POLL: IF a seller has copied a gig description and/or image from another seller, BAN THEM

poll  

137 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Sellers who copy another seller’s gig should be banned
    • Sellers who copy another sellers gig should NOT be banned

Any seller who copies either the description or image from someone else’s gig should be banned. They do not have the ability to either make their own gigs, or to know how fiverr works.

I’m not sure why fiverr keeps sellers who copy other people’s gigs. Shouldn’t they be banned? They aren’t going to be good sellers.

I came to this conclusion since it’s much too common an occurance.

• Sellers who copy another seller’s gig should be banned
  • Sellers who copy another sellers gig should NOT be banned

0voters

@misscrystal

I can not choose any option for vote.

image.png.1842d0b7580369b5438095193cb0560c.png

Because you have given only two options directly.

1.Banned 2. Not be banned

I disagree with this options because everybody should have a chance to correction their mistake. And also can not guaranty them that no scammers is belonging with them.

Fiverr is removing and warning on copyrighted gigs.

After multiple warning automatically they become ban. I think this system is working correctly and it is perfect.

They do not have the ability to either make their own gigs, or to know how fiverr works.

Absolutely I agree with you. They have not ability to make their own gigs.

But it is not proved that they will not be able to make their own gig ever. They must need to learn more about work. In future they will become good seller after learning ( but very few scammers will remain forever among both seller and buyer).

Every body goes through learning process.

They aren’t going to be good sellers.

I think that after learning (how to work on fiverr), most of sellers will be a good seller. And few scammers will be banned for copyright continuously.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@misscrystal

I can not choose any option for vote.

Because you have given only two options directly.

1.Banned 2. Not be banned

I disagree with this options because everybody should have a chance to correction their mistake. And also can not guaranty them that no scammers is belonging with them.

Fiverr is removing and warning on copyrighted gigs.

After multiple warning automatically they become ban. I think this system is working correctly and it is perfect.

They do not have the ability to either make their own gigs, or to know how fiverr works.

Absolutely I agree with you. They have not ability to make their own gigs.

But it is not proved that they will not be able to make their own gig ever. They must need to learn more about work. In future they will become good seller after learning ( but very few scammers will remain forever among both seller and buyer).

Every body goes through learning process.

They aren’t going to be good sellers.

I think that after learning (how to work on fiverr), most of sellers will be a good seller. And few scammers will be banned for copyright continuously.

I disagree with this options because everybody should have a chance to correction their mistake.

So then you don’t think they should be banned.

How would you feel if you saw someone had copied your entire gig description and your images exactly?

I disagree with this options because everybody should have a chance to correction their mistake.

How would you feel if you saw someone had copied your entire gig description and your images exactly?

I want said that they (those who is doing copy paste) should receive warning about their copyrighted content ( Also will be remove copyrighted content).

If they repeat their copyright process after warning, then I am agree to ban them.

I’m totally agree with hk_wordpress .Some beginners are not able to create their own content or they have no idea how to write a attractive and more selling content. So as they move further and learn something they could improve their gigs.
On another hand it is also bad to copy continuously another seller content.
misscrystal We should always welcome the new sellers who are just trying to establish their business on fiverr .No anyone is perfect in this world.Everyone learns something from others.Some people can improve themselves only by looking others whereas some are not much smart.
So we should open our Arm always for the learners 😉
It is also not a bad thing if someone is trying to learn something from your gigs. It’s means you are PRO and you have something and the other people wants to learn it from you

I also wanted to clarify that I mean only to ban a seller when it’s very obvious which seller copied the other. For example if a seller has 1200 reviews on their gig and the other copy seller has 0 reviews, it’s obvious who copied who.

You’d hope that, but I fear I’m not so sure there, a seller who had copied my bio, for example, at that time had an older account than me, more gigs (or rather duplicate gigs, but well, I think that was the least of all of the issues that account had) with more reviews …

I voted yes, but would also add that it should be done carefully. In many cases, it probably will be clear, but it shouldn’t be done indiscriminately, not with a shoot now ask later approach, and not only based on account seniority, for example, not everyone with an older account automatically is an honest person, or no copycat.

“Wrong positives” might be few here, but imagine being banned for copying someone, when in fact they copied you.

You’d hope that, but I fear I’m not so sure there, a seller who had copied my bio, for example, at that time had an older account than me, more gigs (or rather duplicate gigs, but well, I think that was the least of all of the issues that account had) with more reviews …

I voted yes, but would also add that it should be done carefully. In many cases, it probably will be clear, but it shouldn’t be done indiscriminately, not with a shoot now ask later approach, and not only based on account seniority, for example, not everyone with an older account automatically is an honest person, or no copycat.

