Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

Why do you think Fiverr does that?

To make it harder for buyers to find what they want to buy?

Or at least for buyers like me looking for the most qualified and time tested sellers.

Not all searches are like that however. Some have more experienced sellers mixed in.

What’s the risk/reward ratio behind that game-plan?

If a seller of my caliber has the capacity (and skills) to net fiverr a few hundred dollars a day, how risky is it to move me to the bottom just so they can discover whether a new user with 0 sales can do the same?

Risky as in: they will stop getting the money I surely could make them.

So… to make it harder for Fiverr to make money?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a seller of my caliber has the capacity (and skills) to net fiverr a few hundred dollars a day, how risky is it to move me to the bottom just so they can discover whether a new user with 0 sales can do the same?

yeap even in just month fiverr earn nearly 1k$ from as just commission why he want to loose his earning from potential sellers

Frank that’s exactly how I feel too. I have higher prices than most sellers in my category and people are happy to pay them. Not all of course, but enough.

I’m wondering if fiverr values quantity even if the sales are lower priced.

There have been a few times I have been flooded with sales and many of them are the highest possible prices for my gigs. Fiverr knows what kind of sales I’m capable of.

So it makes me wonder when I see sellers who only charge $10 or even $30 with few reviews on the top.

yeap even in just month fiverr earn nearly 1k$ from as just commission why he want to loose his earning from potential sellers

I honestly can’t understand what you just wrote.

@misscrystal

We are overlooking something for sure.

Like for instance: there is no way Fiverr hasn’t programmed its algo to also consider dependencies.

So if you and me rake in all the sales, but we catch a cold and are unable to work for a week, what happens then?

Also, what happened in the past with TRS sellers was that they felt like they were untouchable, and we have some examples of sellers who started being arrogant and mistreated buyers.

I honestly can’t understand what you just wrote.

@misscrystal

We are overlooking something for sure.

Like for instance: there is no way Fiverr hasn’t programmed its algo to also consider dependencies.

So if you and me rake in all the sales, but we catch a cold and are unable to work for a week, what happens then?

Also, what happened in the past with TRS sellers was that they felt like they were untouchable, and we have some examples of sellers who started being arrogant and mistreated buyers.

I’ve only gone out of office for two times in the hospital for less than four days, and once for a week during a hurricane. In over 7 years. Nor do I mistreat customers. So hopefully I don’t get lumped into those categories of sellers who aren’t reliable. I even have two internet services in case one goes down.

I do see a few sellers who stay on the top rows in my category and I can’t tell why.

My clients are very happy as well.

I’ve only gone out of office for two times in the hospital for less than four days, and once for a week during a hurricane. In over 7 years. Nor do I mistreat customers. So hopefully I don’t get lumped into those categories of sellers who aren’t reliable. I even have two internet services in case one goes down.

I do see a few sellers who stay on the top rows in my category and I can’t tell why.

My clients are very happy as well.

All I was saying was that Fiverr’s algorithm may take into account several things when it rotates results.

As for the “top row” comment, I think that may just be what Fiverr shows you personally.

Given your category, status and terms of your query.

P.S. I too have 2 separate internet connections!

An optical fiber one and a VSDL one for backup.

All I was saying was that Fiverr’s algorithm may take into account several things when it rotates results.

As for the “top row” comment, I think that may just be what Fiverr shows you personally.

Given your category, status and terms of your query.

P.S. I too have 2 separate internet connections!

An optical fiber one and a VSDL one for backup.

I know when I’m on the top I earn quite a bit more than if I’m not. It’s a huge difference.

My two internet providers are the only two in this area. And like you, they are two different delivery methods.

I know when I’m on the top I earn quite a bit more than if I’m not. It’s a huge difference.

My two internet providers are the only two in this area. And like you, they are two different delivery methods.

OK so this is where it gets weird:

I recently got the “Fiverr’s choice” badge on one of my gigs.

That gig was already Placed rather high on 2-3 keyword combos.

Do you know how many sales that got me?

That was underwhelming to say the least.

Something is up for sure.

