Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

Would you like to explain it?

I think the nature of my comment was clear. If you’re here, on Fiverr, to be a seller, you’re either here to work, and overcome your competitors, or you’re here to watch your competitors gain all your orders.

You are either here to work… or here to watch.

Which option are you here to pursue?

186966_2.png jonbaas:

You are either here to work… or here to watch.

Which option are you here to pursue?

I only answered your question.

• Like 12

I can’t wait to know all about your “hidden secret” tips

Unfortunately, I don’t share those for a reason. If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me.

Unfortunately, I don’t share those for a reason.

Hmm . . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they?

Yes.

And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me.

Agreed, but you said . . .

You are not here for you. You are not here to get rich. You are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE . The more successful you become at helping others, the more those people will trust you, respect you, and want to work with you again and again.

. . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me.

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

• Like 14

Hmm . . .

Yes.

And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me.

You are not here for you. You are not here to get rich. You are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE . The more successful you become at helping others, the more those people will trust you, respect you, and want to work with you again and again.

. . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me.

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

@jonbaas already helped you more than he had to by creating this very helpful post. You are not obligated to get insight into all his secrets.

• Like 17

Hmm . . .

Yes.

. . .

Why he’s entitled to share his secret to you? He doesn’t owe you any thing. You don’t just create a gig and expected everything to be spoonfed to you. That’s not how it works. A lot of new sellers came to Fiverr, expecting to earn money, but they just simply created a gig, doesn’t bother to research the forum and read tips on how improving their gig, doesn’t do research on their target audience, doesn’t learn from the successful competitors. That’s how you’re not seeking any success.

I’ve seen your profile and gigs. Your gigs image and description are too generic for me. Vector illustration one of the most competitive categories out there. There are thousand of sellers who are offering the same service as yours and you need to research on how you can differentiate yourself from them and stands out more. If I’m a buyer, there’s nothing interesting for me to see in what you are offering, I rather go to reputable sellers and get my money worth.

Victim-blaming others doesn’t help you on anything. Focus on your gig and find out how to improve your gigs. Don’t put blame on others.

• Like 26

Hmm . . .

Yes.

. . .

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either.

• Like 28

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either.

Well, it sure wouldn’t be such a secret if people actually took the time to learn basic marketing techniques. 😉

• Like 18

Why he’s entitled to share his secret to you? He doesn’t owe you any thing. You don’t just create a gig and expected everything to be spoonfed to you. That’s not how it works. A lot of new sellers came to Fiverr, expecting to earn money, but they just simply created a gig, doesn’t bother to research the forum and read tips on how improving their gig, doesn’t do research on their target audience, doesn’t learn from the successful competitors. That’s how you’re not seeking any success.

I’ve seen your profile and gigs. Your gigs image and description are too generic for me. Vector illustration one of the most competitive categories out there. There are thousand of sellers who are offering the same service as yours and you need to research on how you can differentiate yourself from them and stands out more. If I’m a buyer, there’s nothing interesting for me to see in what you are offering, I rather go to reputable sellers and get my money worth.

Victim-blaming others doesn’t help you on anything. Focus on your gig and find out how to improve your gigs. Don’t put blame on others.

Don’t put blame on others.

I have accurate proof.

• Like 13

206528_2.png radennorfiqri:

By the way,

I’m asking @jonbaas .

Are you @jonbaas ?

• Like 23

Hmm . . .

Yes.

. . .

I will not be sharing my business secrets with you.

• Like 20

Don’t put blame on others.

I have accurate proof.

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

Wish you all the best.

I have accurate proof.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No others is responsible to your success.

• Like 23

186966_2.png jonbaas:

It’s ok @jonbaas you don’t have too.

• Like 13

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

Wish you all the best.

I have accurate proof.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No others is responsible to your success.

206528_2.png radennorfiqri:

Wish you all the best.

I have accurate proof.

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

• Like 13

Wish you all the best.

274612_2.png edvector:

I have accurate proof.

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

You are really not representing yourself very well @edvector . You do know that there are a few buyers who read this forum as well (psst, I am one of them). You are representing your brand when you are posting on this forum. I think you would do well to remember that.

• Like 23

Wish you all the best.

274612_2.png edvector:

I have accurate proof.

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

Immaturity goes no where. If you want to be successful, be professional and accept the advice. By the way, it’s 5pm in my time zone, and I’m working with my 15 orders in my order queue.

• Like 23

@jonbaas thanks for your message , but how I will search my target buyer?

how I will search my target buyer?

Please re-read what I wrote. I referred to the word, “research”. If you wish to learn who your target customers/buyers are, you are going to have to understand what you are offering, and determine who you are trying to sell your services to. Once you know these things, then you are going to have to figure out – on your own – where those target customers are located. I cannot tell you where your target customers are located, because I have neither done any research into your markets, nor is it my responsibility to understand who YOUR customers are.

I cannot do everything for you. Researching and building your business is something YOU need to do.

• Like 24

Immaturity goes no where. If you want to be successful, be professional and accept the advice. By the way, it’s 5pm in my time zone, and I’m working with my 15 orders in my order queue.

I’m working with my 15 orders in my order queue.

Then please go work, and stop replying me.

My friends in malaysia can give you orders if you want too, he he.

• Like 11