“Wrong positives” might be few here, but imagine being banned for copying someone, when in fact they copied you.

a seller who had copied my bio, for example, at that time had an older account than me

So how did you prove to customer support it was actually your bio and was copied?

It’s always been a new seller without any reviews when it’s happened to me.

I want said that they (those who is doing copy paste) should receive warning about their copyrighted content ( Also will be remove copyrighted content).

If they repeat their copyright process after warning, then I am agree to ban them.

I want said that they ( copywriters) should receive warning about their copyrighted content

That’s not what the word copywriter means.

1546502953_Screenshot_2020-07-13DefinitionofCOPYWRITER.png.bf5e8806961e56aee82b9d6baa859b8a.png

I know that there are a lot of people claiming to be copywriters and offering to copy and paste, but that’s because their English is really bad and because they have no idea what a copywriter is.

We should always welcome the new sellers who are just trying to establish their business on fiverr .

Why welcoming those who steal from other sellers? I understand that their English could be awful and that they have no idea how to write a coherent sentence, let alone a gig description, but it doesn’t mean that stealing from other sellers should be tolerated.

Everyone learns something from others

True, but why would anyone need to come to Fiverr to learn that stealing from others is wrong? I mean… Don’t parents teach their children that they shouldn’t steal (unless those parents are just as dishonest, of course)?

a seller who had copied my bio, for example, at that time had an older account than me

So how did you prove to customer support it was actually your bio and was copied?

It’s always been a new seller without any reviews when it’s happened to me.

I couldn’t prove it, I changed my bio, because I couldn’t stand that this copycat and more (long story) had mine on display … they then added 2 words of their own to “their” bio, however … which - as my bio had been carefully crafted to make full use of the character limit - led to “their” bio’s last sentence before those randomly added 2 words of theirs being randomly cut off 🙂 A small consolation, but a consolation nonetheless.

I messaged one person who had copied my gig and she was outraged that I had the nerve to tell her not to copy my gig. She said I should help new sellers to get started and not be so selfish. It was my duty to let new sellers copy me so they too could make money here.

So with that line of reasoning she could go around robbing banks because they should help her.

I messaged one person who had copied my gig and she was outraged that I had the nerve to tell her not to copy my gig. She said I should help new sellers to get started and not be so selfish. It was my duty to let new sellers copy me so they too could make money here.

So with that line of reasoning she could go around robbing banks because they should help her.

Yeah, people here regularly post that you should pm sellers who copy you instead of reporting it, but I wouldn’t recommend it, if you’ve already been blatantly copied, maybe also lost business to the copycat (maybe we should find another word, it makes it seem cute ;)), why should you waste your time and nerves on communicating with them, even have them berate you.

From my own observations back when I was fairly new, they don’t only know exactly what they are doing but also tend to not play by the rules in other ways, have gig multiples, multiple accounts, lie about different things and thereby scam buyers, …

Yeah, people here regularly post that you should pm sellers who copy you instead of reporting it, but I wouldn’t recommend it, if you’ve already been blatantly copied, maybe also lost business to the copycat (maybe we should find another word, it makes it seem cute ;)), why should you waste your time and nerves on communicating with them, even have them berate you.

From my own observations back when I was fairly new, they don’t only know exactly what they are doing but also tend to not play by the rules in other ways, have gig multiples, multiple accounts, lie about different things and thereby scam buyers, …

And Fiverr would be much better without them.

What happens to that gig/seller, if you ban it?

If a seller is banned his account is gone. He is no longer on fiverr.

Yes, if the ban comes from CS’s end, seller must get out of the platform. I thought the ban meant “block/report” by that seller who the content copied from.

However, I don’t think fiverr will implement this step, since it’s difficult to identify the duplicate one. But, if there is clear identification mark, like you mentioned, that seller who copied your gig images, has still your name on his gig. In this case CS can decide on who is the duplicator. In this case fiverr may impose the ban

copycat (maybe we should find another word, it makes it seem cute ;))

Like identity theft, or a clone, but they’re copying your work, not you, kinda.

…impostor, imitator, recolor, re-skin, fraud, thief, forger…

Gig-forger?

copycat (maybe we should find another word, it makes it seem cute ;))

Like identity theft, or a clone, but they’re copying your work, not you, kinda.

…impostor, imitator, recolor, re-skin, fraud, thief, forger…

Gig-forger?

