It's my Fiverr Pro anniversary!

frank_d

@frank_d @miiila

Thanks! You guys are giving me much food for the thought. I thought being selected as Fiverr Pro would be the ultimate cherry on my freelancer career thus far!

I must confess, however, one of the things I like is being able to be a master of my destiny. I am not sure if I would like Fiverr staff looking over my shoulder for every Pro decision.

It is sort of a contradiction in terms, isn’t it? Before Pro, you could do as you like, but now that you are a professional, you need handholding? I suppose, however, it is more about protecting the ‘brand.’

@frank_d - now you have to give me your pros (apart from the money) too. The picture won’t be complete without it.

• Like 3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, no ifs, no buts, on your Pro anniversary!

Actually, I already find any anniversaries of uninterrupted possession of whichever level badge a feat, considering the things that can lead to seller demotions while no sane person would blame the seller for what lead to it, but that’s another topic 😉 and 3 years Pro anniversary, of course, stands out, especially as there aren’t that many sellers with Pro gigs who post here regularly.

Since you invited questions, there’s something I’m interested in:

I continued selling my regular gigs and felt like if any additional revenue comes my way, then that’s great.

I’ve always thought it might be a disadvantage to have both Pro gigs and regular gigs alongside each other, but maybe not, and maybe people don’t really register it anyway, or Pro gig buyers don’t notice, and not-pro buyers don’t feel they get anything lesser than pro service even though the gig itself doesn’t say Pro gig.

How do you feel about the requirement that a Pro gig must be $100 or more, or rather about the fact that your less than $100 gigs don’t get the Pro badge?

I imagine if you sell a regular gig for $50 or $75, it’s the same professional quality as your $100+ Pro gigs, just something that takes you less time, so it might feel a bit strange that your less expensive gigs don’t get the Pro label?

I find this a bit confusing from a buyer perspective - when I see the “Pro”, I assume the seller is one, and then why do they have pro and not-pro gigs?

But maybe it’s really something buyers don’t even realize and only a fellow Fiverr seller would even really notice.

I’ve always thought it might be a disadvantage to have both Pro gigs and regular gigs alongside each other, but maybe not, and maybe people don’t really register it anyway, or Pro gig buyers don’t notice, and not-pro buyers don’t feel they get anything lesser than pro service even though the gig itself doesn’t say Pro gig.

I don’t see it as “worlds clashing” to be honest. The only people that feel that way, are prospects who contact me via my $50 gigs and their brief is for a completely custom 3 minute video extravaganza.

They seem to always get confused and some come back with some snarky remarks about “how did we go from $50 to $4,000?!?”.

Other than that, people I am not a right fit for anyways, it’s no problem.

How do you feel about the requirement that a Pro gig must be $100 or more, or rather about the fact that your less than $100 gigs don’t get the Pro badge?

I think that my main gripe is with Fiverr trying to encourage me to set a price point they feel is right for some of my Pro gigs. I don’t mind the $100 minimum to be honest.

But on the other hand, if a Pro seller was to go “fudge it” and set their price to $100 just to get reviews in, it would hurt the marketplace and their positioning.

I imagine if you sell a regular gig for $50 or $75, it’s the same professional quality as your $100+ Pro gigs, just something that takes you less time, so it might feel a bit strange that your less expensive gigs don’t get the Pro label?

All my regular gigs are pretty much “templates” I created. I invested in them once (each one took me a lot of billable hours worth of work) and I created them on the assumption it’s the easiest way to make a product out of a service, and earn money with minimum effort.

So I don’t mind them NOT being labeled as Pro gigs, as I am a Pro labeled seller.

That means that my customer journey, process, insights and overall expertise, undoubtedly trickle down to my regular gigs as well.

In fact, if you take a look at my reviews, they are mostly about how awesome the process was, and how I made them feel, and less about the end product being the world’s best animation. 🙂

• Like 2

I don’t see it as “worlds clashing” to be honest. The only people that feel that way, are prospects who contact me via my $50 gigs and their brief is for a completely custom 3 minute video extravaganza.

They seem to always get confused and some come back with some snarky remarks about “how did we go from $50 to $4,000?!?”.

Other than that, people I am not a right fit for anyways, it’s no problem.

I think that my main gripe is with Fiverr trying to encourage me to set a price point they feel is right for some of my Pro gigs. I don’t mind the $100 minimum to be honest.

But on the other hand, if a Pro seller was to go “fudge it” and set their price to $100 just to get reviews in, it would hurt the marketplace and their positioning.

