How to write a offer in buyer request

john_mickel

On 6/26/2020 at 12:14 PM, talha_articles said:

I Didn’t get it, what does it mean? Can you please elaborate?

Thanks for your question. Let me elaborate it.

Maximum sellers apply without reading the request. So sometimes buyer put a keyword like…“please write TSH before apply otherwise your application will be rejected”

I am talking about it. Hope you understand.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing your valuable thought.

I have a question. within 1 minute ,it seems that 20-40 sellers already have sent offer on buyer request.so, in that case if we take minimum 2 minutes to read the request and send the offer then will the buyer read my offer on that lower position in serial? It’s confusing me .

You should always try. Sometimes people send offers that are not interesting to the buyer… like general responses or very high prices. Good luck 🍀

Since I read this post I have been having many orders from buyer requests. Thank you 🙂

I am a buyer. Hello sellers, be aware that the buyer sometimes knows english better than the seller, See what I got here: “Feel free to condact me” !!! This seller offers tanslations from any kind of language to any kind of language. Sometimes I am happy to see these mistakes in the offer. Because when I read bad Engish, I know that the quality will be bad.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, ulrich_germania said:

Thank you, @john_mickel for telling these recommendations to the sellers.

I recently oublished a buyers request and received a lot of SPAM offers from sellers who really did not carefully read my request. Example: I was writing my request in German language looking for a translation from German to English, asking for a native english speaker who has lived for a few years in Germany so that he also understands phrases and words which you can never learn at school, and which no online translater can translate correctly, because they are used in bars and pubs within conversation of young people, sometimes used in another meaning as normally defined in a dictionary.

Guess what: About 50% of the offers were sent by sellers who offered me to translate English to an other language and one just wrote; Hi Bro ! and another one wrote: … “pleas pace order with me”. Well, my English was better that some of the sellers who promised quality. Some had even English writing mistakes in their profiles, like: I do formatting to. (to ! instead of ,too!)

So: Sellers, please read carefully what is asked for, and refrain from spamming and check your own qualification.

You are absolutely right. Maximum seller send offer without knowing what client need actually. Hope you will get the right person you are looking for! Best of luck

On 6/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, tamarapereir397 said:

Since I read this post I have been having many orders from buyer requests. Thank you 🙂

It’s my pleasure to help you. Congratulations for your new order 😍

Thanks for your question. Let me elaborate it.

Maximum sellers apply without reading the request. So sometimes buyer put a keyword like…“please write TSH before apply otherwise your application will be rejected”

I am talking about it. Hope you understand.

Oh Ok, Now i know what you meant by that, thanks buddy 😉

On 6/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, taimoortech said:

nice tips, But it would be better if you would have explain with only single example, I mean one sample offer or proposal.

Come on. Example? Here it is. Buyer asks for AAAAA, Sellers offer BBBBB. Just read what the buyer wants. If you cannot offer AAAAA, don't send him a message. It is so SIMPLE 

On 7/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, taimoortech said:

nice tips, But it would be better if you would have explain with only single example, I mean one sample offer or proposal.

That would be like giving you another pre made answer and you would be using it in every order. You have to understand that every client is an independent self with different desires and views. You should read carefully what they ask for and answer accordingly

On 7/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, ulrich_germania said:

I am a buyer. Hello sellers, be aware that the buyer sometimes knows english better than the seller, See what I got here: “Feel free to condact me” !!! This seller offers tanslations from any kind of language to any kind of language. Sometimes I am happy to see these mistakes in the offer. Because when I read bad Engish, I know that the quality will be bad.

That’s not a mistake I would do.

I never sent the same message to every client but when I look back I see that my answers were very vague and general and sometimes I answered buyer requests that said 5$ with a budget of 30$. Now I have been more careful with that and I try to let the customer understand why he/she should choose me and what I can do for him/her. 

That would be like giving you another pre made answer and you would be using it in every order. You have to understand that every client is an independent self with different desires and views. You should read carefully what they ask for and answer accordingly

Exactly. This is what i want to tell!

On 7/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, ulrich_germania said:

Thank you, @john_mickel for telling these recommendations to the sellers.

