asked in the first message, if he accepted every step, everything else is not your problem. You don’t have to do any work twice - this is not your fault, that someone else (who is not even your buyer) needed completely another result.

I really hope that CS will help you! Inadequate buyer can happen to every seller - wish you good luck in solving this problem!

I’m glad to hear that many of you understand my situation, thank you so much 🙂

This happens to me once in a blue moon. Better to just revised the files and send. If it is within the number of revisions you provide you have to send. Cause if you don’t, the order is going to get cancelled and you are not going to get the money anyway. Fiverr is not going to take your side in this case. I do understand that it is a lot of work to do, specially in 3d rendering. But that is how Fiverr works.

So sorry to hear this happening to you. You mentioned the buyer wanted free work after you delivered your first gig… that was a red flag. Hope it works out for you.

I know, I shouldn’t have given him a second opportunity… the order instructions seemed so clear and he was polite at that moment, I couldn’t think things would turn out this way 😦

Ow my my .This was really a horrible situation you face.The buyer dealing is not good.Just pick the positive screen shot of buyer and take the screen shot of support.Best of luck.

yes, I’ve taken many screenshot where he says everything is perfect, good job etc and telling me to deliver

This happens to me once in a blue moon. Better to just revised the files and send. If it is within the number of revisions you provide you have to send. Cause if you don’t, the order is going to get cancelled and you are not going to get the money anyway. Fiverr is not going to take your side in this case. I do understand that it is a lot of work to do, specially in 3d rendering. But that is how Fiverr works.

There wasn’t any revisions included in the order and the work took me 1-2 weeks to do, there’s no way I’m doing everything again as a revision, even less if I sent him pictures of all the process and he agreed with the result

I follow these steps:

1. Reiterate the custom offer’s terms. Attach the screenshots.

2. Remind the person that I was hired and was working with them, not their “client”, their band bassist’s girlfriend, their secretary who went to the art school in her youth and has an opinion (I don’t include the second half of the sentence, of course).

3. Remind them that they’ve approved everything (with screenshots).

4. Offer them a new design at a discounted price while being very nonchalant about it. Things happen, I’ll make a new one, no problem. As long as I’m paid for my time. This is an important step even if they decline. It shows that you’re willing to fix things and are doing your best to cooperate.

PS I don’t work with resellers if I can help it. But sometimes they play the role of an end customer so well until the revisions come in. I hope the situation gets resolved in your favor.

Guest habibullah_sdk

Honestly it’s a horrible situation when buyer behaved like this. I think it should be focused on fiverr community, they should have care about this. 😕

This is what happened: a buyer order some 3D models, I sent him pictures and videos in every step of the process to make sure everything was fine and make some adjustments if needed. He said everything was perfect all the time and told me to deliver it. Turns out that he was working for someone out of Fiverr and he didn’t ask for his approval at any moment. I didn’t include revisions in the order, but he asked for one because the person he was working for didn’t like the result. I did the revision and delivered. Then he came with a new revision which include many new things, literally making the whole order again but as a revision. I rejected to do so, because I did my work and my buyer was happy with the result but now he’s not because he’s own buyer out of fiverr, which is not my responsability, is not happy with the result, as he was not shown any of the process pictures and videos so he was not able to give his feedback. Now he wants to cancel the order and wants his money back, I’ve contacted CS and sent them many screenshots of the buyer saying everything is fine and is ready to deliver. I’d like to hear your opinion and experiences, what would you suggest me to do in this kind of situation? Is there any chance that Fiverr agrees with sellers or do they buyers always win?

He said everything was perfect all the time and told me to deliver it. Turns out that he was working for someone out of Fiverr and he didn’t ask for his approval at any moment

To be honest when that happens it makes me furious and no way I’m going to cancel the order as it was not my responsibility to manage a client in this case.

On the contrary I send them a gig extra.