All my regular gigs are pretty much “templates” I created. I invested in them once (each one took me a lot of billable hours worth of work) and I created them on the assumption it’s the easiest way to make a product out of a service, and earn money with minimum effort.

So I don’t mind them NOT being labeled as Pro gigs, as I am a Pro labeled seller.

That means that my customer journey, process, insights and overall expertise, undoubtedly trickle down to my regular gigs as well.

In fact, if you take a look at my reviews, they are mostly about how awesome the process was, and how I made them feel, and less about the end product being the world’s best animation. 🙂

😃 Ah, yes, I can imagine.

Right, that makes sense. Not all niches lean themselves to that kind of gig, I actually think that for some sellers, Pro might even not be the better choice, depending on what exactly they offer/make the bulk of their money with, respectively where most of their clients come from and whether there’s a “natural ceiling” for the price point of their services, especially as you say your Pro gigs may not be remotely similar to your other gigs; also, the reasons @helenabester listed, I’m also a person who doesn’t like someone looking over their shoulder a bit and I enjoy my freedoms and wouldn’t like having to discuss my gigs with anyone. But it’s all a matter of weighing up potential opportunities, expectations, preferences, your very own personal situation, and everything, and doing what feels right for you.

For some people, of course, applying for Pro simply is the decision that makes the most sense.

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

Just got a calendar notification that it’s officially been 3 years since my Pro badge.

I thought it would be a good chance to look into my journey and see if the data validates my decision to join the Pro section of the website.

So I took a quick look into my analytics -the ones that are still working anyways- and came up with these numbers:

Number of clients that purchased a Pro gig:

34 (I am not counting return buyers or revision/update purchases)

Revenue earned via Pro gigs:

$127,751

Fiverr’s Profit:

$25,550.02

Profit pour moi:

$102,200.08

That’s a little under 1/4 of my total earnings on the platform.

I am sure there are Pro and non-Pro sellers on the platform that may have earned more, or that maintain a higher profit margin than me.

But for me I think the experiment seems to be a successful one.

My sales are now lower in volume and big ticket item buyers seem to be a bit more rare now, so I needed to look back and put things in perspective. See where I am at and whether or not it’s worth it for me to keep on this “high-budget only” gigs path, or try to get back to the basics and aim for volume vs revenue.

That’s it I guess. 🙂

Once again I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding pricing, strategy,

or growth on the platform.

@frank_d Congratulations, honestly, I’m not surprised at all given just how great a seller and person you are.

See where I am at and whether or not it’s worth it for me to keep on this “high-budget only” gigs path, or try to get back to the basics and aim for volume vs revenue.

I would honestly just recommend you stick with the high-budget clients. If you go for more volume then you’ll just be tiring yourself out while not making them much. More volume and low price mostly work for people that can offload it on others which doesn’t always end well.

• Like 2

@frank_d @miiila

Thanks! You guys are giving me much food for the thought. I thought being selected as Fiverr Pro would be the ultimate cherry on my freelancer career thus far!

I must confess, however, one of the things I like is being able to be a master of my destiny. I am not sure if I would like Fiverr staff looking over my shoulder for every Pro decision.

It is sort of a contradiction in terms, isn’t it? Before Pro, you could do as you like, but now that you are a professional, you need handholding? I suppose, however, it is more about protecting the ‘brand.’

@frank_d - now you have to give me your pros (apart from the money) too. The picture won’t be complete without it.

now you have to give me your pros (apart from the money) too. The picture won’t be complete without it.

Well customer support always responds within 2 hours, I have a dedicated Fiverr representative that I can talk to about everything and anything re: my business and the marketplace, plus said Fiverr representative has introduced me to other Fiverr executives and employees.

7-day clearance is awesome, although I already had that to be honest.

Plus having the badge and seeing how Fiverr positions you in the marketplace, forces you to take yourself more seriously, if that even makes sense.

It’s not just a pricing thing, you start to think differently about your profile and what you need to do moving forward.

I would honestly just recommend you stick with the high-budget clients. If you go for more volume then you’ll just be tiring yourself out while not making them much.

Thank you @ssj1236

On the other hand, my regular gigs are what bring in sales when there’s a slump.

I think my hybrid model works for now, until I am either brave enough -or wealthy enough- to double down on the Pro thing.

• Like 2

That’s really a long journey 😍

Can you please tell me!

