Advice from a 500+ Buyer

timmbbo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, Timmbbo!

That is so wonderful that you’ve been such a great supporter of the Fiverr community! 😃 However, I must respectfully disagree with your number 1 comment. Here at Easy Media, we have and will again, produce full production commercials for Fiverr buyers.

I also know a Fiverr writer who will write an expert level article. His Fiverr username is SFWRITER and he truly goes above and beyond by not only conducting in depth research, but also delivering well above the word count paid for. In fact, he’s been doing so well and delivering such a great product that he was recently able to raise his price a bit (Not a great thing for buyers, but a testament to his quality).

Thanks for being a great Fiverr supporter!

-Tim @ Easy Media

Great post! The #2 is VERY important. We, sellers, do not have a crystal ball 🙂

Do not be afraid of asking before.

#6 is also very important. I have had 88 delivered orders so far, and in 20 of them I did not received a feedback, even asking for it.

Good post, it is wonderful to know that buyers like you are on Fiverr. Though am new here and have not sold any Gig at all but with this post and it’s point, i know there are wonderful buyers here. Looking forward to receive orders from any of you.

I find that new illustrators start out fresh and creative; however after a point they start to to reuse old pictures with a few changes and then they up their price. One illustration as one gig gives the new seller a lot of ammo to raise prices after twenty pictures. One gig of twenty pictures is a project, and keeps the buyer in charge of the project and quality. Beware of promoting your seller until the project is completed.

Guest strokelogocomp

It was really a great post i have ever seen here. Btw, i have never seen such a emotionally and loyal buyer in my entire life who thought about seller first before placing an order. I sae many buyer who asked me for bonus and extra work and i did in just 5$. Sometime buyer message me with deliver me work and then you will get tip as well but after deliver work i only wait for tip. It’s disgusting. Ya it’s really on fiverr there is lot’s of user who created account from different country but they really based in some other country.

Check out my gigs. I am new on fiverr with great talent. Anyone looking for graphic designing work just drop me a message please.

this might be off topic, but I am a buyer. in the middle of a 2 week gig, seller starts to insult me. I notified fiverr that I am cancelling my 2nd week. since when do buyers have the idea that they can bully sellers ?

also he tells me not to reorder. I wd not send me * enemy * to reorder. gave a 1 star review for any buyer to stay away unless they enjoy getting insulted. if fiverr monitoring sellers for the insulting communication to sellers ? ty for letting me post my frustrations.

• 2 weeks later...

You are bang on !

every buyer should learn from you

great points you highlighted posting again

• no matter what you read, stay realistic. After Fiverr takes its cut, the seller has a small amount of money (time) to work with.

• Ask questions before ordering. Want to irritate a seller? Buy the gig first, and then ask all of the pertinent questions after.

• Provide an opportunity to rectify. These sellers live and die on their feedback, so be sensitive to that.

*If a seller didn’t deliver as promised, clearly state the issue

*Don’t leave negative feedback as part of an emotional reaction.

*It’s your job to compose the recipe, and then then sous-chef actually crafts the product from the recipe you specified.

*Leave feedback promptly. For good feedback, it’s like applause to a musician.

*Don’t cancel - it hurts their ratio.

these are just must have things …

Archived