It's my Fiverr Pro anniversary!

frank_d

Wow - 3 years.
Remember how you Pro sellers were going to destroy Fiverr and the world was gonna end.
Unless Pro was the catalyst for 2020 I would say it has been a success mostly with there definitely being a marked improvement in the number of higher quality buyers across the board.

Anyway, I will say congratulations now but expect you to send your bank statements for the past three years to my inbox.

• Like 8

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - 3 years.

Remember how you Pro sellers were going to destroy Fiverr and the world was gonna end.

Unless Pro was the catalyst for 2020 I would say it has been a success mostly with there definitely being a marked improvement in the number of higher quality buyers across the board.

Anyway, I will say congratulations now but expect you to send your bank statements for the past three years to my inbox.

Hahaha!

Thanks @eoinfinnegan !

I remember how stupid Fiverr Pro was and how we were going to ruin everything.

You will be hearing from my accountant soon, I expect for you to reciprocate with some sort of cake or at the very least a bottle of booze.

(If the numbers check out)

• Like 4

Hahaha!

Thanks @eoinfinnegan !

I remember how stupid Fiverr Pro was and how we were going to ruin everything.

You will be hearing from my accountant soon, I expect for you to reciprocate with some sort of cake or at the very least a bottle of booze.

(If the numbers check out)

If the numbers check out

Of course they will, I’m not gonna ask for evidence from that Filipino bank you put your Pro earnings in

• Like 2

So, almost 500k in revenue just from Fiverr. If your other revenue streams were enough to sustain your cost of living, 500k invested in dividend stocks at 7% return allows you to retire comfortably for life making like 2500 a month without touching the principal. Congratulations on your retirement!

• Like 3

Big congratulations to you! 😄

Can I ask you how did you invest? I’m into the investing world (my service here on fiverr is also linked to investing) so I’m always curious about that 😀

Another question: do you think it can be a good choice to increase the prices once I reach level 2?
I have already all the necessary to get it, I only miss the 120 days of selling but will got it right on 15th of July.

@frank_d seeing your posts and analytics makes a great user case to determine for non pro sellers the value they can get from Fiverr. I truly appreciate the information and insight you always provide. Thank you so much and congratulations on your success!

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

Just got a calendar notification that it’s officially been 3 years since my Pro badge.

I thought it would be a good chance to look into my journey and see if the data validates my decision to join the Pro section of the website.

So I took a quick look into my analytics -the ones that are still working anyways- and came up with these numbers:

Number of clients that purchased a Pro gig:

34 (I am not counting return buyers or revision/update purchases)

Revenue earned via Pro gigs:

$127,751

Fiverr’s Profit:

$25,550.02

Profit pour moi:

$102,200.08

That’s a little under 1/4 of my total earnings on the platform.

I am sure there are Pro and non-Pro sellers on the platform that may have earned more, or that maintain a higher profit margin than me.

But for me I think the experiment seems to be a successful one.

My sales are now lower in volume and big ticket item buyers seem to be a bit more rare now, so I needed to look back and put things in perspective. See where I am at and whether or not it’s worth it for me to keep on this “high-budget only” gigs path, or try to get back to the basics and aim for volume vs revenue.

That’s it I guess. 🙂

Once again I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding pricing, strategy,

or growth on the platform.

Congratulations! I must admit that when you first started your Pro journey, I was very skeptical of the whole Pro thing. I also think it fair to say that I let that known and we weren’t exactly the best of friends.

However, I have grown to greatly respect you and I’m proud to say I work here on a platform with people like you.

Profit pour moi:

$102,200.08

All that said, the bar tab for your anniversary celebrations is all on you! 😉

• Like 7

I can send you the link to the FB post my client made if that helps.

😃 Thank you. I found it.

But I do think that by Fiverr’s standards it’s still something I never thought would happen.

Of course. With your income of 3 years, I could support my family for lifetime so, let’s be clear, I am not saying the amount, in general, is low. It is like, Bill Gates comes and says he made 10 million$ income in a year. That is not low, that is a disaster. It depends on perspective.

But, as you said, it was at the time experiment, and it brought you a substantial additional income.

I hope it goes up in constant for you.

It depends on perspective.

Even in perspective with simple math:

Frank has been here since 2013, but let’s say he’s working here 6 years because we don’t know when exactly he joined in 2013.

100000 is 1/4 of his total income so the total income is around 400 000.

