Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

@frank_d, He thinks algorithm is randomized. If it was randomized, then I wouldn’t always be on first row, except if I had the best luck ever.

The algorithm isn’t random, but by nature it is coded to appear random, even though it is most definitely not.

Fiverr’s algorithm is its most valuable IP, it’s being tweaked constantly to make sure it works efficiently.

And herein lies the problem:

Sellers think efficiency means to rank the best sellers to the top and keep them there.

Whereas from Fiverr’s POV efficiency is streamlining profit and 0 friction between clicking and buying.

The sooner people realize that, the less moaning we’ll have on the forum.

@insects44 so you are always on the first row of search results?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The algorithm isn’t random, but by nature it is coded to appear random, even though it is most definitely not.

Fiverr’s algorithm is its most valuable IP, it’s being tweaked constantly to make sure it works efficiently.

And herein lies the problem:

Sellers think efficiency means to rank the best sellers to the top and keep them there.

Whereas from Fiverr’s POV efficiency is streamlining profit and 0 friction between clicking and buying.

The sooner people realize that, the less moaning we’ll have on the forum.

@insects44 so you are always on the first row of search results?

Check this out: WRONG LINK

If I search for it with Loading Animation, it’s randomly there, however, if I search with Loading Gif, I’m in 1-8 spot. (usually 1-st row)

Check this out: WRONG LINK

If I search for it with Loading Animation, it’s randomly there, however, if I search with Loading Gif, I’m in 1-8 spot. (usually 1-st row)

So you do realize that position is dependent on the search terms used.

Do you get 2-5 sales in daily?

If not, then you aren’t appearing as high as you think you are, in the keywords that really should lead to your gig.

This is a long topic and thread. There are a lot of things you could disagree for. If you notice something which is not correct, tag me and tell me what needs to be corrected.

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how I fixed it, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! 🚀

Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it.

Why am I getting demoted?

Fiverr decided to insert a new tactic, which confused a lot of sellers, and they don’t know what to do. Fiverr want’s to give chance to new sellers, that’s why there is always circulation on the first page in the search. A random amount of new sellers are getting promoted on the first page, so they have a little bit of chance to grow into successful sellers.

Fiverr decided to demote old gigs that were not edited for a long time. For example, you may have a thousand of reviews, however, you haven’t updated your gig from a year, Fiverr randomly decides that your gig is old, and boring, and throws it back to the last page, where it will be forgotten if you don’t do anything about it. This is probably a new clean-up strategy to remove old gigs from the first pages.

No matter if your gig is active, with a lot of orders in queue, whether you have any rank or not, you lose it in minutes. Then you have to regain everything again the way you started, however this time it must be easier because you have reviews.

This didn’t seem to occur before, so I think there is a change that has been made in the algorithm.

How do I get on the first page again?

First, make sure you are searching for your gig right. If you search you gig with “animation”, it may not be on first place, however, if you search it with “loading animation”, it may be in the first place! If you tried every possible search and you couldn’t find your gig, then you may continue reading this thread.

SUMMARY, if you don't have time to read this topic:

If you have tried everything, editing your gig, tags, images, video… and nothing worked, the best thing for you, if you are one of those sellers with a lot of orders getting demoted is buyer requests. If you have more time to read, continue reading, and find out yourself…

I contacted support about this issue and they answered exactly what I expected:

Regularly refresh your Gigs with new photos and descriptions

Before I tell you what I did, let me show you the results of it:

This is my gig:

These are my tags:

screenshot_427

And this is my spot in the search when I search for “Loading GIF and GIF loading animation”:

Tags are the main reason I’m there. I purposely thought of every input possible and set my tags to the most common inputs I thought I buyer would type.

My 5 tags, which are Loading, Animation, Gif, Animated, Logo, can form a lot of searches. For example, my 5 tags can form those phrases: GIF, Loading GIF, Animated logo GIF, Animated GIF, Loading Animation, Logo animation GIF.

The search algorithm is NOT based on SEO, and any SEO will not affect your gig’s rank. At least, that’s what I think. If I’m wrong, here is how to improve SEO. If you use tags that people will never type in the search bar, you aren’t gonna get in front.

Click me for SEO stuff:

Make sure your tags are what people will search in the search bar. Then:

1. Use tags all separated, no two words in one tag. Try to use synonyms instead of 2-worded tags. This is what I use:

screenshot_418

2. Use your tags in your title:

screenshot_419

3. Use more of your tags in your description, without making them way too many (I tried my best to add as many tags as possible without making it too much):

Once you edit a gig, it may disappear from the search for about 24 hours, but you have a chance to get it in front of other gigs once it appears again. If your gig becomes viral (receives a lot of orders), NEVER edit your gig, as it may go back in the search results page.

The most important step: BE ACTIVE!

Once you update your gig, as CS recommended, I really doubt that it will immediately go in front of others. I think the only solution is more activity from us, the sellers. If you got demoted, I recommend you to actively start using buyer requests.

One more thing which may help is nice test results. Take the tests you can, so you get more attention.

ATTENTION! None of this guarantees you coming back from hell to heaven. You should be really active in order to do so. You should be doing everything you possibly could think of to correct your gigs, including correcting your gig’s spelling, grammar, using buyer requests, sharing your gig somewhere, where the audience might be interested, and so on.

