Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, grydlynnes said:

Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time. 

I disagree. Sellers do not “get rich quick” here. The sellers who succeed on Fiverr, are the sellers who follow advice like mine above (other veteran sellers have offered other great tips as well), are dedicated, determined, methodical, and are willing to take the time necessary to reach their goals. Fiverr is not, nor has it ever been, a get-rich-quick website. 

Making lots of money is not the sole factor that makes someone a TRS, and you’re certainly not going to earn TRS-level income “in no time”. Please don’t make claims, or offer “advice” that is untrue. 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, jonbaas said:

Sellers do not “get rich quick” here. 

They don’t get rich quick, but I did see a very small number of sellers who succeeded (and earned a lot) quickly. They had a lot of experience before joining (we’re talking about 20+ years of experience), they’re great at what they’re doing, and when I asked one of them how much time did it take him to do his orders, he told me he was working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, vickiespencer said:

Are you going to share what has worked for you as Jon has? 😉 

In my post, I’d already shared in principle what worked for me. Just like I stated, those ‘tips on how get offers’ are there and anyone can access them by simply doing a search. Unless one has new ideas to offer, there’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. Doing that is spamming and you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new. Thanks.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:46 AM, catwriter said:

They don’t get rich quick, but I did see a very small number of sellers who succeeded (and earned a lot) quickly. They had a lot of experience before joining (we’re talking about 20+ years of experience), they’re great at what they’re doing, and when I asked one of them how much time did it take him to do his orders, he told me he was working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

You’re on point. Sellers do get rich quick here. Just peep and see what Pro-Sellers charge for their services. And then figure out what Sellers with long queue of Orders stand to earn.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:45 AM, grydlynnes said:

there’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. Doing that is spamming and you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new. 

That is extraordinarily rude of you to say. You do not need to declare things to be spam that are not intended for you. I have posted what I have posted. 

In my post, I’d already shared in principle what worked for me. 

I guess I missed them, even after reading your post more than once.

:thinking:

Just like I stated, those ‘tips on how get offers’ are there and anyone can access them by simply doing a search. 

And that is the crux of the issue on this Forum. Most of the newbies that come here do not take the time to search and ask for tips and tricks repeatedly. Instead, they ask for help over and over and over.

Unless one has new ideas to offer, there’s no use going into the archives to bring up what anyone can directly access. 

I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

Doing that is spamming 

It is not spamming, it is providing a resource for those who are new or do not understand how to look for information for themselves.

you’d understand this when a dozen others want to ‘help’ newbies by digging up past materials and dumping them here with nothing new. 

So, what do you suggest? Should we merely ignore the newbies?

I for one am happy that @jonbaas used his years of experience to put together something to which the inexperienced sellers to refer. Besides, according to the number of likes and comments, this thread has received many others are too. 

Just like I stated, those ‘tips on how get offers’ are there and anyone can access them by simply doing a search.

Too bad, most of the new sellers who keep opening new threads every 10 minutes on 'Why I don MEK sales" is ignorant enough to do the basic research. 

Yeah, I agree it’s about helping others. I am new here and I need reviews but when I met a student yesterday who was looking for some code that was already present on google, I shared stuff with him and helped him understand the algorithim and told him to write his own code. He did that and he was successful. I am glad to help!

BRO…please help me to promote my gig

No, it is not my job to promote your gig. You are an independent freelancer. Part of your gig – part of your success strategy – should be to research your target market, understand that target market, and determine what kind of marketing techniques that market might relate to.

It is your job to promote your gigs.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, fabulousdesign1 said:

Please help me every One how to continue get orde. 

Earning orders is your responsibility. No one else is going to do that for you. Have you taken any action on the advice I wrote at the top of this topic? 

Guest fibocci
On 7/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, visualstudios said:

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either. 

Was about to say this, but you’ve put it out so well. It’s all about offering the right service at the right time for one person, and then repeating that over and over. @jonbaas has already given so many tips here for free while some so-called “gurus” put that stuff behind a paywall calling it a “secret”. 

Also, it’s just a lot more wholesome to call it “helping people” instead of “making money”. Haha… 

That’s a really important article! Thank you for saying this. That one should work to help someone, first of all, not just to get money. Knowing that fulfills your life with sense and gives you a reason to carry on - that you’re helping someone

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, mohammed_ashik said:

I have a doubt how we find costumer’s need?? 

If you have researched your customers and your target market, you will know and understand their needs. And when you know those needs, you will know how to fulfill them. 

Please I’d like to ask if it’s okay to remind buyers to leave reviews. It’s going to be two weeks since I joined fiverr in two days time and I just completed my second order yesterday. I got a 5 star review from my first buyer on delivery. I just delivered my second last night I haven’t gotten a review even though I’m very sure the customer is very satisfied. Is it against fiverr TOS to remind buyers to leave a review? This particular buyer is new to fiverr infact I’m the first seller she’s working with.

Archived