My gig isn't showing on search and I can't contact a living being on the support

laura_pio

Hello all,

I’m new here and it’s been a while I’m trying to work. The problem is nobody can find me. I’ve made a few tests. For example, I typed “newborn retouch” (which is one of the tags I use in my gig) on the search bar and there are just 20 results, none of which is my gig.

I’ve also tried “portrait retouch” which is another tag I use in my gig. As thousands of results showed, I filtered the search and tried to sort by country. Bam! I wasn’t there.

The only search I was succesfull was “real estate retouch”. I found my gig after filtering the search by country.

Haven’t tried the other 2 tags my gig has (I have a total of 5).

The point is, out of 3, 2 didn’t work, not even a tag in a field that has only 20 results as in newborn retouch.

I’ve tried the support but there’s only automatic answers that don’t allow me to report my problem any further. It just says my search IS working and I should contact a “special support consultant” or something like that somewhere. And after looking exhaustively for it, couldn’t figure out where to look for help. And that’s why I’m here.

Note: I’m aware it can take a few hours for a gig to be showed after it’s created or edited but things remain the same anyway.

Why is it so difficult to simply post an ad that works on Fiverr?

There 1000s of seller here (seems to be in billions sometimes 😅Lol). Fiverr randomly shows new sellers too. Now the probability of appearing your gig in top 20 is almost 20/100000.

So don’t feel bad… Cause every is feeling it (me too).

A tip I could give to you is to rank up to lvl 1 seller.

And for that you have to be online for almost evreytime possible. (6+ hrs at least). That make sure that you are getting buyers requests.

You can also search many other tips to improve your gigs and how to get buyers request.

Here on fiverr, You have to reach to client. Forgot client will reach you! (Until at lest you are lvl 1 seller). So replying buyers request is the only choice (for now).

Hope best for you. 🤞

Hi Laura - welcome to the forum

I have no idea what newborn is - I thought it had something to do with babies until looking at your gig. Now I see it’s something to do with images. Obviously the algorithm does, too (just checked) … you might like to rethink that

Your gig title doesn’t include any of your tags. Neither does your description.

Personally, I’d take out the first paragraph - no one cares what you want, only what they want - and the “hours of business”. No one cares about that either.

Use your description to describe a) the work you do and with what (images,not tools) - right now, if I read your description, I’d have no idea; b) the problems you solve.

Put up more before and after images. Bear in mind you’ve over 100,000 competitors in that subcategory. You need to stand out … and right now you don’t.

There 1000s of seller here (seems to be in billions sometimes 😅Lol). Fiverr randomly shows new sellers too. Now the probability of appearing your gig in top 20 is almost 20/100000.

So don’t feel bad… Cause every is feeling it (me too).

A tip I could give to you is to rank up to lvl 1 seller.

And for that you have to be online for almost evreytime possible. (6+ hrs at least). That make sure that you are getting buyers requests.

You can also search many other tips to improve your gigs and how to get buyers request.

Here on fiverr, You have to reach to client. Forgot client will reach you! (Until at lest you are lvl 1 seller). So replying buyers request is the only choice (for now).

Hope best for you. 🤞

Now the probability of appearing your gig in top 20

I was not talking about having my gig appearing between the top 20. I was talking about my gig not appearing in the whole search at all as if it doesn’t exist, not even if I filter gigs by country.

But I get what you mean. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Hi Laura - welcome to the forum

I have no idea what newborn is - I thought it had something to do with babies until looking at your gig. Now I see it’s something to do with images. Obviously the algorithm does, too (just checked) … you might like to rethink that

Your gig title doesn’t include any of your tags. Neither does your description.

Personally, I’d take out the first paragraph - no one cares what you want, only what they want - and the “hours of business”. No one cares about that either.

Use your description to describe a) the work you do and with what (images,not tools) - right now, if I read your description, I’d have no idea; b) the problems you solve.

Put up more before and after images. Bear in mind you’ve over 100,000 competitors in that subcategory. You need to stand out … and right now you don’t.

Newborn IS about babies, pal. I edit pictures of babies and any other picture that comes. Don’t you know the word “retouch” either? There’s no problem at all with the algorithm; it’s going to show whatever I put as a tag and it does work with other sellers.

On the first paragraph I’m just introducing myself just so people don’t think they are talking to a robot or something like that. I’m new on the site and I found it nice for buyers to have an idea of who am I.

The operation hours are VERY important because I will not be able to answer anyone or work when it’s 1 a.m. in my country; I was just having a conversation about it on the other topic I created and someone adviced me to do that - which was something I already had on my mind but there wasn’t too much space (character limit) left.

About putting what I do on the description, I did have a big text explaining my work in rich details which took me a long time to write, but again the character limit screwed everything - so I just limit myself to say that I can edit (retouch, photo editing) pretty much anything that comes. Isn’t it clear enough? It thought it was…

“Put up more before and after images” - there’s only room for 3 pictures. Moreover, I’ve put the link to my whole portfolio with all the before/after pictures for buyers to see, and I put it in bold letters.

After saying all the above, I still don’t see any reason for my gig not showing in any search, not even a filtered search which shows only 20 results with the same tag I use and even so, my gig isn’t there because apparently Laura Pio from Brazil has never been on Fiverr.

But thanks for trying to help anyway.

Archived