Gig from first to last page, Search Algorithm Problem - HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!

insects44

poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Asia
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Americas
    • Australia

I update my gigs 2 times in a month. Ranked on page 1 on 5 searching tags. Have Level 2. But suddenly all my gigs gone worse. Even my gigs are not showing in searching tags without any filter.

But suddenly all my gigs gone worse. Even my gigs are not showing in searching tags without any filte

everyone is facing that your gigs are on last page

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone changed some things and was put on the last page then about a week later they are on the first page. I have to conclude there is some human intervention when one jumps from last page to first page.

Someone changed some things and was put on the last page then about a week later they are on the first page. I have to conclude there is some human intervention when one jumps from last page to first page.

But me and many other sellers are still on last page let see what happen when i am promoted to level on 15

@insects44 you are missing a very crucial piece of information.

The algorithm is looking to serve relevant gigs to buyers.

Old gigs that the algo now deems irrelevant, due to a change in category or a rise in competition will surely be pushed down and editing will be needed to jolt them back for re-evaluation.

But I doubt editing your gigs repeatedly is the trick you think it is and does what you think it does.

You are free of course to do what you think is right for you, and experiment with your business.

We of course thank you for trying to be helpful but you haven’t proved anything nor have enough hard data to back up any of your claims. So I personally think you jumped the gun in sharing your “findings” and giving other users advice on the matter.

Also for the millionth time: search results are dynamic. Location, time of day, category, keywords, we all get served different results. And incognito search doesn’t help you as much as you think to get a proper search result.

My question is, people who have no review in their profile or no review in their gig how they ranked before me? I have the most ratting in my working category. I think Fiverr has no algorithm. They just move gigs irrelevantly. This is what I learnt from my experience.

And there are many example someone with level 2 fiverr moved from page 1 to directly last page

I’m sorry, for the topic had seriously messed up order. I think no one noticed, althought it stayed for 12 hours. My final conclusion is that there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests. It may be true if your tags are bad, you are not gonna be easy to find, however, the main thing for old sellers with a lot of orders getting demoted is buyer requests.

I’m sorry, for the topic had seriously messed up order. I think no one noticed, althought it stayed for 12 hours. My final conclusion is that there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests. It may be true if your tags are bad, you are not gonna be easy to find, however, the main thing for old sellers with a lot of orders getting demoted is buyer requests.

there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests

That’s another blanket statement which you don’t know is true.

I hope you stop that.

Try to word it so you say that for you it seemed that way.

there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests

That’s another blanket statement which you don’t know is true.

I hope you stop that.

Try to word it so you say that for you it seemed that way.

People have tried everything, and nothing worked. Nobody is disabled from using buyer requests. So that’s the only option left.

Also, I said:

My final conclusion is that there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests.

People have tried everything, and nothing worked. Nobody is disabled from using buyer requests. So that’s the only option left.

Also, I said:

My final conclusion is that there is no other way to get back rather than buyer requests.

People have tried everything, and nothing worked.

That’s yet another statement you don’t know is true. And I know it’s not. Please stop. Find a way to word it so it’s not presented as a true fact for everyone.

Do you realize there are millions of gigs? You are making these sweeping statements as if you know this is true for everyone.

People have tried everything, and nothing worked.

That’s yet another statement you don’t know is true. And I know it’s not. Please stop. Find a way to word it so it’s not presented as a true fact for everyone.

Do you realize there are millions of gigs? You are making these sweeping statements as if you know this is true for everyone.

I was watching the whole conversation. If you find someone who tried something and it worked, tell me.

I’m sorry, these are all my conclusions.

I was watching the whole conversation. If you find someone who tried something and it worked, tell me.

I’m sorry, these are all my conclusions.

I had a different experience when it happened to me and someone else on the forum had his gigs moved up to the first page. You cannot speak for all the millions of gigs and sellers as if there is one solution that works.

I’ve been on your side this entire time but even I can’t go along with this.

I had a different experience when it happened to me and someone else on the forum had his gigs moved up to the first page. You cannot speak for all the millions of gigs and sellers as if there is one solution that works.

I’ve been on your side this entire time but even I can’t go along with this.