@nikavoice, @misscrystal, @sarikaverma007, @bodmas, @sameed_webdev, @fittranslate, @toner2d, @oyinstudio, @cyaxrex, @eoinfinnegan, and all others which I didn’t mention, Thank you all of sharing info with me! I think it would have been impossible without you. Thanks for the votes in the poll too! I learned from your experiences to create this giant conclusion. Here are the results from the poll:

I already know there are a lot of mistakes, this is such a big post that I can’t make sure everything is correct. I will appreciate if you tell me if you spot something! Please, give a like for my hard work, I wanna see your support! ❤️

Yep, of course. @misscrystal, reminded me, and I wrote this in my topic.

First, make sure you are searching for your gig right. If you search you gig with “animation”, it may not be on first place, however, if you search it with “loading animation”, it may be in the first place! If you tried every possible search and you couldn’t find your gig, then you may continue reading this thread.

So you do realize that position is dependent on the search terms used.

Do you get 2-5 sales in daily?

If not, then you aren’t appearing as high as you think you are, in the keywords that really should lead to your gig.

Ok, something is wrong with my screen recorder, try it yourself. Type loading gif and it will almost always be there.

Ok, something is wrong with my screen recorder, try it yourself. Type loading gif and it will almost always be there.

So? Do you get sales on a daily basis?

If not, then chances are people aren’t looking for that specific key phrase.

So? Do you get sales on a daily basis?

If not, then chances are people aren’t looking for that specific key phrase.

I get order pretty often. I think they find me through “loading animaton”. It works too, but not always on first row.

I think Fiverr has no algorithm. They just move gigs irrelevantly.

OK let’s say fo argument’s sake your statement is true.

In your opinion, how does it work?

Is it a bunch of people in front of screens just moving gigs around?

When you create a gig you select a category. Your gig appears based on the category. When you search on the marketplace you got a mix of the old and new gig. This is it. There is no advanced rank factor or anything like this. Sometimes they promote gigs in a different location and on that period you get the most order. The algorithm, search engine factor, relevant, and other words work with google, not in Fiverr.

When you create a gig you select a category. Your gig appears based on the category. When you search on the marketplace you got a mix of the old and new gig. This is it. There is no advanced rank factor or anything like this. Sometimes they promote gigs in a different location and on that period you get the most order. The algorithm, search engine factor, relevant, and other words work with google, not in Fiverr.

So you actually think that other than the category your gig is in, the only other ranking factor is just the keywords the buyer will use to search?

Ranking factors:
I can’t tell any particular outstanding thing that matters that affects rank when I look at the top gigs in the ranks.
They may or may not have the searched terms in the description or title.

The fact that what we see is not necessarily what others see doesn’t help to figure it out.

So you actually think that other than the category your gig is in, the only other ranking factor is just the keywords the buyer will use to search?

Yes, the keyword and the category is the main factor. As Fiverr mixes the gigs there is no guarantee where your gig will appear. It may be in the first place or on the last page.

Yes, the keyword and the category is the main factor. As Fiverr mixes the gigs there is no guarantee where your gig will appear. It may be in the first place or on the last page.

As Fiverr mixes the gigs there is no guarantee where your gig will appear.

You still haven’t given me an explanation of how you think Fiverr mixes gigs up each time and why.

Some gigs in the first 5 rows have some carefully done seo work using the keywords several times in the description. Other’s don’t have that.

I’ve seen some gigs in the top rows on page one with the keywords mentioned about five times and others without the keywords mentioned at all.

Another great example of gig on a first page.

I have no words.

Irony is, CS says, there might be sellers performing better than you so they’re placed above you in search. Meanwhile, all I can see is most gigs have 0 reviews or reviews that were posted years ago.

We sellers, with hundreds of reviews and a great track record, can’t even find our gigs by searching with title let alone the keywords.

Fiverr CS won’t accept their faulty algorithm

As Fiverr mixes the gigs there is no guarantee where your gig will appear.

You still haven’t given me an explanation of how you think Fiverr mixes gigs up each time and why.

Ok, If you search a keyword in the search result you may find the best selling gig on the last page. And non professional and new gig on the first page. This is a very common issue. Fiverr give space to new seller. This is why they mix the gig. It’s easy for new seller to get order on fiverr.

Ok, If you search a keyword in the search result you may find the best selling gig on the last page. And non professional and new gig on the first page. This is a very common issue. Fiverr give space to new seller. This is why they mix the gig. It’s easy for new seller to get order on fiverr.

Why do you think Fiverr does that?

@misscrystal @insects44 @frank_d This issue is not new i found some 2019 post they are also blaming regarding that issue and i have find some answers in these post and going to try them you here is the post Gigs moved from first page to last page
My all 6 gigs showing on last page i am level 2 seller
All gigs are suddenly at last page
Why does my Gigs are showing Fiverr in the last page When I search with specific keywords?

@misscrystal @insects44 @frank_d This issue is not new i found some 2019 post they are also blaming regarding that issue and i have find some answers in these post and going to try them you here is the post Gigs moved from first page to last page

Why does my Gigs are showing Fiverr in the last page When I search with specific keywords?

I am on this platform since 2013, I can also find posts dating further back than your examples.

This issue is from back then, however, back then people didn’t get demoted for no reason, if I remember correctly.

This issue is from back then, however, back then people didn’t get demoted for no reason, if I remember correctly.

Demoted? As in levels?

Or position in search results?

What was the reason for “demotion” back then according to you?

To make it harder for buyers to find what they want to buy?

Or at least for buyers like me looking for the most qualified and time tested sellers.

Not all searches are like that however. Some have more experienced sellers mixed in.

Archived