Price change: 0.5 p a word!

rosslombardi

Please don’t devalue the marketplace for everyone. You will attract scammers like a bee to honey. Have some pride.

i havn’t read the whole thread, it looks like there’s been more drama then an eastenders omnibus, but i disagree with this

don’t get me wrong, i would happily pay you your £300 for a 1k article, and i would expect a professional job at great value. though i probably wouldn’t do it through fiverr. would you, in all honesty?

i fear you’re comparing a five star restaurant with mc donalds though. and i don’t mean any disrespect to the OP at all with that. many eat at mc donalds. i’m not a fan myself being veggie and all, but i treated myself to a subway earlier and bloody nice it was too. but it ain’t the ritz. heck i had to stand outside tesco and eat it, then i couldn’t even was j my hands because i didn’t have a 20p coin <.<

ignoring the fact that the OP was originally targeting resellers, hence the lower prices (although why wouldn’t i buy directly from him then, but we live and learn), i think that fiverr is good for low end business stuff, and what i call fairground attractions, which is where i would place this particular gig. i think this is why things like fortune tellers, pet portraits and heavy mettle birthday videos tend to do well here. and it’s kind of unique which is cool. there are more gigs offering furry commissions here then then on dedicated marketplaces (such as furbuy)

as for competition, i’m a little mythed. i think at some point the OP has been persuaded to raise his prices. but now he’s telling porkies. because he’s still advertising half a penny per word, which would mean £5 for 1k works, but in actual fact 1k will set you back £12.50 or £9 depending on the size of you’re order, which means that the smallest order is over a whole penny per word

now, a while back i was inspired by a few threads here (and covid) to try out some erotic fiction gig. specifically, i ordered two, thus far

the first was £14.08 for 3k words of really quite naughty erotica. i’m not sure if the OP would even go there, and while it’s not exactly Shakespeare, it is confidently written. i actually wanted 6k words for £28.16, but the seller suggested we do it in two parts, so i will be ordering part two in due course. with fee’s it actually came to about half a penny per word, and the cool thing is part two will cost me even less thanks to more favourable conversion rates at the moment

the second was less naughty. it was a $5 gig, costing me £4.18 at the time. interestingly the gig didn’t specify a word count, only offering a “short story”. what i got was 2595 words, which with fees comes to about 0.2p per word, or £2 per 1k, for me. and aside from the odd grammatical error, this one was really quite well written. i enjoyed that one

with all due respect, i can barely understand the OPs posts and gig descriptions, which include things like “3000 of words”. in all honesty i like his style, if he was actually offering 1k words for a $5 gig, i would probably order something just for the heck of it, not to take the smeg but because i came to the fair to have fun and chill out. but why would i spend £62.65 on an egg mcmuffin?

indecently the original portion of this response is over 600 words. you’re welcome 😛

i would like to add that they are making an effort, and i highly respect them for that

Dear Tiakovlana

In regards to your comment/compalint…

as for competition, i’m a little mythed. i think at some point the OP has been persuaded to raise his prices. but now he’s telling porkies. because he’s still advertising half a penny per word, which would mean £5 for 1k works, but in actual fact 1k will set you back £12.50 or £9 depending on the size of you’re order, which means that the smallest order is over a whole penny per word

Sorry for the error on my part,

I changed the prices back up but forgot to alter the Gig description.

The Gig is no longer telling Porkies, and the misleading description has been removed and replaced with the following description instead.

For small jobs

**From ME in a forum **

"If a copy is dull to write then you are not trying hard enough!"

"Because if you are finding it dull to write then all the customers, of your customer, will also be bored!"

"And that does not move products!"

"It is my job, to make all writing creative!"

"Even if it is only in the smallest way!"

"Because that is what will make my customer money!"

I am sorry that you ever felt lied to

Yours

Most Sincerly

Sir Gimpy the Wonder Clown and his Magic Burger Shack BA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extrapolated bits of filtered wisdom from this discussion so far.

at your current rate and the current conversion rate, this post would have cost me £22.55

262307_2.png tiakovolana:

Extrapolated bits of filtered wisdom from this discussion so far.

at your current rate and the current conversion rate, this post would have cost me £22.55

I am probably going to deeply regret poking at this bear trap

But I am now too morbidly curious not to,

QUESTION:

Are you implying that this would be an overcharge or an undercharge?