This is only my conclusion, since I have no other prove of anything. Also, I will be interested to know what happened to you.

You can only speak for yourself. No one else. What you experienced is not enough to say it’s universally true.

I’m ok with that. However I’m only sharing my conclusion from what I read on this thread. For the person who got back, I need to know what happened to him too if possible. Who is he?

Also, I said:

Nobody is disabled from using buyer requests. So that’s the only option left.

That’s not true at all.

People get moved from last page to first page or last page up in the ranks all the time probably.

When my best selling gig was moved to the last page it was because fiverr didn’t like my main gig image. I changed it and it was moved to the first page.

The one on the forum didn’t mention doing anything and his gig went from last to first.

Nobody is disabled from using buyer requests. So that’s the only option left.

That’s not true at all.

People get moved from last page to first page or last page up in the ranks all the time probably.

When my best selling gig was moved to the last page it was because fiverr didn’t like my main gig image. I changed it and it was moved to the first page.

The one on the forum didn’t mention doing anything and his gig went from last to first.

Sometimes people say they tried everything and nothing worked. Editing images, descripition, tags, prices… However nothing works. I’m talking only for people in this case. If nothing works for you, then the only thing left for you to do is fill buyer requests. I hope customer support can help too, but don’t think so.

Sometimes people say they tried everything and nothing worked. Editing images, descripition, tags, prices… However nothing works. I’m talking only for people in this case. If nothing works for you, then the only thing left for you to do is fill buyer requests. I hope customer support can help too, but don’t think so.

Sometimes people say they tried everything and nothing worked.

I’ve checked 12 gigs people said were on the last page and 10 of them were NOT on the last page at all. They didn’t know how to find their own gigs.

For the other two I didn’t scroll to the last page to find them but didn’t find them in search.

It may be true if your tags are bad, you are not gonna be easy to find,

What about people good tags ?

I’ve checked 12 gigs people said were on the last page and 10 of them were NOT on the last page at all. They didn’t know how to find their own gigs.

For the other two I didn’t scroll to the last page to find them but didn’t find them in search.

Because gigs are invisible it happen with me after that my gig never rank again

Hmm, that’s an interesting case too. I will note that in the topic too.

One of them was on the first page.

People seem to not know what actual tags they are using or how people search to find their gigs or what keywords they are listed under.

They definitely are not scrolling through all the pages to see their gigs on the last page. They are assuming that only because they don’t know what their own keywords are.

One of them was on the first page.

People seem to not know what actual tags they are using or how people search to find their gigs or what keywords they are listed under.

They definitely are not scrolling through all the pages to see their gigs on the last page. They are assuming that only because they don’t know what their own keywords are.

Please, check the topic after the “How do I get on the first page again?” title. Tell me if you agree now and if it is better. I kinda messed up the info, however, I think it’s all ok now.

I just found this post, it’s basically the same stuff, but I didn’t know about it. I think he mainly relies on SEO. I am not sure if it actually works thought:

We’ve all seen these posts here on the forum from time to time. Many sellers have the same question: “Why isn’t my gig visible when I search for it?” and “What’s up with Fiverr’s algorithm? My gig is on the last page!!!”. In this post I’ll try to answer those questions, and give some (hopefully) helpful tips and tricks to help you rank your gig in Fiverr Search, and get more orders and better visibility. This isn’t a full-proof guide in any way. Following these tips doesn’t guarantee top plac…

My question is, people who have no review in their profile or no review in their gig how they ranked before me? I have the most ratting in my working category. I think Fiverr has no algorithm. They just move gigs irrelevantly. This is what I learnt from my experience.

I think Fiverr has no algorithm. They just move gigs irrelevantly.

OK let’s say fo argument’s sake your statement is true.

In your opinion, how does it work?

Is it a bunch of people in front of screens just moving gigs around?

I think Fiverr has no algorithm. They just move gigs irrelevantly.

OK let’s say fo argument’s sake your statement is true.

In your opinion, how does it work?

Is it a bunch of people in front of screens just moving gigs around?

@frank_d, He thinks algorithm is randomized. If it was randomized, then I wouldn’t always be on first row, except if I had the best luck ever.

Archived