Buyer did not want to pay for additional service requested

ades_jopia

I requested a delivery extension and the buyer accepted it. However, she wanted me to add more on the service which is not within its scope in exchange. I made an offer but she refused to pay. I wanted to cancel but she declined. There is no problem for me completing the initial order but looks like whatever I do, this would just result to a negative rating. A bit unfair on my opinion. Please help. I tried contacting support but already a lot of days have passed but no resolution yet.

For your consideration:

I am in a dispute with a buyer because all though I delivered the content on time and the prepper word count that they paid for, I didn’t fill in the template that they sent, and had to adjust the number of words per paragraph to accommodate extra sections. They requested a quote for this: Home = 300 About us is 250 Products 150 each= 900 Business opportunity=300 Blog=1000 Total=2750 words So I wrote the order for “up to 2800 words” total. They accepted the offer, then sent me a page of r…

Remember that if you cancel, you also don’t get paid.

I requested a delivery extension and the buyer accepted it. However, she wanted me to add more on the service which is not within its scope in exchange. I made an offer but she refused to pay. I wanted to cancel but she declined. There is no problem for me completing the initial order but looks like whatever I do, this would just result to a negative rating. A bit unfair on my opinion. Please help. I tried contacting support but already a lot of days have passed but no resolution yet.

I requested a delivery extension and the buyer accepted it.

I wanted to cancel but she declined.

Why did you extend the deadline on an order you were going to cancel?

There is no problem for me completing the initial order but looks like whatever I do, this would just result to a negative rating.

You cannot cancel an order just to avoid a bad rating. This is against Fiverr’s rules. You extended the order… Complete the order according to the terms your buyer hired you under, and then move on to the next order. The buyer can review the order however she wishes – good, or bad. As long as you deliver(ed) what was ordered, then you would have done nothing wrong.

I tried contacting support but already a lot of days have passed but no resolution yet.

Fiverr is not going to cancel the order just so you can avoid a bad review. You will need to work these issues out with your buyer… and I’m fairly certain Fiverr CS will tell you the same thing.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

186966_2.png jonbaas:

Fiverr is not going to cancel the order just so you can avoid a bad review. You will need to work these issues out with your buyer… and I’m fairly certain Fiverr CS will tell you the same thing.

I understand. But this is like I have to add more services without my notice for free.

I requested a delivery extension and the buyer accepted it.

I wanted to cancel but she declined.

There is no problem for me completing the initial order but looks like whatever I do, this would just result to a negative rating.

You cannot cancel an order just to avoid a bad rating. This is against Fiverr’s rules. You extended the order… Complete the order according to the terms your buyer hired you under, and then move on to the next order. The buyer can review the order however she wishes – good, or bad. As long as you deliver(ed) what was ordered, then you would have done nothing wrong.

I tried contacting support but already a lot of days have passed but no resolution yet.

This is because of higher order queue than usual and I needed more time. The buyer agreed to it.But now she wanted me to add more on the delivery as an “exchange” for the extended time which she already accepted before telling me what to exchange it with. This by the way she wanted free.

For your consideration:

I am in a dispute with a buyer because all though I delivered the content on time and the prepper word count that they paid for, I didn’t fill in the template that they sent, and had to adjust the number of words per paragraph to accommodate extra sections. They requested a quote for this: Home = 300 About us is 250 Products 150 each= 900 Business opportunity=300 Blog=1000 Total=2750 words So I wrote the order for “up to 2800 words” total. They accepted the offer, then sent me a page of r…

Remember that if you cancel, you also don’t get paid.

For your consideration:

Thank you for that @imagination7413. Honestly, not being payed on this order is okay for me if cancelled. My real concern is having a negative review that could affect my future orders.

186966_2.png jonbaas:

I understand. But this is like I have to add more services without my notice for free.

But this is like I have to add more services without my notice for free.

No, you don’t. Say “no” and let your “no” be “no”.

she wanted me to add more on the delivery as an “exchange” for the extended time which she already accepted before telling me what to exchange it with

Like I said… just say “no”. The buyer is not entitled to work she didn’t pay for. Either deliver what she ordered, and move on to the next order, or work out a mutual agreement with the buyer. Trying to cancel an order, just because you don’t want a negative review, is against Fiverr’s rules.

For your consideration:

Thank you for that @imagination7413. Honestly, not being payed on this order is okay for me if cancelled. My real concern is having a negative review that could affect my future orders.

My real concern is having a negative review that could affect my future orders.

Cancellation may affect your account too. if order completion rate goes under 90%, you will be demoted to the previous level.

Archived