Not bad, and showcases the issue more from buyer POV, too, after all, it’s not just us mean sellers who spend time and grey matter on concocting our gigs and inexplicably don’t want other people to simply copy them, but on the other side there are buyers who buy the forged gigs, trusting that the person they buy from is the person who came up with that gig, wrote the description, and can actually do what the gig promises, too.

I’m totally agree with hk_wordpress .Some beginners are not able to create their own content or they have no idea how to write a attractive and more selling content. So as they move further and learn something they could improve their gigs.

On another hand it is also bad to copy continuously another seller content.

misscrystal We should always welcome the new sellers who are just trying to establish their business on fiverr .No anyone is perfect in this world.Everyone learns something from others.Some people can improve themselves only by looking others whereas some are not much smart.

So we should open our Arm always for the learners 😉

It is also not a bad thing if someone is trying to learn something from your gigs. It’s means you are PRO and you have something and the other people wants to learn it from you

I wouldn’t call stealing “learning”. If people steal the description, image and bio, that’s laziness and a way for them to earn a quick buck based on an established seller here. I reported multiple people that copy/pasted my gig info, some even used my picture. Seriously, that’s learning?

From my side,

They should not be banned, but they MUST receive Warning before banning their account.

After, if they do again or don’t change the description and image or whatsoever within limited time.Then their account should be banned.

They should not be banned, but they MUST receive Warning before banning their account.

If I walk into my supermarket and leave without paying for my groceries, I don’t get a warning not to do it again. I have to pay for what I have stolen and could go to jail.

Why do Fiverr sellers get a free pass?

They must need to learn more about work.

In future they will become good seller after learning

The people you are talking about shouldn’t even be on Fiverr to start with.

If you get a job, steal from the till, and prove that you are grossly incapable of performing to the most minimum standard you get fired. - End of.

By totally agreeing, you are only demonstrating that you and @hk_wordpress have zero respect for people who get ahead without resorting to fraud or theft.

The simple fact is that stealing a gig description is not something you do by accident. If you have the brains to look up who is selling well in your category and copy and paste their description, you are not someone who needs sympathy. You are just a 💩 human. ,

Maybe they could put the copier’s gigs at the back where no one sees them. That would be just as effective.

Maybe they could put the copier’s gigs at the back where no one sees them.

LOL. When my gigs were last sent to the back, there was a guy using my gig description with a rising talent badge on page 1. There are still several gigs using my gig images that appear higher in the search than my own.

Banning people is the only way.

I have kept a “liked” list of my gig copies and never see them get any sales. I know that I have told CS about them and they may have been removed and put back.
It doesn’t seem like there is any solution aside from banning.

I know there are a dozen copies of my gigs right now probably. I’ve never seen one make a sale.

It’d depend on the extent. If the same stock picture or a graphic template that is used for presentation purposes, I’d say it’s fine and even may be accidental.

If the person takes their time to copy everything (the description, all the gallery images, all the package contents, the userpic), they should be banned. It’s just unsettling.

The problem is how do you prove who copied first.

Also in case of partial copy it becomes difficult. They pick out 2 to 3 lines and paste them alone.

I do it with number of reviews. I have a lot. The copies have no reviews.

Yes I’ve seen that they change two sentences but the rest is still mine. I get those removed.

It’s a huge problem. I don’t feel these people need to stay on the site as they are not able to function basically. And they cannot deliver what the original seller can anyway.

It’s a huge problem. I don’t feel these people need to stay on the site as they are not able to function basically. And they cannot deliver what the original seller can anyway.

I totally agree with this. I had one of my descriptions copied from someone who was trying to sell the exactly same services that I’m selling. The problem was that the seller was from other country and he was not even able to speak the language.

I find out that this was happening because he was managing two different accounts: with one he was asking quotations and being very demanding about prices with me. With the other one he was simply trying to resell my services. I found out because one day he made a mistake and sent me the exactly same template asking a quotation with the wrong account and the usernames were very similar. The GIG image had a picture of a woman, but the username was male.

Theft isn’t a mistake. No one says, “Whoops! This product somehow ended up tucked under my shirt right before I walked out of the store without paying.”

Anyone who thinks that stealing someone else’s content is okay can’t possibly conduct business in an ethical manner. Nothing would improve Fiverr’s reputation more than actually taking decisive action against all the scammers and theives here. Ban them.

How are they able to copy my gig images? Fiverr blocks images that are on the internet as being not original but allows copies of other people’s gig images in new gigs.

How are they able to copy my gig images?

It’s easy. You just harness the awesome power of the Print Screen key.

Archived