@insects44

Very much needfully information.

Thank you.

Could you please suggest that

1. Within how many days should edit the gigs ?
  2. How much number of gigs can be edit at same day.
  3. Which parts of gig should edit? Example: Title, description, tags, price.
  • Within how many days should edit the gigs ?
  • How much number of gigs can be edit at same day.
  • Which parts of gig should edit? Example: Title, description, tags, price.

I can assure you @insects44 is not in a position to provide you with the recipe you seek.

OK so this is where it gets weird:

I recently got the “Fiverr’s choice” badge on one of my gigs.

That gig was already Placed rather high on 2-3 keyword combos.

Do you know how many sales that got me?

That was underwhelming to say the least.

Something is up for sure.

I had a fiverr’s choice badge on my best gig and it didn’t increase sales. I don’t think buyers paid attention to it for some reason.

I had a fiverr’s choice badge on my best gig and it didn’t increase sales. I don’t think buyers paid attention to it for some reason.

Well that’s the thing: Fiverr created that badge to promote certain gigs so that they can sell more.

And yet it doesn’t work as intended.

Well that’s the thing: Fiverr created that badge to promote certain gigs so that they can sell more.

And yet it doesn’t work as intended.

It was at least a rare pat on the back from fiverr, which I appreciated.

They have the Amazon’s Choice badge on some products on Amazon, and that does seem to help sales I noticed. But that’s a totally different selling platform type.

Anyway I love my work here and love to be busy. I only wish it would stay busy each month. I pour a lot into this every day.

As I provide high quality work my service charge is much than others. And my clients are ready to pay the price I demand for the quality I give. But when my gig ranked down most of the clients took service from the low qualified seller as they found the irrelevant gig from the search result. Some clients come to me to redo the work because they did not get what they were looking for. I am 100% sure Fiverr mixes the gigs in search results if you don’t believe you can search now and check the result.

I am trying to change my gig description and video etc. Fiverr is keep denying my video with a reason that the voice-over is robotic. The voiceover is clear accent and better than other gigs and my previous video. I resubmitted the video again for the third time and if its rejected my gig will be denied and i have to make a new gig. Bad times and bad luck now adays. Please pray that my gig is accepted by the editorial team.

@insects44

Very much needfully information.

Thank you.

Could you please suggest that

1. Within how many days should edit the gigs ?
  2. How much number of gigs can be edit at same day.
  3. Which parts of gig should edit? Example: Title, description, tags, price.

Depends on many factors. I think the best stuff to edit are you tags and gig’s title.

I am trying to change my gig description and video etc. Fiverr is keep denying my video with a reason that the voice-over is robotic. The voiceover is clear accent and better than other gigs and my previous video. I resubmitted the video again for the third time and if its rejected my gig will be denied and i have to make a new gig. Bad times and bad luck now adays. Please pray that my gig is accepted by the editorial team.

Made this gig video change as i was also facing this problem of gig placement. Please pray. I am quite worried. All my reviews will be gone from gig.

As I provide high quality work my service charge is much than others. And my clients are ready to pay the price I demand for the quality I give. But when my gig ranked down most of the clients took service from the low qualified seller as they found the irrelevant gig from the search result. Some clients come to me to redo the work because they did not get what they were looking for. I am 100% sure Fiverr mixes the gigs in search results if you don’t believe you can search now and check the result.

I am not arguing the fact, nor I am in disbelief.

I charge quite a bit more than you and I have noticed the same thing.

What I am doing is asking you questions to understand your reasoning behind your claims.

Nothing more.

What if, and hear me out, Fiverr stopped looking for higher priced gigs, but has decided that cheaper gigs that sell well are more preferable?

I mean when someone buys from me for $4,000, Fiverr stands to make $800.

But it also takes me 20-25 days to get the video made, plus what if the buyer needs revisions or are slow to respond?

Also there is a higher risk if the buyer is not happy or if s refund is requested (either via charge back or if I underperform)

What if Fiverr prefers to make that $800 in 4 days, from a lot more sales based on cheaper gigs?

Archived