If you divide 400 000 by 6 years it will be 66 666.

That means that Frank made 66k per year on average.

Now the perspective: minimal salary in London (that’s the one I know and that’s one of the most expensive cities in the world) is 18000, average salary in London is 36000.

So on average more than a half people in London live with 18-36k salary per year.

Franks yearly income is way higher than the average person gets in one of the most most expensive cities in the world.

I’m not sure what was the expectation for Frank’s income but even in the perspective that income especially for a freelancer looks good even if he would’ve lived in the expensive place with all bills, expenses etc.

Can you buy a penthouse with that money? Of course not. But you can live a very good freelancer life with that. (Though I am still working towards that keeping my dream alive 😂 just 4million dollars to go)

Congrats @frank_d ! 🥳

• Like 11

It depends on perspective.

Even in perspective with simple math:

Frank has been here since 2013, but let’s say he’s working here 6 years because we don’t know when exactly he joined in 2013.

100000 is 1/4 of his total income so the total income is around 400 000.

If you divide 400 000 by 6 years it will be 66 666.

That means that Frank made 66k per year on average.

Now the perspective: minimal salary in London (that’s the one I know and that’s one of the most expensive cities in the world) is 18000, average salary in London is 36000.

So on average more than a half people in London live with 18-36k salary per year.

Franks yearly income is way higher than the average person gets in one of the most most expensive cities in the world.

I’m not sure what was the expectation for Frank’s income but even in the perspective that income especially for a freelancer looks good even if he would’ve lived in the expensive place with all bills, expenses etc.

Can you buy a penthouse with that money? Of course not. But you can live a very good freelancer life with that. (Though I am still working towards that keeping my dream alive 😂 just 4million dollars to go)

Congrats @frank_d ! 🥳

(Though I am still working towards that keeping my dream alive 😂 just 4million dollars to go)

Only three of that four million is for the penthouse, though, isn’t it? The other million is needed to pay off your Deliveroo tab. 🙈

Just got a calendar notification that it’s officially been 3 years since my Pro badge.

Congrats on three years, @frank_d, and thanks for all the insights you’ve provided along the way.

• Like 5

i’m also interested to become a pro seller but i don’t know the steps but if someone help me like you so i hope i can also become a pro seller and make my life more potential .

and yeah great work !congratulation on your success 🙂

(Though I am still working towards that keeping my dream alive 😂 just 4million dollars to go)

Only three of that four million is for the penthouse, though, isn’t it? The other million is needed to pay off your Deliveroo tab. 🙈

Congrats on three years, @frank_d, and thanks for all the insights you’ve provided along the way.

Oh darn, I forgot about deliveroo, now it’s even more pressure! Of course I wouldn’t take that from my penthouse Money, I still will prefer to have a pool in my place for that extra mil 😂

• Like 3

Congratulations! I must admit that when you first started your Pro journey, I was very skeptical of the whole Pro thing. I also think it fair to say that I let that known and we weren’t exactly the best of friends.

However, I have grown to greatly respect you and I’m proud to say I work here on a platform with people like you.

Profit pour moi:

$102,200.08

All that said, the bar tab for your anniversary celebrations is all on you! 😉

Thank you Andy.

I remember our back n forth on the subject.

I think it’s fair to say we’ve both grown since.

It’s part of the journey. Looking back and seeing how you are now able to process information differently.

Thank you for always speaking your mind and for making me laugh with your sick burns.

i’m also interested to become a pro seller but i don’t know the steps but if someone help me like you so i hope i can also become a pro seller and make my life more potential .

You don’t necessarily need to apply for the Pro badge in order to live to your potential.

If you can provide value to your clients, be kind and act professionally 100% of the time, then you can start your journey, right now.

Start charging what you are worth and grow as a freelancer.

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

I thought it would be a good chance to look into my journey and see if the data validates my decision to join the Pro section of the website.

So I took a quick look into my analytics -the ones that are still working anyways- and came up with these numbers:

Number of clients that purchased a Pro gig:

34 (I am not counting return buyers or revision/update purchases)

Revenue earned via Pro gigs:

$127,751

Fiverr’s Profit:

$25,550.02

Profit pour moi:

$102,200.08

That’s a little under 1/4 of my total earnings on the platform.

I am sure there are Pro and non-Pro sellers on the platform that may have earned more, or that maintain a higher profit margin than me.

But for me I think the experiment seems to be a successful one.

