Is it Okay to Buying Fake Reviews?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my mates suggested me. But I prefer to confirm first.

If your mate suggested you rob a woman and jump off a bridge, would you consider doing it until confirming in a forum that it is a bad idea?

Think critically. An idea doesn’t become worth considering just because your mate suggested it.

I am in facebook groups about Fiverr and I have learn a lot as a buyer. Now as a buyer I can recognize (or I think I can) fake reviews. If you see an amazing reviews and you are like “there is not way someone could write that for an order” and the review is from USA or UK than is probable the review is FAKE.

After being in those facebook groups I don’t trust reviews from US and UK, the people that order the fake reviews for some reason wants from these two countries. My advice: be more creative with the countries 🙂

I am in facebook groups about Fiverr and I have learn a lot as a buyer. Now as a buyer I can recognize (or I think I can) fake reviews. If you see an amazing reviews and you are like “there is not way someone could write that for an order” and the review is from USA or UK than is probable the review is FAKE.

After being in those facebook groups I don’t trust reviews from US and UK, the people that order the fake reviews for some reason wants from these two countries. My advice: be more creative with the countries 🙂

90% of my clients are from the US and UK, so most of my reviews will be from those countries as well. What’s so strange about that? Most of the buyers (in terms of volume) are in the US by far, so it makes total sense to get US accounts if you want to fake reviews.

What I actually distrust are reviews from certain… seller-rich countries, let’s say.

I totally agree with you. I just want expert opinions to show it to my friend that this is not the right way to achieve success

I totally agree with you. I just want expert opinions to show it to my friend that this is not the right way

No, you were considering doing it. You asked because you didn’t know if it was a problem.

If your friend wouldn’t listen to you if you told him it isn’t right to con people, but he would listen to people in the forum, you should get a better friend.

A true friend wouldn’t need to be told conning people is wrong.

90% of my clients are from the US and UK, so most of my reviews will be from those countries as well. What’s so strange about that? Most of the buyers (in terms of volume) are in the US by far, so it makes total sense to get US accounts if you want to fake reviews.

What I actually distrust are reviews from certain… seller-rich countries, let’s say.

Most of my customers are from UK so I get it. However as I said after being part of these facebook groups and seeing everything and I mean everything, I decided not to trust those reviews. It doesn’t mean I am not going to buy from someone with reviews from US or UK because in that case I wouldn’t buy from myself either but I just skip those reviews and concentrate on reviews from countries that I haven’t seen being on the buying reviews market on Facebook.

Don’t do this - this is totally against ToS.
I watched a youtube channel of a blogger, who explained, how to do this “safe” - she showed it on her channel, she made it “safe and correct”. In 1 months her profile was blocked forever.

Fiverr will detect it and block you forever. Never do this - just do your best, work hard, offer good prives in the beginning, and work honest aand everything will be ok

Don’t do this - this is totally against ToS.

I watched a youtube channel of a blogger, who explained, how to do this “safe” - she showed it on her channel, she made it “safe and correct”. In 1 months her profile was blocked forever.

Fiverr will detect it and block you forever. Never do this - just do your best, work hard, offer good prives in the beginning, and work honest aand everything will be ok

I watched a youtube channel of a blogger, who explained, how to do this “safe” - she showed it on her channel,

Well, that wasn’t a very bright review manipulator lol

Most of my customers are from UK so I get it. However as I said after being part of these facebook groups and seeing everything and I mean everything, I decided not to trust those reviews. It doesn’t mean I am not going to buy from someone with reviews from US or UK because in that case I wouldn’t buy from myself either but I just skip those reviews and concentrate on reviews from countries that I haven’t seen being on the buying reviews market on Facebook.

That doesn’t really make sense either. You don’t need to focus on specific reviews, or which countries they come from. The profile and gigs will tell you everything you need to know.

Imagine you go to a profile that has 100 reviews, and 100% of them are from the US. Are you going yo ignore them all?

People buying reviews are meksells. Meksells are obvious in other ways. The country where the reviews come from is almost always irrelevant, specially if it’s a big market like the US. Now, if the seller has a ton of reviews and they all come from like, vatican city, then I would look into it, that is indeed odd.

Having only reviews from major buyer countries is not strange - I actually have most of my reviews from a small group of countries, since I prefer working for them anyway. If I could pick, I’d rather only work for buyers in one or two countries. Better communication, higher prices (on average). It’s a numbers game.

I mean she was showing what she was doing on youtube. You know that she was buying reviews. That means everybody can know, including Fiverr. Of course she was banned, she was very stupid.

Do you think, that Fiverr CS watch youtube videos? If yes, than a looot of accounts will be blocked forever, because for the last few months I saw many videos about it - mostly, videos like this are made by people from few certain countries.

Also, when I came to Fiverr, I thought, that I came here to work and get money, not to spend my money for dubious services, that can be extremely bad for my reputation, so it has no sense. This is just my own opinion, but I would never spend money for fake reviews

Do you think, that Fiverr CS watch youtube videos? If yes, than a looot of accounts will be blocked forever, because for the last few months I saw many videos about it - mostly, videos like this are made by people from few certain countries.

Also, when I came to Fiverr, I thought, that I came here to work and get money, not to spend my money for dubious services, that can be extremely bad for my reputation, so it has no sense. This is just my own opinion, but I would never spend money for fake reviews

I doubt CS is able to watch every new “how to get rich quick and mek good sell on Fiverr” video that comes out - other people probably come across these videos and report the user.

I’m amazed you would even ask such a question.

Scenario:

A new pizza shop opens in your neighborhood. They decide to pay people to leave reviews on Yelp/Seamless/Grubhub/etc. You read the glowing 5 stars reviews saying how it’s the best pizza in town and well worth the price. You decide to spend your hard earned money on some pizza that night to treat yourself. When you receive your pizza it taste like the stuff you would find in the freezer section of your supermarket.

How would you feel if this happened?

so true i mean if its fake it will cath up eventually

Archived