Advice from a 500+ Buyer

timmbbo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I bought a promotion for free ebook distribution, FB based, had this experience, which makes me wonder what exactly I paid for.

I make a book thumbnail, some marketing copy, and the link with the call to action–click here to download your free ebook.

The click takes you to a blog post, where the book can be downloaded from Amazon, Nook, iTunes, Google Play, Smashwords.

So this happens:

5500 clicks on the link (tracked with google URL shortener)

3300 hits on the web page

0 outgoing links to download free ebooks

0 free ebooks sold (from what I can tell; my graphs are all flat everywhere)

It seems clear to me that those 5500 clicks weren’t human beings clicking on links for a free ebook, but some kind of bot-net or… I don’t know what. But basically, 3300 people don’t click on a link to get a free ebook, and then not click one more time to get the free ebook.

That isn’t a thing.

anybody know what’s up?

I"ve read that what I need to do is post a scathing review, and I’ll get my money back. Honestly, it’s five bucks. What the hell did I expect?

I’ve also read that the positive reviews here may all simply be vendors buying each others products and giving each other good reviews. So they don’t mean anything. Which makes total sense if you think about it. No matter what, Fiver takes their cut.

Guest hedayetsajid

FANTASTIC post! i am new on Fiverr but i am Expert in Responsive Template Design , Email marketg and inSocial media marketing (Facebook,twitter,youtube,google plus etc)

@timmbbo Thanks so much for your precious contribution with your trustful testimonial. And thanks to all the people who gave their testimonials too.

I wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas, and I’d like to give you some joy from this Christmas babies: http://■■■■■■/Krnjxj

Enjoy, it made my day, and made me make the promise to always be happy as those children always be, and always make us be, so even in tough moments they will be my angels!

All the best!

Reply to @ejayoc: Hi ejayoc, from my experience website views are one of the most easy thing to fake. There are plenty of software/bots that with a couple of public proxies can make this job done, by your home pc too. Take care of the referer of each hit in your site. Hope you have a good web site counter doing this job. ■■■■■■ shortner doesn’t give you this info. You’ll see very unreliable data. Always the same footprint maybe. Justified by the provider by a need for tracking… If the provider does this in a more professional way, she will have a server with all the power to send million fake visits per day.

Traffic IMHO needs to be organic and real: it is better a promotion on social networks, or some good offpage SEO. And don’t even trust link view/like exchange programs, FB or big G knows very well the IP addresses and all the other footprints the visitors leave behind, and have got the money to monitor them and fight them, in order to protect their money, they are not joking.

All the best dear @ejayoc, I wish you a Merry Christmas, sending you a little Christmas gift: watch these lovely babies and you will find full pf happiness and joy http://■■■■■■/Krnjxj

PS: I am not a Fiverr seller, so this is my honest opinion.

Timmbbo hit it on the head. As a US based article and blog writer, those who mask their identity with American and Canadian flags just make me look all the better. I don’t use a lot of flashing marketing tools, I let my work speak for itself. I’m also close to the 500 mark of sales in 2.5 years with Fiverr and it has helped me branch out and more importantly hone my skills as an article/blog writer. Nice well thought out post! Dave

This is a comprehensive and very informative post,as a prolific web-contents,viral blog post,sport, fitness,Real Estate, automobile writer just name the topic!I have experience some of these facts and I think majority buyers that indulge or belief in miracles are those looking for extremely cheap sellers with an Expert delivery. Most of the orders I cancelled was largely due to buyers ordering my gigs without understanding it.

Archived