My sales are now lower in volume and big ticket item buyers seem to be a bit more rare now, so I needed to look back and put things in perspective. See where I am at and whether or not it’s worth it for me to keep on this “high-budget only” gigs path, or try to get back to the basics and aim for volume vs revenue.

That’s it I guess. 🙂

Once again I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding pricing, strategy,

or growth on the platform.

Hi Frank

Thank you for your interesting thread - and congratulations! You are an inspiration.

I am a Level 2 seller that recently met the requirements for Fiverr Pro, but I have no illusions about being selected! I hope it happens, however! (That day the bar tab is definitely on me, @cyaxrex)

The above sentence from your post interested me. Is it a ‘decision’ to join Fiverr Pro? I thought it is a privilege. What would you say are the ‘cons?’ (The ‘pros’ being obvious.)

Have a good day!

Helena

• Like 2

Hi Frank

Thank you for your interesting thread - and congratulations! You are an inspiration.

I am a Level 2 seller that recently met the requirements for Fiverr Pro, but I have no illusions about being selected! I hope it happens, however! (That day the bar tab is definitely on me, @cyaxrex)

The above sentence from your post interested me. Is it a ‘decision’ to join Fiverr Pro? I thought it is a privilege. What would you say are the ‘cons?’ (The ‘pros’ being obvious.)

Have a good day!

Helena

Hey Helena, thank you!

I was contacted by Fiverr about 30 days before the official launch, and they requested that I join the Pro part of the marketplace.

Back then things were different.

Fiverr was trying to get as many Pro sellers on the platform as possible, to ensure a successful launch campaign.

I initially refused, but they insisted.

I still have the emails were they are obviously confused about me saying no. 🙂

There are cons to having the Pro badge.

Expectations of you are much higher.

Both costumers and Fiverr staff hold you to higher standards.

You can’t edit a Pro gig without Fiverr knowing about it and approving of it. Can’t start a new gig without talking to a bunch of people either.

I had quite a bit of back n forth with one of my Pro gigs because they wanted me to start off at a higher price point.

You also need to delete any regular gigs you have that offer something remotely similar to what your Pro gigs are about.

• Like 3

So me earning $100k in 3 years just from my Pro gigs alone is low for my level of expertise?

OK, by what standards?

Are we talking about just Fiverr?

The global marketplace?

I love talking numbers, you are probably better at this than me. But I also like to keep things in perspective.

So for me Fiverr Pro was an experiment.

I had no idea when I accepted to join that “whale” buyers would come to Fiverr and that I would sell Premium services at a higher price point.

(It’s actually very interesting if you care to dig around for the official thread announcing Fiverr Pro, to see how people were quick to judge whether or not people would buy expensive gigs. I still remember how a few forum members attacked me personally back then.)

I continued selling my regular gigs and felt like if any additional revenue comes my way, then that’s great.

That’s why I started my company in 2018, why I invested in creating a stock portfolio and why I invested in a startup as well: to increase my revenue and diversify.

Congratulations, no ifs, no buts, on your Pro anniversary!

Actually, I already find any anniversaries of uninterrupted possession of whichever level badge a feat, considering the things that can lead to seller demotions while no sane person would blame the seller for what lead to it, but that’s another topic 😉 and 3 years Pro anniversary, of course, stands out, especially as there aren’t that many sellers with Pro gigs who post here regularly.

Since you invited questions, there’s something I’m interested in:

I continued selling my regular gigs and felt like if any additional revenue comes my way, then that’s great.

I’ve always thought it might be a disadvantage to have both Pro gigs and regular gigs alongside each other, but maybe not, and maybe people don’t really register it anyway, or Pro gig buyers don’t notice, and not-pro buyers don’t feel they get anything lesser than pro service even though the gig itself doesn’t say Pro gig.

How do you feel about the requirement that a Pro gig must be $100 or more, or rather about the fact that your less than $100 gigs don’t get the Pro badge?

I imagine if you sell a regular gig for $50 or $75, it’s the same professional quality as your $100+ Pro gigs, just something that takes you less time, so it might feel a bit strange that your less expensive gigs don’t get the Pro label?

I find this a bit confusing from a buyer perspective - when I see the “Pro”, I assume the seller is one, and then why do they have pro and not-pro gigs?

But maybe it’s really something buyers don’t even realize and only a fellow Fiverr seller would even really notice.

• Like 2