Intolerance Among Forum Members

hassannawaz0303

I haven’t seen people making fun of them. I saw people telling them to read the forum and look where is the search button. Which very far from “making fun”

I have seen…I even remember the particular sentences they wrote…but I wont write it here !

they are most common, people will easily recognize where and who wrote it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2020 at 5:23 AM, lararoberts07 said:

This matter belongs to education and professional …

These arrogant people think that they are successful … If successful, help others to grow society!

Exactly thats what I am talking about

On 7/11/2020 at 5:26 AM, lenasemenkova said:

“I’d be naughty if I could”

Is this a platform appropriate to get naughty upon ?

You are right. I’ve seen some people being rude here to newbies. I get it, it’s super annoying. Even yesterday I’ve seen a post here about the N/A impressions. Someone asking what was that but like… he has multiple topics here that he can read. Why not to? Anyway, I think there is no excuse for being rude.

And remember guys, you were once a newbie and someone helped you so be nice to people.

Thats what I am pointing out . We all were newbies

I agree that many people here are too harsh to newbies and IMO should simply ignore those annoying repetitive posts… But if they have been here a long time and are noticing a decrease in the quality of forum posts, I can understand their frustration.

But what are you going to do? There’s no point in complaining, you should adapt to the community.

Also, in all fairness, people only started to be annoyed at you in the other post because you kept insisting on the same thing, ignoring their very valid points.

Also, in all fairness, people only started to be annoyed at you in the other post because you kept insisting on the same thing, ignoring their very valid points.

I never ignored any of their points. i was just trying to have a healthy conversation but the experienced people were way too learned for that

“I’d be naughty if I could”

Is this a platform appropriate to get naughty upon ?

Where did that person (or myself for the matter) say it’s appropriate or possible?

In any case, I read that entire post and this one as well. I don’t participate because, frankly, once you’ve seen one of them, you’ve seen them all. This one’s a bit different, I appreciate it coming up on Saturday.

Personal attacks, apart from not being a thing that helps the community, are against the forum rules; you can flag posts that contain them and leave it to the poor mods to decide, just remember that the rules apply to everyone. Better to flag a personal attack (if it really is one), than to reciprocate.

Personal opinions, however, are what you invite anytime you open a thread, or even post, we all only post our personal opinion regarding matters (unless quoting the ToS, or whatever).

This topic is interesting and yes I have experience that my self.

I am active member and I love to read rather than keep posting, when simple answer or link you add as comment can help any new member why should think hard to add some complected and twisted sentence to confuse them ? Make fun of them ?

I have seen many old members keep answering same question again and again and they were never tired, but on the other hand people making fun and mentioning peculiarity region for some behavior is harsh !

If you think its repetitive and common question may be we can simply ignore it and all good ? No ?

Thats the best thing one can do. Appreciated

Thats what I am pointing out . We all were newbies

We all were newbies

Exactly. Do you think successful sellers came to the forum to ask thugs without reading the forum first?

Actually if you are curious you can create a topic with poll for rather successful sellers on fiverr to vote when they joined the forum and what was the first topic they posted.

I’m pretty sure 98% will say that they joined forum when they already became successful, they didn’t ask people obvious things and made their own research first. (Which doesn’t mean that it’s bad to ask questions, we all need help, especially when you are starting out but it doesn’t replace basic search. With all this repeating post we can miss a person who really need real help)

Personal attacks, apart from not being a thing that helps the community, are against the forum rules; you can flag posts that contain them and leave it to the poor mods to decide, just remember that the rules apply to everyone. Better to flag a personal attack (if it really is one), than to reciprocate.

Personal opinions, however, are what you invite anytime you open a thread, or even post, we all only post our personal opinion regarding matters (unless quoting the ToS, or whatever).

Yeah correct enough . But we should make sure that our opinion never converts into a personal attack. Appreciated

Better to flag a personal attack (if it really is one)

100% this.

Unless you try to present something as a personal attack when it clearly isn’t, of course. Because mods can read the context and false flagging isn’t good.

(It’s a general statement that is not directed at anyone in particular).

We all were newbies

Exactly. Do you think successful sellers came to the forum to ask thugs without reading the forum first?

Actually if you are curious you can create a topic with poll for rather successful sellers on fiverr to vote when they joined the forum and what was the first topic they posted.

I’m pretty sure 98% will say that they joined forum when they already became successful, they didn’t ask people obvious things and made their own research first. (Which doesn’t mean that it’s bad to ask questions, we all need help, especially when you are starting out but it doesn’t replace basic search. With all this repeating post we can miss a person who really need real help)

Just, y’no, if y’re interested …

My first post here was a thanks for useful tips - I’d used the search thingy, read everything, put most of it into practice … and it worked!

Of course, since that first post was in “new user introductions” it didn’t get noticed (most people had that muted then) …

Guest humanissocial

I work in education.

