Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

jonbaas

On 7/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, jonbaas said:

then you need to find creative ways to connect to those target customers,

And this is very tough(in freelancing, I think). I’m not a new seller but I still facing some problems connecting with my target audience.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, jonbaas said:

or here to watch.

Would you like to explain it?

• Like 24

On 7/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, vickiespencer said:

Buyers will not just fall into your lap. You need to do as @jonbaas said: ⬇️

Can you explain more about these points?

Because it’s very easy to write some theories and sweetest words and become wise but the real practices always different. 

• Like 30

On 7/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, jonbaas said:

I think my topic post was clear and direct. In fact, I even repeated, and reemphasized what I wrote a few times, in different ways, so people could understand it better. Here’s the summary:

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to reread what I wrote.

Nothing I have written is a theory, nor “sweetest words”. If you truly wish to be successful, what I wrote will help you focus your actions in that direction. No one is going to do your research, understanding, or connection work for you. If you want to be successful, YOU are going to have to take those actions.

I’ve been a successful seller on Fiverr for over six years. Everything I have written reflects the “real practices” I have taken to get to where I am as a seller. I chose to share the wisdom that I know, so that new sellers like you can pursue your “real practices” too. 

Awesome explanation & tips from you @jonbaas

I hope you don’t mind to always sharing all of your tips, I can’t wait to know all about your “hidden secret” tips 😉 

• Like 28

On 7/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, jonbaas said:

Unfortunately, I don’t share those for a reason. 

Hmm . . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? 

Yes.

And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me. 

Agreed, but you said . . .

You are not here for you. You are not here to get rich. You are here to HELP OTHER PEOPLE . The more successful you become at helping others, the more those people will trust you, respect you, and want to work with you again and again.

. . .

If I give away my secrets, then they aren’t secret anymore, are they? And if they become public, then I open the door for my competitors to use those secrets and become better than me. 

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

• Like 16

On 7/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, edvector said:

Agreed, but you said . . . 

Why he’s entitled to share his secret to you? He doesn’t owe you any thing. You don’t just create a gig and expected everything to be spoonfed to you. That’s not how it works. A lot of new sellers came to Fiverr, expecting to earn money, but they just simply created a gig, doesn’t bother to research the forum and read tips on how improving their gig, doesn’t do research on their target audience, doesn’t learn from the successful competitors. That’s how you’re not seeking any success.

I’ve seen your profile and gigs. Your gigs image and description are too generic for me. Vector illustration one of the most competitive categories out there. There are thousand of sellers who are offering the same service as yours and you need to research on how you can differentiate yourself from them and stands out more. If I’m a buyer, there’s nothing interesting for me to see in what you are offering, I rather go to reputable sellers and get my money worth.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, edvector said:

What if they got it from “back door” like my competitors did to me? What will you do?

Victim-blaming others doesn’t help you on anything. Focus on your gig and find out how to improve your gigs. Don’t put blame on others.

• Like 41

On 7/13/2020 at 2:53 AM, visualstudios said:

The secret is: there isn’t one. That’s the true secret. Anybody claiming otherwise is just trying to peddle some bs to you.

This is a marketplace. If you offer something that is in demand and more appealing than alternatives, you will sell. If you don’t, you won’t. That’s all there is to it. But that’s no “secret”, that’s basic market economics.

Now, there are techniques you can use to increase the perceived value of what you’re offering, there are techniques to increase necessity and therefore demand (even if artificially) for your product, there are techniques to decrease the attractiveness of your competitors, etc. That’s called marketing, and it ain’t a secret either. 

Well, it sure wouldn’t be such a secret if people actually took the time to learn basic marketing techniques. 😉 

• Like 48

On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, edvector said:

I’m asking @jonbaas . Are you @jonbaas ?

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:07 AM, edvector said:

I have accurate proof.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No other is responsible to your success.

Wish you all the best.

• Like 39

On 7/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, jonbaas said:

I will not be sharing my business secrets with you. 

It’s ok @jonbaas you don’t have too.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, radennorfiqri said:

That’s quite an attitude you have. If you’re unwilling to accept advice from others, it will be a miracle if you can survive the competition.

@jonbaas has given you a very helpful tips which are beneficial to most of the sellers, and it’s up to you to apply it.

It doesn’t matter. If you’re getting orders or not, it all depends on your gigs. No other is responsible to your success.

Wish you all the best.

sssh . . 🤫 go sleep.

• Like 15