In which level you apply for FIVERR pro badges!!!

btw CONGRATULATION to you 😃

Can you please tell me!

@wpexpertsabbir Please read the rest of the thread. It is clear that you don’t apply for a Fiverr Pro badge, but that you earn it through hard work. Even so, Fiverr must offer it to you, so there’s nothing you CAN do, except work hard.

• Like 1

That’s really a long journey 😍

Can you please tell me!

You can apply here:

https://pro.fiverr.com/prog/fiverr_pro/

Although I must warn you, 99,9% of applicants are rejected.

Plus I think unless a new vertical opens up, most of them are full.

If I were you I’d aim to get my services up to a certain level, without worrying about the badge.

• Like 1

now you have to give me your pros (apart from the money) too. The picture won’t be complete without it.

Well customer support always responds within 2 hours, I have a dedicated Fiverr representative that I can talk to about everything and anything re: my business and the marketplace, plus said Fiverr representative has introduced me to other Fiverr executives and employees.

Plus having the badge and seeing how Fiverr positions you in the marketplace, forces you to take yourself more seriously, if that even makes sense.

It’s not just a pricing thing, you start to think differently about your profile and what you need to do moving forward.

I would honestly just recommend you stick with the high-budget clients. If you go for more volume then you’ll just be tiring yourself out while not making them much.

Thank you @ssj1236

On the other hand, my regular gigs are what bring in sales when there’s a slump.

I think my hybrid model works for now, until I am either brave enough -or wealthy enough- to double down on the Pro thing.

Thanks! I’ll be thinking about all of this so that I am ready when the opportunity comes. For now, I am having a pretty good time as a Level 2 seller. I am a mom, who works here half-days, and it is great to be able to organize my time and projects so that it fits me.

I am not in the range of the mansion or swimming pool yet, but I am earning more here than I have ever done anywhere else. AND I can work in my pj’s!

• Like 1

Thanks! I’ll be thinking about all of this so that I am ready when the opportunity comes. For now, I am having a pretty good time as a Level 2 seller. I am a mom, who works here half-days, and it is great to be able to organize my time and projects so that it fits me.

I am not in the range of the mansion or swimming pool yet, but I am earning more here than I have ever done anywhere else. AND I can work in my pj’s!

AND I can work in my pj’s!

that’s why we all went down the freelancer road, no? 🙂

• Like 6

You can apply here:

https://pro.fiverr.com/prog/fiverr_pro/

Although I must warn you, 99,9% of applicants are rejected.

Plus I think unless a new vertical opens up, most of them are full.

If I were you I’d aim to get my services up to a certain level, without worrying about the badge.

Actually, I just wanted to know that because I haven’t any idea about FIVERR pro,

many new sellers will apply for it, and guess what.

they approved for FIVERR pro,

I was surprised; that’s why I ask this question.

And I fully appreciate you.

Anyone should aim to get their service up to a certain level.

Because if they work hard and work for the future, obviously shine will come to life.

Again warm congratulation to you from my side 😇

• Like 1

Actually, I just wanted to know that because I haven’t any idea about FIVERR pro,

I was surprised; that’s why I ask this question.

And I fully appreciate you.

Anyone should aim to get their service up to a certain level.

Because if they work hard and work for the future, obviously shine will come to life.

Again warm congratulation to you from my side 😇

Do you have evidence that “many new sellers” get approved?

Be that as it may, you have to understand that only 0,1% of applicants make it.

Even when I was asked to join, the process was rigorous and I was interviewed and I had to present a versatile body of work before they verified me.

What I am trying to say is:

The link appears to be working. No one but yourself is stopping you from applying.

But if your mindset going in is “many new sellers are getting it”, you are going to be disappointed.

• Like 4

Be that as it may, you have to understand that only 0,1% of applicants make it.

Even when I was asked to join, the process was rigorous and I was interviewed and I had to present a versatile body of work before they verified me.

What I am trying to say is:

The link appears to be working. No one but yourself is stopping you from applying.

But if your mindset going in is “many new sellers are getting it”, you are going to be disappointed.

Actually, I find a post on FIVERR forum where she told that she is a new seller and get pro badges by FIVERR,

and some case happened in local people in my country too.

I see some post of them.

that’s why I just thought this,

I didn’t mean that many sellers mean a vast number,

But try to understand what it is actually,

and If they deserve it they earned it(new seller) :roll_eyes:

I respect all of them who got PRO badges at an early age,

But I want to figure it out where they are advantage from me or where I have lacked in my working 😕

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...