POLL: IF a seller has copied a gig description and/or image from another seller, BAN THEM

poll  

137 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Sellers who copy another seller’s gig should be banned
    • Sellers who copy another sellers gig should NOT be banned

Any seller who copies either the description or image from someone else’s gig should be banned. They do not have the ability to either make their own gigs, or to know how fiverr works.

I’m not sure why fiverr keeps sellers who copy other people’s gigs. Shouldn’t they be banned? They aren’t going to be good sellers.

I came to this conclusion since it’s much too common an occurance.

• Sellers who copy another seller’s gig should be banned
  • Sellers who copy another sellers gig should NOT be banned

0voters

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if such seller gets banned they should be carefully banned because recently one of my friend gig was removed with one warning because he used designs from canva another seller reported him for copy but actually my friend didn’t he did that design coincidentally reported seller design was similar. i mean your suggestion is good but if this suggestion if implemented it should be carefully implemented because it is very difficult to see who copied …

if such seller gets banned they should be carefully banned because recently one of my friend gig was removed with one warning because he used designs from canva another seller reported him for copy but actually my friend didn’t he did that design coincidentally reported seller design was similar. i mean your suggestion is good but if this suggestion if implemented it should be carefully implemented because it is very difficult to see who copied …

You misunderstand. I am talking about copying someone else’s gig image or description. There would be no mistaking the fact it was an exact copy.

These sellers remove the gig then put it back the same way.

image.png.190ad99ca41677cbfb566f28aa942133.png

This is reply I got after discovering new seller in LOGO section on first page with RISING TALENT badge with entire portfolio stolen from graphic design college submission. Basic google image search gave me results of true creators of logo images. It has been three days, that GIG is still there, even after my report.

If one Seller will copy other sellers gig information. They can’t give the perfect delivery with the match with gig information. Now I want to tell all the sellers please create your gig by your own. Don’t Copy others! I know they are more successful than others, who create their gigs of their own. Thank you,
@misscrystal

This is reply I got after discovering new seller in LOGO section on first page with RISING TALENT badge with entire portfolio stolen from graphic design college submission. Basic google image search gave me results of true creators of logo images. It has been three days, that GIG is still there, even after my report.

It has been three days, that GIG is still there, even after my report.

I don’t know what’s happening with fiverr support right now, but I’ve been reporting the same people that they are promoting for 4 months with their complete portfolios stolen from the internet and they are still up there being promoted. 4 frea*ing months and multiple reports. :woman_shrugging: Still there, still being promoted.

I have had another seller who copies exactly my gig descriptions every time I update new content so much so that I have to keep changing mine again.

The problem is how do you prove who copied first.

Also in case of partial copy it becomes difficult. They pick out 2 to 3 lines and paste them alone.

If fiverr has gig edit history timeline it may be possible to see who copied from whom.

But again my doubt is anyone can use these words it may be coincidence in some cases. But in my case the exact line is copied and pasted.

I have had another seller who copies exactly my gig descriptions every time I update new content so much so that I have to keep changing mine again.

Also in case of partial copy it becomes difficult. They pick out 2 to 3 lines and paste them alone.

If fiverr has gig edit history timeline it may be possible to see who copied from whom.

But again my doubt is anyone can use these words it may be coincidence in some cases. But in my case the exact line is copied and pasted.

I do it with number of reviews. I have a lot. The copies have no reviews.

Yes I’ve seen that they change two sentences but the rest is still mine. I get those removed.

It’s a huge problem. I don’t feel these people need to stay on the site as they are not able to function basically. And they cannot deliver what the original seller can anyway.

I do it with number of reviews. I have a lot. The copies have no reviews.

Yes I’ve seen that they change two sentences but the rest is still mine. I get those removed.

It’s a huge problem. I don’t feel these people need to stay on the site as they are not able to function basically. And they cannot deliver what the original seller can anyway.

Has CS taken action after you reported them? like what they did to those sellers?

In my case unfortunately the seller has more reviews not a newbie but still does lot of copying from my gigs that I can’t keep an unique description.

Has CS taken action after you reported them? like what they did to those sellers?

In my case unfortunately the seller has more reviews not a newbie but still does lot of copying from my gigs that I can’t keep an unique description.

Are you saying he has more reviews on your copied gig that you do?

Are you saying he has more reviews on your copied gig that you do?

Yes he does have more reviews. Again its not an entire copy but every time I update my gig he copies those lines and puts him in his. To my shock I find those exact lines not even a single word changes but then he has his own description as well.

Yes he does have more reviews. Again its not an entire copy but every time I update my gig he copies those lines and puts him in his. To my shock I find those exact lines not even a single word changes but then he has his own description as well.

If he has more reviews than you do then not much you can do about it probably.

If he has more reviews than you do then not much you can do about it probably.

For such cases, I think ban may be harsh. Fiverr can introduce heavy fines which would keep everyone on their toes. Honestly I feel fines can be introduced as sometimes mistakes can happen.

For such cases, I think ban may be harsh. Fiverr can introduce heavy fines which would keep everyone on their toes. Honestly I feel fines can be introduced as sometimes mistakes can happen.

sometimes mistakes can happen.

I’m not talking about mistakes. I’m talking about the gig being copied and pasted exactly as a duplicate. Sometimes the image too is copied.

I have seen my gig next to the copied gig in the search at times. Side by side. I doubt it’s an innocent mistake.

I feel fines can be introduced

That’s not a bad idea also although they never make sales usually so how would they pay?

It’s not good copy others sellers gigs information. Every seller should use their own gigs. if any seller want sell his gigs, they must create own gigs not others sellers gigs copy. if you should use others sellers gigs on your account must BAN you today or another day.

From my side,
They should not be banned, but they MUST receive Warning before banning their account.
After, if they do again or don’t change the description and image or whatsoever within limited time.Then their account should be banned.

They are showing they have not even the ability to make their own gig. So how are they going to be able to even sell anything or do anything at all? How can they deliver a service? They have proven beyond any doubt they cannot be sellers and if they somehow by some miracle manage to get a sale from some unfortunate buyer they will not be able to fulfill it.

The simplest thing to do to show you are not a complete idiot here is make a gig.

One such person who copied my gig titled it “Miss Crystal’s Love Spell” ! Another such brilliant person copied my gig image but kept my own name on the image.

What if someone actually did purchase that? What about them?

They are showing they have not even the ability to make their own gig. So how are they going to be able to even sell anything or do anything at all? How can they deliver a service? They have proven beyond any doubt they cannot be sellers and if they somehow by some miracle manage to get a sale from some unfortunate buyer they will not be able to fulfill it.

The simplest thing to do to show you are not a complete idiot here is make a gig.

One such person who copied my gig titled it “Miss Crystal’s Love Spell” ! Another such brilliant person copied my gig image but kept my own name on the image.

Again, they may be good in providing service in their respective field but may lack the skills to create unique gig and even may copy to just improve upon. So we cannot say they won’t make sales as I said in my case the seller has good amount of reviews. They can copy at any point not only new sellers. Again this is very subjective topic which is why its difficult to judge. But if the gig is entirely copied as you said they can be reported.

Again they can be fined (for example fiverr can make it mandatory to sign up with a card so they can charge if account has no balance ) If they make no sales it’s never going to matter. Honestly I feel fines or penalty should be there for any violation before ban is done. After fine you do again you get banned.

These are extreme cases of copying and intolerable.

Archived