And then explain your reasoning either way?

Please don’t devalue the marketplace for everyone. You will attract scammers like a bee to honey. Have some pride.

i havn’t read the whole thread, it looks like there’s been more drama then an eastenders omnibus, but i disagree with this

don’t get me wrong, i would happily pay you your £300 for a 1k article, and i would expect a professional job at great value. though i probably wouldn’t do it through fiverr. would you, in all honesty?

i fear you’re comparing a five star restaurant with mc donalds though. and i don’t mean any disrespect to the OP at all with that. many eat at mc donalds. i’m not a fan myself being veggie and all, but i treated myself to a subway earlier and bloody nice it was too. but it ain’t the ritz. heck i had to stand outside tesco and eat it, then i couldn’t even was j my hands because i didn’t have a 20p coin <.<

ignoring the fact that the OP was originally targeting resellers, hence the lower prices (although why wouldn’t i buy directly from him then, but we live and learn), i think that fiverr is good for low end business stuff, and what i call fairground attractions, which is where i would place this particular gig. i think this is why things like fortune tellers, pet portraits and heavy mettle birthday videos tend to do well here. and it’s kind of unique which is cool. there are more gigs offering furry commissions here then then on dedicated marketplaces (such as furbuy)

now, a while back i was inspired by a few threads here (and covid) to try out some erotic fiction gig. specifically, i ordered two, thus far

the first was £14.08 for 3k words of really quite naughty erotica. i’m not sure if the OP would even go there, and while it’s not exactly Shakespeare, it is confidently written. i actually wanted 6k words for £28.16, but the seller suggested we do it in two parts, so i will be ordering part two in due course. with fee’s it actually came to about half a penny per word, and the cool thing is part two will cost me even less thanks to more favourable conversion rates at the moment

the second was less naughty. it was a $5 gig, costing me £4.18 at the time. interestingly the gig didn’t specify a word count, only offering a “short story”. what i got was 2595 words, which with fees comes to about 0.2p per word, or £2 per 1k, for me. and aside from the odd grammatical error, this one was really quite well written. i enjoyed that one

with all due respect, i can barely understand the OPs posts and gig descriptions, which include things like “3000 of words”. in all honesty i like his style, if he was actually offering 1k words for a $5 gig, i would probably order something just for the heck of it, not to take the smeg but because i came to the fair to have fun and chill out. but why would i spend £62.65 on an egg mcmuffin?

indecently the original portion of this response is over 600 words. you’re welcome 😛

i would like to add that they are making an effort, and i highly respect them for that

Let’s do some maths and look at some facts.

The UK minimum wage is £8.21 an hour. This is the absolute minimum that is deemed acceptable by the UK government. The living wage is higher at £9.30, and a skilled writer should be earning far more than either of these.

I would suggest it would take a minimum of two hours to write an ‘acceptable’ 1000 word article. Let’s say the working day is 8 hours.

In those 8 hours the UK government says you should earn a minimum of £65.68. This wage is of course a complete joke as in reality no one in the UK can maintain a healthy lifestyle on the minimum wage if they have rent or a mortgage to pay.

Even if the op had back to back orders for the same 8 hours, using his price point he would earn £22 a day after fees and tax.

So using your argument you are suggesting it is perfectly fine to work for a slave labour rate of £22 a day? Can we please bring some perspective to Fiverr.

The UK minimum wage is £8.21 an hour. This is the absolute minimum that is deemed acceptable by the UK government. The living wage is higher at £9.30, and a skilled writer should be earning far more than either of these.

I would suggest it would take a minimum of two hours to write an ‘acceptable’ 1000 word article. Let’s say the working day is 8 hours.

In those 8 hours the UK government says you should earn a minimum of £65.68. This wage is of course a complete joke as in reality no one in the UK can maintain a healthy lifestyle on the minimum wage if they have rent or a mortgage to pay.

