Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

I’m still clueless on how to approach unknown people to say something about my products.

How do you approach people who are not your close people?

It’s not really a matter of approaching them directly. It is an issue of finding wasy to interact and connect with them on a common interests level. For example, I have my own line of apparel. I don’t go find people, send them spammy messages and say, “buy my shirts”. No, on a connection level, I find a way to interact with people who wear the kind of apparel I sell, I participate with them, I become known to them, and then those connections – if built effectively – lead to people who understand me and what I do/sell, and then WANT to purchase my apparel.

That isn’t to say I haven’t put out less personal ads for my apparel, but I do heavily target those ads, so that the people that I know love what I do, are the people seeing what I have to offer.

You can’t make people buy things – or hire you here on Fiverr – but you can give then reasons to want to purchase products or hire you. It’s always about connecting to the people who make their own decisions, and then finding creative, helpful, and effective ways of becoming the decision they need/want to make.

I participate with them, I become known to them

That’s a key point. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Like 15

I think selling to unknown people is harder than “close” people.

I know, that’s why I’m on Fiverr.

The people who don’t know you, won’t trust you too.

They will or they don’t have too (it’s up to them) after they get the result, building trust from basic and growing.

I know, that’s why I’m on Fiverr.

It seems like you no longer have a profile on Fiverr, though?

(Apologies to @jonbaas for the off-topic, but it does seem strange when someone comments so much about what they’re trying to do without having a profile with which to do it).

• Like 15

Thanks but nothing really new here. There’re couple other key dynamics of the system that you may or may not have control over. Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time.
Applying all the"tips and tricks" offer no guarantees. What works for a Seller may completely fail another Seller. So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

• Like 14

Thanks but nothing really new here. There’re couple other key dynamics of the system that you may or may not have control over. Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time.

Applying all the"tips and tricks" offer no guarantees. What works for a Seller may completely fail another Seller. So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

Thanks but nothing really new here.

I do not think @jonbaas intended to disseminate new information on the topic of how to get orders. I believe he was creating a post that answers the often-repeated question of, “How do I get orders?” or, “Kindly experts, share your tips and tricks to get orders.”

This question was/is asked daily by sellers who seem too lazy or uninformed to search for the topic themselves by using the search feature. I have now bookmarked Jon’s post and have/will use it as the answer to these questions in the future for it saves me much time and answers the questions for the influx of inexperienced sellers we have had during the pandemic.

So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

Are you going to share what has worked for you as Jon has? 😉

• Like 26

In addition to what @vickiespencer just replied to you, I should add that, as clearly stated in the title, this topic is directed to new sellers - which you’re not.

You’re a level 2 seller and have been on Fiverr since Dec 2015.

• Like 16

Wow such a great article.

yes… We are not here to get rich.We are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE. Thank you

Thank you

Thanks for Sharing these tips!

You’re welcome. Good luck as you work to grow your business here on Fiverr. 🙂

• Like 7

Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time.

I disagree. Sellers do not “get rich quick” here. The sellers who succeed on Fiverr, are the sellers who follow advice like mine above (other veteran sellers have offered other great tips as well), are dedicated, determined, methodical, and are willing to take the time necessary to reach their goals. Fiverr is not, nor has it ever been, a get-rich-quick website.

Making lots of money is not the sole factor that makes someone a TRS, and you’re certainly not going to earn TRS-level income “in no time”. Please don’t make claims, or offer “advice” that is untrue.

• Like 18

Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time.

I disagree. Sellers do not “get rich quick” here. The sellers who succeed on Fiverr, are the sellers who follow advice like mine above (other veteran sellers have offered other great tips as well), are dedicated, determined, methodical, and are willing to take the time necessary to reach their goals. Fiverr is not, nor has it ever been, a get-rich-quick website.

Making lots of money is not the sole factor that makes someone a TRS, and you’re certainly not going to earn TRS-level income “in no time”. Please don’t make claims, or offer “advice” that is untrue.

Sellers do not “get rich quick” here.

They don’t get rich quick, but I did see a very small number of sellers who succeeded (and earned a lot) quickly. They had a lot of experience before joining (we’re talking about 20+ years of experience), they’re great at what they’re doing, and when I asked one of them how much time did it take him to do his orders, he told me he was working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Like 20

I do not think @jonbaas intended to disseminate new information on the topic of how to get orders. I believe he was creating a post that answers the often-repeated question of, “How do I get orders?” or, “Kindly experts, share your tips and tricks to get orders.”

This question was/is asked daily by sellers who seem too lazy or uninformed to search for the topic themselves by using the search feature. I have now bookmarked Jon’s post and have/will use it as the answer to these questions in the future for it saves me much time and answers the questions for the influx of inexperienced sellers we have had during the pandemic.

So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

In my post, I’d already shared in principle what worked for me. Just like I stated, those ‘tips on how get offers’ are there and anyone can access them by simply doing a search. Unless one has new ideas to offer, there’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. Doing that is spamming and you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new. Thanks.

• Like 10

Sellers do not “get rich quick” here.

They don’t get rich quick, but I did see a very small number of sellers who succeeded (and earned a lot) quickly. They had a lot of experience before joining (we’re talking about 20+ years of experience), they’re great at what they’re doing, and when I asked one of them how much time did it take him to do his orders, he told me he was working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You’re on point. Sellers do get rich quick here. Just peep and see what Pro-Sellers charge for their services. And then figure out what Sellers with long queue of Orders stand to earn.

• Like 10

In my post, I’d already shared in principle what worked for me. Just like I stated, those ‘tips on how get offers’ are there and anyone can access them by simply doing a search. Unless one has new ideas to offer, there’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. Doing that is spamming and you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new. Thanks.

here’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. Doing that is spamming and you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new.

That is extraordinarily rude of you to say. You do not need to declare things to be spam that are not intended for you. I have posted what I have posted.

• Like 13