So when 10-year old comes to me and says he doesn’t know multiplication table, I sit and teach him as long as it takes.

When 30-year old comes to me, shows me his CV with Windows, Excel and experience says he “doesn’t know multiplication table, can I help,” khm… guess what I do?

People buy phones and computer and connect on internet. You take on responsibility to educate yourself prior using machinery. If the information they require is hidden or hard to find, OK, post new topic, but if the information is easily accessible (GIG N/A as example), then them posting “Where is my GIG analytics”, makes their IQ negative.

Right. And that’s deception. None of us needs to tolerate people who claim proficiencies they don’t actually have.

That’s fraud.

Yes we get annoyed, but it’s because people ask questions without researching first, try to find ways to break the rules, are oblivious to kindergarten-level ethics and sell things they aren’t proficient in.

The reason people bring up seniority and achievements in the forum is because that is often the only way to get people here to listen to rational advice instead of the myths that are routinely posted in the forum and on YouTube about how to get sales.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:12 AM, marinapomorac said:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Well no one can argue that forum brings long lost family members together. Once again forum user found his long lost relative, a brother nonetheless.

Family reunited is always warm to see.

Now people will start criticizing me if I say something in reply of this ignoring the fact that @shivathmaj1 has no problem with that but only you feel the need of pointing it out for no reason . I addressed him by “brother” and he was happy with it . It was between myself and him and he has no problem absolutely whatsoever.

what is wrong with this Forum I have no idea. Now you will choose to needlessly point out how one person addresses another while both have no problem whatsoever .

what is wrong with this Forum I have no idea. Now you will choose to needlessly point out how one person addresses another while both have no problem whatsoever .

may be this would help ?

“Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam is a Sanskrit phrase found in Hindu texts such as the Maha Upanishad, which means The World is One Family”

I’m more to silent readers and only participate in discussion which clearly caught my attention, an obvious example was your controversial threads which you have started yesterday. I don’t linger much in the forum as there’s nothing beneficial for me to do anything here, other than getting updates of the actual Fiverr website (not the forum itself). Or probably I will give help to genuine users who have a real genuine problem, which the solution is not readily available to them in form of past threads and Fiverr’s ToS, but that’s all.

I’m not intolerance to other members, why should I, I’m here to make sales, not creating friends or enemies, but it clearly shows that you think a disagreement to your opinions is a form of intolerance and treat it as a personal attack. Now you’re calling us out in this thread, misinform others and acted as a victim. Let’s be frank, if other users spitted out controversial opinion which I have the right to disagree with it, even from someone who is more experienced than me, I would act the same too. So there is no correlation if you’re a new seller or not.

I’m more to silent readers and only participate in discussion which clearly caught my attention, an obvious example was your controversial threads which you have started yesterday. I don’t linger much in the forum as there’s nothing beneficial for me to do anything here, other than getting updates of the actual Fiverr website (not the forum itself). Or probably I will give help to genuine users who have a real genuine problem, which the solution is not readily available to them in form of past threads and Fiverr’s ToS, but that’s all.

I’m not intolerance to other members, why should I, I’m here to make sales, not creating friends or enemies, but it clearly shows that you think a disagreement to your opinions is a form of intolerance and treat it as a personal attack. Now you’re calling us out in this thread, misinform others and acted as a victim. Let’s be frank, if other users spitted out controversial opinion which I have the right to disagree with it, even from someone who is more experienced than me, I would act the same too. So there is no correlation if you’re a new seller or not.

ut it clearly shows that you think a disagreement to your opinions is a form of intolerance and treat it as a personal attack.

I never take disagreement as personal attack but if you think that words like “You know nothing” and “I would use somecolorful words” and personally pointing out someone are just disagreements and not personal attaks, you should read the thread one more time

misinform others and acted as a victim

I don’t need to act victim I just pointed out what I experienced personally and added an incident which happened to a newbie. I see this problem often here that most people just ignore the context of the discussion and criticize and assume

ut it clearly shows that you think a disagreement to your opinions is a form of intolerance and treat it as a personal attack.

I never take disagreement as personal attack but if you think that words like “You know nothing” and “I would use somecolorful words” and personally pointing out someone are just disagreements and not personal attaks, you should read the thread one more time

misinform others and acted as a victim

I don’t need to act victim I just pointed out what I experienced personally and added an incident which happened to a newbie. I see this problem often here that most people just ignore the context of the discussion and criticize and assume

Yeah those phrase is uncalled for, but on overall, there’s quite a number of valid opinions in those thread and you shouldn’t disregard those.

I just pointed out what I experienced personally and added an incident which happened to a newbie.

Fair enough.

Yeah those phrase is uncalled for, but on overall, there’s quite a number of valid opinions in those thread and you shouldn’t disregard those.

I just pointed out what I experienced personally and added an incident which happened to a newbie.

Fair enough.

you shouldn’t disregard those.

I totally respect those opinions even if I disagree.

Archived