Your vote is very valuable

poll  

268 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Agree with post
    • Not Agree with post

The whole idea of purchasing online is you buy something and the order starts immediately. Someone doesn’t have any idea of how online sales work.

I can’t understand how anyone can think any buyer wants to be blocked from ordering something until they are forced into a discussion with the seller first, who may or may not even be available to chat.

85% of my sales are impulse buys where someone sees my gig and places the order immediately.

Buyers are not here for our own convenience to be available waiting for us at our own schedule to get around to a discussion with them. The focus is all on the buyer and them being able to simply place the order, spend the money when the urge strikes.

I guarantee if you make them wait even a minute they will change their minds about even wanting what you are selling.

It’s egocentric of any seller to imagine a buyer being so eager for what you are selling they will want to wait on them before they are allowed to order.

The gig requirements section is where you state what you need from the buyer.

The questions and answers section of the gig description is where you state details of what you need from the buyer to complete the order.

When they order you can also send them a fillable PDF form with detailed questions they can fill in so you get a good idea of what they want. You can also make arrangements at that time to have a discussion with them, send questions to their inbox, or do other things needed so you can complete the order. Give your time line extra days also if you need detailed information.

Yes you right buyer never wait because of my response time is 2 minutes hardly I can reply any buyer within 2 minutes That why i can share that experience.

I disagree on this. Some customers looking for a fast delivery. And if they communicate with the Seller, it could take hours to agree on it. Some Buyers don’t have that much time than others.

Yes right but some gig required to read description before ordering like

I am not content writer just provide social media posts but buyer place order and ask me for but both task 😦

Yes right but some gig required to read description before ordering like

I am not content writer just provide social media posts but buyer place order and ask me for but both task 😦

Some Buyers only read first sentences of the description. Try to highlight the message at the top of the description and let them know that they must contact before placing an order. It helped to me, but I had a different situation than this.

Fiverr is made specifically to be different from other sites and the thing you think is a problem is actually what has made Fiverr successful.
Sure, sometimes people ask for things we don’t offer and we need to cancel, but changing the whole system because of a couple of cancelled orders now and then would be crazy and badly affect a lot of sellers. It would likely affect sellers in Asia most as buyers would want to deal with people in their own time zone. This way, people can get orders while they sleep.

What’s wrong ya people? Haven’t you experienced someone buying your gig for something you can’t do? And then you have to cancel? I’m surprised by the poll results.

If you get many orders for stuff you don’t/can’t offer, then there’s a good chance your gig is set up incorrectly.

Pricing is also a factor, sure, as there are bad apples as well, thinking that “well $10 isn’t too high of a risk, no harm in asking for what I want even though the seller doesn’t offer it”.

But the truth is that you need to revisit your offering before you start rallying people up and demanding that Fiverr changed its core model because you can’t handle your side of the business.

If you offer video templates for intros and people order thinking they will get bespoke work, then your gig isn’t clear enough.

It makes sense to work with the tools you have instead of waiting for a global corporation to create a new tool just for you,

If you get many orders for stuff you don’t/can’t offer, then there’s a good chance your gig is set up incorrectly.

Pricing is also a factor, sure, as there are bad apples as well, thinking that “well $10 isn’t too high of a risk, no harm in asking for what I want even though the seller doesn’t offer it”.

But the truth is that you need to revisit your offering before you start rallying people up and demanding that Fiverr changed its core model because you can’t handle your side of the business.

If you offer video templates for intros and people order thinking they will get bespoke work, then your gig isn’t clear enough.

It makes sense to work with the tools you have instead of waiting for a global corporation to create a new tool just for you,

What about animations? Sometimes I can’t do a requested animation and I have to cancel. I am tryina be clear enough, but there are some stupid buyer who don’t really care a lot and purchase without knowing if I’m able to or not

What about animations? Sometimes I can’t do a requested animation and I have to cancel. I am tryina be clear enough, but there are some stupid buyer who don’t really care a lot and purchase without knowing if I’m able to or not

Well I’m sorry to say, but maybe you need to hone in on your skills?

I mean from a bottom line POV does it make sense to send buyers away because you are unable to animate?

There’s a difference between having a buyer come with a super specific task that’s not aligned with your skills.

But from a quick look at your gigs, it looks like you can’t create complex animations.

So you are essentially calling buyers with more complicated projects “stupid” because they order your cheap gigs and look for something else entirely.

Buyers who can potentially spend more since they need bespoke work done.

You need to tweak your gigs so there’s no implying that you can do custom animations, or you need to make the mature decision to improve your skills and then set up a new gig for more expensive projects.

Fiverr’s Moto is just place order in one click how this can be remove not every buyer understand fiverr, a lot of customers just place order and get delivery without sending any message before placing order and we have three packages to explain our delivery details what is included in order and what is not and even we can mention everything in gig description this is easy way to explain better . After all these if buyer needs something more he/she can send message or update order both options are available.

buyer’s always text you related to your gigs if he text u other than your gig you can say sorry he will not order something which is not mentioned in your gig.

Well I’m sorry to say, but maybe you need to hone in on your skills?

I mean from a bottom line POV does it make sense to send buyers away because you are unable to animate?

There’s a difference between having a buyer come with a super specific task that’s not aligned with your skills.

But from a quick look at your gigs, it looks like you can’t create complex animations.

So you are essentially calling buyers with more complicated projects “stupid” because they order your cheap gigs and look for something else entirely.

Buyers who can potentially spend more since they need bespoke work done.

You need to tweak your gigs so there’s no implying that you can do custom animations, or you need to make the mature decision to improve your skills and then set up a new gig for more expensive projects.

Not quite. I didn’t meant exactly that I’m not able to do it, but people purchase my $15 package with requirements for $55, and when I tell them about it, they say: nah, bye.

And for my skills, I don’t wanna do 3D animations. I’m not gonna learn for that. I’m only creating simple animation loaders, that’s what my gig is about.

Not quite. I didn’t meant exactly that I’m not able to do it, but people purchase my $15 package with requirements for $55, and when I tell them about it, they say: nah, bye.

And for my skills, I don’t wanna do 3D animations. I’m not gonna learn for that. I’m only creating simple animation loaders, that’s what my gig is about.

then mention in your gig clearly that message me before placing order and one more thing revisit your packages and improve them so buyer see before placing order what he will receive

Well there is a reason that happens if you want to hear it:

When a buyer purchases the basic package and their needs are covered by the Premium one, that means that you created your packages in a way that:

A) provides no real value

B) strips them of quality if they dare purchase the basic package

I know that because back when I was a rookie I priced my basic package cheap enough so people would consider it, but I delivered in low resolution, didn’t do custom work, short duration, in essence it wasn’t even a fully fleshed product. I quickly realized no one should ever buy my Basic package.

So once again, before calling your buyers “stupid”, you should look at what you offer as a basic package. Maybe it’s not enough.

And when people realize that, they have every right to be like “nah, hard pass”.

I know because it took me a couple of years to realize it myself.

P.S. if your immediate logical step between what you offer now and a step up in quality is “3d animation” then you are missing out on actually improving yourself and your services.

I’m a designer in my experience most of the buyers never read gig description. All they want is tittle and gig portfolio, so I think taking an extra step will be bored. Imagine you find the right guy for your order, and you have to wait while the buyer is reviewing your order requirements. Fiverr never do that

But they need to do something to buyers who order mistakenly or without the proper information. last week I received three orders from the same client, and he wants to cancel 2 of them because he orders those two mistakenly

my order complete rate went down to 92 because of this

Archived