Even if the op had back to back orders for the same 8 hours, using his price point he would earn £22 a day after fees and tax.

So using your argument you are suggesting it is perfectly fine to work for a slave labour rate of £22 a day? Can we please bring some perspective to Fiverr.

The terrible thing is

That at that time I was so, low and desperate, I would have felt glad to take it

Because I felt trapped, crushed and out of options

Am I supposed to feel some empathy for those that may be a bit “miffed” that I raised my prices back up?

Some twinge of guilt perhaps?

Based on the above calculations, even with my prices raised back up, I am still only getting £6: 20p an hour!

(Before the Fiverr cut!)

I could raise them again?

But raising them to a decent level seems to be futile?

Let us reverse the question,

How bad at writing (of any other job) do you have to be, to only be worth £22 a day?

And to those who may tritely say,

“Well do something else then,”

When you say that, what I actually hear is…

“Let them eat cake,”

The next very predictable response to that is,

Don’t be a drama queen!

People were starving back then!

My reply to that would be,

5 food banks in Redcar, but only 1 Costa coffee

And people who work FULL TIME are relying on those Food Banks!

Luckily (for this month) I found a solution

What that solution was, does not matter.

But I can tell you, is that once honest households who once turned random salespeople away at the door are now buying stolen items from local professional shoplifters.

As first with a pang of resigned guilt but now instead of that, in a “matter of fact” way.

I can tell you, that when good people get desperate then bad things happen

I can tell you that instead of hearing people often say

“I am better than that!”

That is being replaced with…

“Well, you have to do, what you have to do, don’t you!”

I can tell you that the “Criminal Under Class” is growing VERY quickly because people NEED IT TO!

And what especially disturbs me is that he is proud of being paid slave wages. He sees it as something to brag about.

NOTE

RE: This Post being previously flagged!

Please see my response notes, at the bottom of this post…

!

FREE GIFT!

As you like cheap writing I am giving you the cheapest

This article is FREE

You can not get cheaper than that…!

So feel free to share it, with all your like-minded friends.

!

Advice for Billionaires

Don’t let Princess Anastasia scream in vain!

There seems to be a growing “Resistance” to the Billionaire ideal

Maybe you have not noticed this yet

People used to love Billionaire.

Part of the “Character” of superheroes of the 30s. 40, 50 was the fact that they were Billionaires!

Billionaire lifestyles where once seen as inspirational and aspirational

But this “Flavour” of the last 50 years is starting to turn sour

Now some people are asking

“Should we have Billionaires?”

Part of creating and maintaining vast family legacy fortunes is strategic forward planning.

(Those from “Old” money already know this!)

If you are relying solely on media chain ownership to put down such dissenting voices, then you are pretty much trying to stop a gunshot wound with a band-aid.

Money raising events and dinners are looked upon as sickening elitist and almost insulting to those struggling on the front lines and can increase the resentment!

This trend could theoretically become a second “Marxist red tide” or maybe another “Reign of Terror” if left unchecked.

Use what you know about people to solve the long-term problem.

Think.

Why were Billionaires liked more yesterday more than they are now?

Why will Billionaires be disliked (or even hated) more tomorrow than they are today?

Put simply,

“When good people get desperate,”

“Then bad things happen”

All you must do is not let people get desperate!

People won’t be “Crushed” into submission

I do not mean this in an overly romantic “Fist in the air” sense but in a common sense one that can easily be proven with one single piece of evidence.

Exhibit A

“All of human history”

The solution is simple

Do not let people get desperate!

Ensure the 5 basics of the bottom 50%!

If they have enough,

Clean water

Nutritious food

Accessible Healthcare

Good enough shelter

and Hope.

Then your family wealth legacies will be secured long term!

And this does NOT mean throwing the odd Benefit!

You have the resources to hire the smartest people in the world and the money and influence to make their advice happen.

You do not have to solve everything.

All most people really want is to fall in love, have a family, and know their grandchildren will be ok.

Just make sure everyone in the bottom 50% has those 5 basics.

Then let them aspire towards the luxuries!

Keep your media empires, in use, as a supporting role rather as your only main tactic.