As soon as I know that they didn’t tell me that they are a third party and reselling my services I’m immediately sending them gig extra for x$ for commercial rights. They didn’t have a right to resell my service without my approval and to resell it they need to purchase commercial rights otherwise they are in the breach of TOS. (and not only TOS to be honest, it’s copyrights infringement)

Usually they get scared that they tried to game a system and didn’t work and just leaving everything as it is.

I follow these steps:

1. Reiterate the custom offer’s terms. Attach the screenshots.

2. Remind the person that I was hired and was working with them, not their “client”, their band bassist’s girlfriend, their secretary who went to the art school in her youth and has an opinion (I don’t include the second half of the sentence, of course).

3. Remind them that they’ve approved everything (with screenshots).

4. Offer them a new design at a discounted price while being very nonchalant about it. Things happen, I’ll make a new one, no problem. As long as I’m paid for my time. This is an important step even if they decline. It shows that you’re willing to fix things and are doing your best to cooperate.

PS I don’t work with resellers if I can help it. But sometimes they play the role of an end customer so well until the revisions come in. I hope the situation gets resolved in your favor.

I did step 1 to 3 but he is very stubborn, he says if his client is not satisfied, the work is not valid. To be honest, I don’t like the idea of making him a new design, a person like this is not reliable to work with and I did my job, I’m not oblied to keep working with him. However, I would be willing to accept if it was as a new order, and not as a revision, which he doesn’t want to do.

Thank you 🙂

He said everything was perfect all the time and told me to deliver it. Turns out that he was working for someone out of Fiverr and he didn’t ask for his approval at any moment

To be honest when that happens it makes me furious and no way I’m going to cancel the order as it was not my responsibility to manage a client in this case.

On the contrary I send them a gig extra.

As soon as I know that they didn’t tell me that they are a third party and reselling my services I’m immediately sending them gig extra for x$ for commercial rights. They didn’t have a right to resell my service without my approval and to resell it they need to purchase commercial rights otherwise they are in the breach of TOS. (and not only TOS to be honest, it’s copyrights infringement)

Usually they get scared that they tried to game a system and didn’t work and just leaving everything as it is.

I didn’t know about commercial rights when resellig for a 3rd party, I’ve never worked with resellers before (to my knowledge) and I didn’t know he was. Anyway at this point I don’t really care about commercial rights, I just want the money for the time I’ve spent working on his order, though I see your point and it’s something to consider, thank you

Hi Julia, i recommend to everyone to read the “Terms of Use” i know no one read this, but this help me before. Some months ago a buyer said that liked of my work, but in the end he start to open a lot of revisions and after that tried to cancel. So i delivered again and just said to him like:

“You can’t cancel based on quality, as you said before, you liked the project… when you use the Fiverr Plataform you agrre with the Terms of Use”

THE MAIN TOPICS to help you:

• Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

• Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

• Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.

• Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.

I hope that this can help you, if your buyer doesn’t accept your work you can send again the material and wait for the automatically close after 3 days. If the buyer accept and give you a bad review, you can contact the support and explain and the Fiverr will remove the bad review, as the buyer infringe the Terms of Use.

know no one read this

Everyone should have read them since we all agreed to them when we created our accounts.

I did step 1 to 3 but he is very stubborn, he says if his client is not satisfied, the work is not valid. To be honest, I don’t like the idea of making him a new design, a person like this is not reliable to work with and I did my job, I’m not oblied to keep working with him. However, I would be willing to accept if it was as a new order, and not as a revision, which he doesn’t want to do.

Thank you 🙂

Oh, don’t worry about it. 90% of these people won’t agree to pay again so you won’t be doing anything. It’s not their game. It serves as more of a disclaimer to communicate that I’m willing to go above and beyond as long as my work and my time are respected.

I honestly think being a reseller, not disclosing that you’re a reseller and then invoking some phantom “client”'s opinion as a reason not to pay you should be a bannable offense. It’s at the very least dishonest and at worst a scam tactic. It’s like you’re entering a contest where the winner gets paid except you’re not made aware of it.

Archived