Advice from a 500+ Buyer

timmbbo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you provide more details about the release rights?

#9) Make sure you understand the release rights. When someone creates an image, video, or sound file, do they still own copyrights to it, and are just licensing it to you, or do you own it? - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/24238/advice-from-a-500-buyer#sthash.aSrTPWiO.dpuf

Do sellers get to tell the buyers not to use the images or is this a mutual agreement?

Is there some formal written policy on how this should work at fiverr?

kelbymoore said: Do sellers get to tell the buyers not to use the images or is this a mutual agreement?

Unless specified by the Seller... YOU own whatever you buy. It's yours.

Some Sellers say right in the description what their policy is. It is always best to ask the Seller before you buy.

Quote from the current FIverr ToS, "Ownership and limitations: unless clearly stated otherwise in the Gig description text, when the work is delivered, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein."

More.... http://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Good luck! :)

I wish I had received a gig from you instead of the last buyer I had who is trying to con me.

I am about to have my ratings obliterated by someone who wanted to cheat on an exam and now wants to cheat me.

I love your post, it made me smile.

Very Important… if you want more Sales: RESPOND to Buyer pre-purchase inquiries!

I constantly see Sellers “spamming” the Forum with: “How can I get more buyers?” and “How can I promote my gigs?” and "I’m new; no sales; please help!“

When I first arrived (as a soon-to-be BIG Buyer - there will be no gigs of my own), I contacted many Sellers, wanting to BUY THEIR GIGS, but needing a bit of extra information, first.

Out of over 50 Sellers… (I did say BIG Buyer, right?)… :”> …

…I was shocked (and still am!) to see that a full dozen Sellers (over 20%!) NEVER replied to my “I want to BUY your Gig” message. 😮

And before you try the usual excuses, remember that this is Robert-The-Kindhearted-Buyer talking:

-I sent THREE messages to each Seller, giving them 3 chances!

-I sent them on different days of the week

-I sent them at different times of the day (defeating the usual “I’m in a different timezone” excuse!)

-I even REWROTE my messages, so they were THREE different sizes (since Inbox spam-block will often block a large email, but let a small one through)

Yes, I gave them EVERY chance to increase their Gig Purchases… and yet…

TWENTY PERCENT! No response. 😮

And yes, these are all ACTIVE Sellers… I can still see their Gigs listed in their profiles today!

😮 😮

Robert, the Kind-hearted Buyer

O:-)

I am seller on fiverr. Regarding the tip#2 , I really do prefer that buyers do contact me first regarding there issues and how they want to resolve it, because I don’t want to get in to bad relationship with them. They order a gig and I am not available at that time or may be sometimes I don’t have answer to there request I can let them know straight ahead which saves my and their time. Because I am not a perfect machine, I am a human there will be things that I can’t resolve so asking before placing order in my view does save me and my customer a headache 🙂

Reply to @regency85: May I take this opportunity to help you out with the lack of sellers willing to work for you, to inform you of my availability.

The time difference issue usually shouldn’t leave too much of a delay and even after the delay, it is still good manners to reply.

I have only missed out on one gig because I was late in replying. The gig was Canadian and I’m in the UK. Because of my ingrained manners and etiquette, I actually ended up being paid for 1 gig, even though I had not won the big contract of gigs the buyer was looking for. It has even been published on a really professional site.

The lack of manners with some is profound but that simply makes the people with manners around here stand out, which can only be a good thing.

As I say, I have manners and etiquette but the cheek of the Devil, so I hope you don’t mind.

Regards,

Emma.

Reply to @cariad: Okay! To all the IDIOTS who spam this Forum with one-liner comments that essentially say: “Pick me! Pick me! Buy my Gig!”…

…here is the CLASSY way to "introduce yourself to a Big Buyer:

> May I take this opportunity to help you out with the lack of sellers willing to work for you, to inform you of my availability.

=D>

(You can just HEAR the “Queen’s English” upper-crust accent, dripping from the sentence above!) 🙂

By the way, Cariad, I had already checked out your profile some time ago, when I first encountered your highly-intelligent commentary, here on the Forum.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no Gig that fits my business’s needs, at this time. :((

> I have only missed out on one gig because I was late in replying. The gig was Canadian…

(Uh oh… please nobody tell Cariad, I’m Canadian… shhhhhhh…) 😊

> The lack of manners with some is profound but that simply makes the people with manners around here stand out, which can only be a good thing.

Here! Here!

> As I say, I have manners and etiquette but the cheek of the Devil…

Remind me never to meet you in a dark alley… :-S

Robert

Archived