I recently oublished a buyers request and received a lot of SPAM offers from sellers who really did not carefully read my request. Example: I was writing my request in German language looking for a translation from German to English, asking for a native english speaker who has lived for a few years in Germany so that he also understands phrases and words which you can never learn at school, and which no online translater can translate correctly, because they are used in bars and pubs within conversation of young people, sometimes used in another meaning as normally defined in a dictionary.

Guess what: About 50% of the offers were sent by sellers who offered me to translate English to an other language and one just wrote; Hi Bro ! and another one wrote: … “pleas pace order with me”. Well, my English was better that some of the sellers who promised quality. Some had even English writing mistakes in their profiles, like: I do formatting to. (to ! instead of ,too!)

So: Sellers, please read carefully what is asked for, and refrain from spamming and check your own qualification.

Haha, that’s interesting. It’s probably because most new sellers on Fiverr are looking for ways to earn money as quickly as possible. They are not serious about what they are offering and are probably trying to scam buyers to some extent for some fast cash. Or maybe they are just desperate to get a gig, any gig…

I am a new seller on Fiverr too, but I always read the buyer request and reply to them only if I feel my services are properly suitable for what is being asked. After reading this post by @john_mickel, I realized that I have been following most of the excellent tips provided by him. But I know I have to be patient in order to build a brand and trust among the buyers. Fingers crossed!

Regards,

AJ 

Thank you for your wonderful tips on writing proper buyer requests.

I am a new seller on Fiverr, and it’s been only a month since I started here. After reading your tips, I realized that I have already been following most of what you said. I always read the buyer requests properly and only reply to those which I think I can do a great job at. I write custom messages to each buyer request and keep in mind to understand their requirements and conditions and construct my replies accordingly. I believe (and hope) that the buyers would recognize my abilities through my buyer requests and contact me.

Since I started, I have replied to about 100 buyer requests, of which 4 buyers contacted me back. Of those 4 buyers, 2 of them placed an order and reviewed me 5 stars! I don’t know if this is a good number or I’m under-performing but I hope things will improve with time.

I had one more doubt I wanted to clarify:

On 7/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, john_mickel said:

Now, Let’s point out how to write a offer!!

1. First thing we have to notice on the buyer request carefully because sometimes buyer puts a keyword to his request that to write a word before your offer. so we have to be very careful.

2. Then, we have to understand what actually buyer need?

3. Write about, how you want to implement the work.

4. What is needed from your buyer to start work.

5. Send the work samples what you have done before.

That’s it, very simple, Please don’t write the same thing for every buyer(copy & paste).

If I follow these points, by the time I compose and write a custom offer to the buyer, especially for graphic designing gigs, I see that there are already over 200 odd offers before mine. Do you think it is then a good strategy to do this? What are the chances that the buyer would scroll down 200 offers and read an offer from a new seller like me? I am not sure what to do here, @john_mickel, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

AJ 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:27 PM, buckleupgenius said:

I am a new seller on Fiverr, and it’s been only a month since I started here. After reading your tips, I realized that I have already been following most of what you said. I always read the buyer requests properly and only reply to those which I think I can do a great job at. I write custom messages to each buyer request and keep in mind to understand their requirements and conditions and construct my replies accordingly. I believe (and hope) that the buyers would recognize my abilities through my buyer requests and contact me.

Since I started, I have replied to about 100 buyer requests, of which 4 buyers contacted me back. Of those 4 buyers, 2 of them placed an order and reviewed me 5 stars! I don’t know if this is a good number or I’m under-performing but I hope things will improve with time.

If I follow these points, by the time I compose and write a custom offer to the buyer, especially for graphic designing gigs, I see that there are already over 200 odd offers before mine. Do you think it is then a good strategy to do this? What are the chances that the buyer would scroll down 200 offers and read an offer from a new seller like me? I am not sure what to do here, @john_mickel, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can’t predict buyers and who they’re going to order the service they want from. But there’s one thing to keep in mind which is among the 200 sellers that have already sent their offers, only one seller will be chosen and what if you are that one person that the buyer might ended up selecting for their projects.

