Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

On 7/13/2020 at 4:16 AM, edvector said:

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

You are really not representing yourself very well @edvector . You do know that there are a few buyers who read this forum as well (psst, I am one of them). You are representing your brand when you are posting on this forum. I think you would do well to remember that.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2020 at 3:40 AM, mostmala said:

how I will search my target buyer?

Please re-read what I wrote. I referred to the word, “research”. If you wish to learn who your target customers/buyers are, you are going to have to understand what you are offering, and determine who you are trying to sell your services to. Once you know these things, then you are going to have to figure out – on your own – where those target customers are located. I cannot tell you where your target customers are located, because I have neither done any research into your markets, nor is it my responsibility to understand who YOUR customers are. 

I cannot do everything for you. Researching and building your business is something YOU need to do. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:20 AM, radennorfiqri said:

By the way, it’s 5pm in my time zone, and I’m working with my 15 orders in my order queue. 

Then please go work, and stop replying me.

My friends in malaysia can give you orders if you want too, he he. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 AM, edvector said:

Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;

@edvector I think you are here to learn, so please try to listen to what more experienced sellers are trying to teach you. It is valuable informaiton. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, edvector said:

By the way, I’m asking @jonbaas . Are you @jonbaas ?

This is a public forum. Anyone can respond to any post, as long as they’re not violating the forum rules. 

On 7/13/2020 at 2:56 AM, vibronx said:

Well, it sure wouldn’t be such a secret if people actually took the time to learn basic marketing techniques. 😉 

That takes time and effort, and way too many users just want some quick tips and tricks that would bring them sales instantly. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 AM, vibronx said:

Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;

@edvector I think you are here to learn, so please try to listen to what more experienced sellers are trying to teach you. It is valuable informaiton.

Thanks vibronx, you’re a kind man, came to my 1st post and show off your success orders, very nice man.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:27 AM, catwriter said:

This is a public forum. Anyone can respond to any post, as long as they’re not violating the forum rules.

But I’m asking @jonbaas

On 7/13/2020 at 4:32 AM, edvector said:

Yes you did, but those cute man still replying me. 

With all due respect, you are taking this forum thread off-topic. Complaining that other people are participating in this topic, is not what this topic is about. I offered advice to other sellers – advice to help them focus on success. Let’s keep this topic about that advice. You can post your off-topic complaints in other appropriate forum topics. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:40 AM, jonbaas said:

With all due respect, you are taking this forum thread off-topic. Complaining that other people are participating in this topic, is not what this topic is about. I offered advice to other sellers – advice to help them focus on success. Let’s keep this topic about that advice. You can post your off-topic complaints in other appropriate forum topics.

So, can I messages you in private? 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 AM, edvector said:

I’m doing fine. I have done my parts on giving you explanation and insight to be successful in Fiverr. Also, if you feel they you need to continue our conversation, feel free to private message me as this has been already off-topic.

Anyway, instead of asking your friend to order from me, why not asking them to order from you? At least you can get your first order/review to build your profile. 😉 

On 7/13/2020 at 5:02 AM, radennorfiqri said:

feel free to private message me as this has been already off-topic.

Thanks for your welcome but, I do more interesting with @jonbaas “hidden secret” success.

On 7/13/2020 at 5:02 AM, radennorfiqri said:

Anyway, instead of asking your friend to order from me, why not asking them to order from you? At least you can get your first order/review to build your profile. 😉 

Because I don’t want people that I know (close) buy my service, it feels like . . . Ugh, that’s not cool. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, edvector said:

Only people that “close”.

I do more like “new” people because I can get new experiences and learn the new things. 

I think selling to unknown people is harder than “close” people. The people who don’t know you, won’t trust you too. Maximum people buy from those who they are familiar of. I started selling to my friends and acquaintances. They are now happy with the delivery. Hope I’ll get some more word of mouth marketing and close more deals.

I’m still clueless on how to approach unknown people to say something about my products.

How do you approach people who are not your close people? 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:35 AM, hedayetsaadi556 said:

I think selling to unknown people is harder than “close” people. 

I know, that’s why I’m on Fiverr. 

The people who don’t know you, won’t trust you too. 

They will or they don’t have too (it’s up to them) after they get the result, building trust from basic and growing. 

I’m still clueless on how to approach unknown people to say something about my products.

How do you approach people who are not your close people?

It’s not really a matter of approaching them directly. It is an issue of finding wasy to interact and connect with them on a common interests level. For example, I have my own line of apparel. I don’t go find people, send them spammy messages and say, “buy my shirts”. No, on a connection level, I find a way to interact with people who wear the kind of apparel I sell, I participate with them, I become known to them, and then those connections – if built effectively – lead to people who understand me and what I do/sell, and then WANT to purchase my apparel.

That isn’t to say I haven’t put out less personal ads for my apparel, but I do heavily target those ads, so that the people that I know love what I do, are the people seeing what I have to offer.

You can’t make people buy things – or hire you here on Fiverr – but you can give then reasons to want to purchase products or hire you. It’s always about connecting to the people who make their own decisions, and then finding creative, helpful, and effective ways of becoming the decision they need/want to make. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, edvector said:

I know, that’s why I’m on Fiverr. 

It seems like you no longer have a profile on Fiverr, though? 

(Apologies to @jonbaas for the off-topic, but it does seem strange when someone comments so much about what they’re trying to do without having a profile with which to do it). 

Thanks but nothing really new here. There’re couple other key dynamics of the system that you may or may not have control over. Yes, Sellers do and can get rich quick. You don’t get to be TRS if you don’t make as much money - something many achieve in no time.
Applying all the"tips and tricks" offer no guarantees. What works for a Seller may completely fail another Seller. So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, grydlynnes said:

Thanks but nothing really new here.

I do not think @jonbaas intended to disseminate new information on the topic of how to get orders. I believe he was creating a post that answers the often-repeated question of, “How do I get orders?” or, “Kindly experts, share your tips and tricks to get orders.” 

This question was/is asked daily by sellers who seem too lazy or uninformed to search for the topic themselves by using the search feature. I have now bookmarked Jon’s post and have/will use it as the answer to these questions in the future for it saves me much time and answers the questions for the influx of inexperienced sellers we have had during the pandemic. 

So go on a voyage of discovery. As a Seller, find out what works for you.

Are you going to share what has worked for you as Jon has? 😉 

Thanks but nothing really new here.

In addition to what @vickiespencer just replied to you, I should add that, as clearly stated in the title, this topic is directed to new sellers - which you’re not. 

You’re a level 2 seller and have been on Fiverr since Dec 2015. 

Archived