Yes, I am a leftie thinking type,

But I still feel revolted and horrified by the knowledge of innocent a child such as Anastasia screaming just because she was a princess!

Don’t let Anastasia scream in vain!

I do hope you enjoyed your Free article!

And before you even ask,

“The answer is, No,”

“You can Not have your money back!”

!

PS

RE: This Post being previously being flagged!

I would like to appeal this decision!

I fully admit that I have crossed the line before

BUT I definitely DID NOT this time!

I can not see ANY insult, Abuse or Aggression in the Entire post!

Please clarify or explain what EXACTLY I did wrong!

Because this one decision of yours looks and smells like outright (possibly even corrupt) bias on your part!

If you can not give a decent reasoned explanation, I am NOT beyond escalating upwards to the people above you,

Or failing that, opening up this enquiry to the court of public opinion on other platforms.

I am not the sort of person who doffs their cap and accepts being told to “Know your place!”

“Cutting off my nose to spite my own face” is just another Tuesday for me!

I would like to appeal this decision!

i’m going to respond properly later, but just want to say that i agree with this

this is a response to me, literally my name is on the top of the post, i am not nor was i ever offended by the post, i don’t see anything offensive in this post other then maybe some mild sarcasm, in fact i intend to respond a little later on and respectively so

anyway the post was aimed at me and i don’t see how it was offensive either. confused lemur

And what especially disturbs me is that he is proud of being paid slave wages. He sees it as something to brag about.

I have actually flip-flopped my stance since then, largely due to english_voice very persuasive argument and equivalent wage calculations.

And to be fair to yourself, this comment you made earlier…

You’re creating an incentive for people who see this to work for non-liveable wages, even in developing countries. That’s unhealthy.

I have tried to get my prices as close to minimum wage as possible, but ‘bottled out’ when I got to £8 30p before Fiverr cut.

That is an average of 20 $ per 1 K of words.

(Current UK minimum is £8 20p an hour)

I am looking at my new gig prices and feel vaguely horrified now.

I find it hard to imagine being paid these amounts for something I love doing so much.

I will try it for a months trial, and see what happens…

NOTE FOR OVERZELOUS ADMIN

THIS IS NOT SELF PROMOTION
IT IS NOT AGAINST COMMUNITY STANDARDS!
IT IS A CORE ON TOPIC SUBJECT POINT!

I have tried to get my prices as close to minimum wage as possible, but ‘bottled out’ when I got to £8 30p before Fiverr cut.

That is an average of 20 $ per 1 K of words.

(Current UK minimum is £8 20p an hour)

I am looking at my new gig prices and feel vaguely horrified now.

I find it hard to imagine being paid these amounts for something I love doing so much.

I will try it for a months trial, and see what happens…

NOTE FOR OVERZELOUS ADMIN

THIS IS NOT SELF PROMOTION

IT IS NOT AGAINST COMMUNITY STANDARDS!

IT IS A CORE ON TOPIC SUBJECT POINT!

Even more a reason why you should price your gigs properly. Not just for yourself but for other passionate writers, too, who are forced to work for minimum wage because that is considered the industry-standard if everyone is charging too little.

Also, I’m not sure if quotes are the way to go when it comes to your gig description. I would imagine that potential buyers are looking for writers who are able to string coherent sentences together. The gig description is a great opportunity for you to show that you’re able to do that.

Even more a reason why you should price your gigs properly. Not just for yourself but for other passionate writers, too, who are forced to work for minimum wage because that is considered the industry-standard if everyone is charging too little.

Also, I’m not sure if quotes are the way to go when it comes to your gig description. I would imagine that potential buyers are looking for writers who are able to string coherent sentences together. The gig description is a great opportunity for you to show that you’re able to do that.

All my intros need redoing (inc the gallery on each of them) It is on a to-do list, very near the top.

The quotes were a strictly temporary measure.

To replace the misguided super cheap offer…

Just in case you were at all wondering, tonight I have made a commitment to some friends to create a

A Provisional Statement of Business Partnership Intent

And although it is not strictly legally binding, it is important I get it right,

Tomorrow I will redo all the intros!

Promises First, Others first, What is right first, Me second!

Archived