All you have to do is to have this mind for example Buyers Requests is just like a questionnaire which you have to fill out the requirements and hopefully you offered what the buyer want exactly.

Don’t be deceive by the numbers of offers already sent. If you’re to ask a buyer about most of offers sent to them you will ended up seeing funny, irrelevant and off-topic offers. So you just need to read everything and understand it clearly then send your offer. I think this might help.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, sirleewho said:

You can’t predict buyers and who they’re going to order the service they want from. But there’s one thing to keep in mind which is among the 200 sellers that have already sent their offers, only one seller will be chosen and what if you are that one person that the buyer might ended up selecting for their projects.

All you have to do is to have this mind for example Buyers Requests is just like a questionnaire which you have to fill out the requirements and hopefully you offered what the buyer want exactly.

Don’t be deceive by the numbers of offers already sent. If you’re to ask a buyer about most of offers sent to them you will ended up seeing funny, irrelevant and off-topic offers. So you just need to read everything and understand it clearly then send your offer. I think this might help.

Hey, thanks for such a motivating reply. I guess you are right, in the end, the quality of the offer matters. I think I’ll continue to write offers as I already am, and just hope that the buyer recognizes the quality of my offer and choose me. I hope, with time, things would improve for me. Fingers crossed! 😃

Regards, AJ 

On 7/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, buckleupgenius said:

Brother, You are in the right track. Keep doing what are you doing now. I am sure that if one buyer see your offer he will contact you back because buyers need work not to waste their time. Don’t be deceived by numbers.

Brother, You are in the right track. Keep doing what are you doing now. I am sure that if one buyer see your offer he will contact you back because buyers need work not to waste their time. Don’t be deceived by numbers.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll follow your advice and keep continuing what I’m doing. I guess these things are going to take a lot of time and effort in order to succeed. Let’s just hope for the best…

Regards, AJ

Thanks for the reply. I’ll follow your advice and keep continuing what I’m doing. I guess these things are going to take a lot of time and effort in order to succeed. Let’s just hope for the best…

Regards, AJ

Mate, Every good things take time, you just have to be more persistent. Take love <3

On 7/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, sirleewho said:

Yes! totally agree with you…

We can’t predict buyer behavior. One may completely differ from another. What we can do is to assess him based on the given information. Most of the time, his/her insights included in the buyer request. Just find out that and write your proposal targeting the key factors identified.

Always be simple.
Address in a friendly and professional manner.
Read the request carefully and specially mention something there.
Provide references to your previous work/samples whenever possible.

All above is based on my personal experience on Fiverr.

Stay connected…! All the best!

There are several ways to initiate a buyer request so I’ll offer just one to keep this as simple as I can.

• If you’ve had difficulty finding just the right seller or you have a unique request, you can go directly to the request area by clicking on your Username at the top of the regular Fiverr page, selecting My Orders and then selecting Request a Gig. Then click the big green button to Request a Gig.

• You have a brief 120 characters to describe your need. You will also select a category and a subcategory.

• I’ve seen many Buyer Requests that were typed out in a hurry. That’s it. I assume this is due to folks who get frustrated and just stop there, click categories and submit. This isn’t going to work well since a seller reading it will have about a third of the information needed.

• Another common mistake buyers make is to write something like this ‘I want the writer, native USA English to write weekly. MUST send samples or be ignored.’ This is going to yield very frustrating results if you get answers. Sellers have VERY limited options to reply to you and they cannot message you directly except in a brief field they are given. They may think “I don’t know how to send you samples” and they either respond with a mismatched gig and get ignored, or they just don’t respond to you at all.

• If you can’t summarize what you want with a few words, few demands and in readable text - you will probably end up with little to go on. Elaborating can be done AFTER you get seller offers.

• When submitting a buyer request, here is one way to do it well. Write a brief request that is to the point. The clarification comes later!

• You may get a lot of responses but most will be easily discarded. You can eliminate fast by excluding:

-People who reply to your request but cannot write coherently can be avoided.

-People who respond but they have no gigs even CLOSE to your request and didn’t write any message.

Thanks
@wasimseo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived