PHOTOBASHING ? I'm SHOCKED!

zylaris

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS IT!!! GOSH!!! It is NOT a commercial license!!! I could be busted for printing it on a book as I was about to do…

So, at this point maybe I should create GIG: “I will… tell you is the image you purchased on Fiverr original or stolen”

And… I am slightly disappointed in you @zylaris. All you had to do is put the image in google search, first-page full-frontal, couple of links to your wizard.

You need to have mentality of the highschool teacher here and respect all students but in the same time know that 99% of them are trying to cheat.

But CC0 or not he still charge you 90$ for free image, so …

Now I am searching for the BG scenery.

So, at this point maybe I should create GIG: “I will… tell you is the image you purchased on Fiverr original or stolen”

And… I am slightly disappointed in you @zylaris. All you had to do is put the image in google search, first-page full-frontal, couple of links to your wizard.

You need to have mentality of the highschool teacher here and respect all students but in the same time know that 99% of them are trying to cheat.

lol Well in the reseach I put “RPG Wizard” and just, but just before I saw your I put it and found it, and came to show it but you had posted it 😉

You are right. I guess maybe it’s a culture thing. I come from a pretty serious country and we don’t expect things like this to happen so it’s new for me and that’s why I got screwed.

I feel better to know that I can use the picture and that the seller respected the copyright issue that is the more important point.

But thank you for your care, I appreciate 😉

he send me the PSD file and I have the 90 layers lol there is grass and some other stuff. The main point was the wizzard. Now the guy is still a lier for telling me that he did it

lol Well in the reseach I put “RPG Wizard” and just, but just before I saw your I put it and found it, and came to show it but you had posted it 😉

You are right. I guess maybe it’s a culture thing. I come from a pretty serious country and we don’t expect things like this to happen so it’s new for me and that’s why I got screwed.

I feel better to know that I can use the picture and that the seller respected the copyright issue that is the more important point.

But thank you for your care, I appreciate 😉

Yes. It is country related. In my country student comes to me with essay. I ask: “Did you write this?”

yes

are you sure

yes yes

aaaaa, interesting

please professor it is my work i did the research

no no no it is ok, the only thing I am having problem with is… this is my work I presented when i was in college, taken from college web site, I know my work

…lol lol lol

so my mind is “Everyone is fraud” and then hope remains

Just last year 5-30 teachers were fired after working in school for over 10-30 years with fake diploma.

When I say I have masters degree they ask How much did you pay for it?

A good indication when it comes to art I’d assume is the delivery time. A good artist who actually draws something for you is most likely not going to deliver within 1 day. Price could also be an indicator.

Yes. It is country related. In my country student comes to me with essay. I ask: “Did you write this?”

yes

are you sure

yes yes

aaaaa, interesting

please professor it is my work i did the research

no no no it is ok, the only thing I am having problem with is… this is my work I presented when i was in college, taken from college web site, I know my work

…lol lol lol

so my mind is “Everyone is fraud” and then hope remains

Just last year 5-30 teachers were fired after working in school for over 10-30 years with fake diploma.

When I say I have masters degree they ask How much did you pay for it?

Waow!! I guess that’s the viewpoint. Anyway with this guy I’m not sure what to do. I lost my money. He realizes that I asked for something better. Will see what he proposes…

A good indication when it comes to art I’d assume is the delivery time. A good artist who actually draws something for you is most likely not going to deliver within 1 day. Price could also be an indicator.

Yes Janai, true… the guy asked me for several days and 250.- I really thought this was a solid artist.

I am sorry, but I think you are right and wrong here.

If I am inspired I can draw wonders in an hour, not 24 hours.

And the price is also not an indicator. I am a new seller. I have no option but to fish in the shallow pool.

Honestly, @zylaris would you hire a new no review seller for this task at this price?

No.

I am sorry, but I think you are right and wrong here.

If I am inspired I can draw wonders in an hour, not 24 hours.

And the price is also not an indicator. I am a new seller. I have no option but to fish in the shallow pool.

Honestly, @zylaris would you hire a new no review seller for this task at this price?

No.

I hired 2 sellers for extra ordinary works. this one and another one. I was willing to pay a kick-ass artist for a kick-ass job. He had 9 positive reviews. But I didn’t know Fiverr had guys like that. So the answer is no, I wouldn’t!

Ok, I just learned something fricking incredible that shocked me!!

I have this artist who is doing great painting for me in 24 hours. They aren’t of great quality but as landscapes they are fine and I asked for commercial use as it is for a boardgame.

Anyway, I got 3 jobs and asked for 6 more. There is one of a dark fantasy forest and as I show it to a colleague I see a ©M… on the bottom right. WTF???

I had approuved the delivery already and I ask what that ©M is doing there, her answer: “Oh it’s Photobashing”. Photowhat???

In fact the artist took parts of other images from the internet and cut parts of 3 or 4 pictures and put it together as one composition, couple of brushes and sent it to me. Yep, that how she did it soo fast so well.

Now I’m stock. Is that legal? can I get in trouble? She gave me commercial rights, so what could happen. Is that a “new” painting or it copyright infringement.

I’m really woundering about this website. more then 50% of the artists that I contacted are faking something and the problem is that I’m going to print commercial with it.

Any data on the subject?

thank you!

I have this artist who is doing great painting for me in 24 hours.

But as a seller on fiverr you don’t really work 7 days a week bursting with inspiration right? I mean what I can do in 24 hours is completely different from what a freelance artist can do in 24 hours for sure, but I almost don’t believe that a really good artist won’t have orders lined up for at least a few days, but I really have no idea how artists handle working on fiverr anyways.

But as a seller on fiverr you don’t really work 7 days a week bursting with inspiration right? I mean what I can do in 24 hours is completely different from what a freelance artist can do in 24 hours for sure, but I almost don’t believe that a really good artist won’t have orders lined up for at least a few days, but I really have no idea how artists handle working on fiverr anyways.

let me show you an exemple :

Orchodorei.thumb.jpg.998bedf517d986a13475a103bfa797bd.jpg
Orchodorei2000×1200 598 KB

that picture took the person 1-2 days. The only problem is that it comes from different pictures.113647349_Illustration_sans_titre3.JPG.d9a05248ef9eb52d15d05cbade3b31cc.JPG

This last one I did it in less than 20 min and I am NOT a painter, artist or anything like that…

So a skilled artist can pop this in a day I guess

that picture took the person 1-2 days. The only problem is that it comes from different pictures.Illustration_sans_titre 3

This last one I did it in less than 20 min and I am NOT a painter, artist or anything like that…

The last one made in 20 minutes was photobashing from 3 different picture lol

a really good artist won’t have orders lined up for at least a few days

How about week of no orders, and all reviews are saying I am superb? As zylaris said, who will hire me if I have no reviews? You only gain momentum… I do not know when, I am still waiting.

that picture took the person 1-2 days. The only problem is that it comes from different pictures.Illustration_sans_titre 3

Fair enough, but what are you going to do now then?

Fair enough, but what are you going to do now then?

I just contacted the Customer services to report the copyright issue as per the link from marinapomorac show evidence of misleading and copyright infringement.

I will see what the seller has to offer and take from there. I know there are great artist there, I just need to find one that can make illustrations about my game “Tales of Tamaria” and get a few drawings. I was planned and am still planing to print the art made with personal credits to all artists contributing and that gonna be printed in several thousands brochures and games, so to an artist it’s pretty cool! Except that I’m not willing to back-up people like that, only honest artist, I love them!

so will see…

Good to know you are safe legally, but seriously, that is not a $250 job. Hope you can get atleast partial refund or some other compensation for this.

Thank you, I agree with you, Something needs to be done about it!

I just contacted the Customer services to report the copyright issue as per the link from marinapomorac show evidence of misleading and copyright infringement.

I will see what the seller has to offer and take from there. I know there are great artist there, I just need to find one that can make illustrations about my game “Tales of Tamaria” and get a few drawings. I was planned and am still planing to print the art made with personal credits to all artists contributing and that gonna be printed in several thousands brochures and games, so to an artist it’s pretty cool! Except that I’m not willing to back-up people like that, only honest artist, I love them!

so will see…

only honest artist,

My colleague told me “Honesty will keep you poor, Marina”.

He is right. While I am honest and struggling, he is buying his third apartment with swimming pool.

only honest artist,

My colleague told me “Honesty will keep you poor, Marina”.

He is right. While I am honest and struggling, he is buying his third apartment with swimming pool.

That’s a whole philosophical subject. Honesty = happiness. the more honest you are the more happy you are. Clean conscience is a great feeling that is hard to maintain sometimes. It’s easier to be dishonest. I saw many people in my line of duty with tons of money, feeling guilty, with divorce on their face, drinking alcohol but they still tell me how “Happy” they are. Bullshit! I’m a very happy man and it ain’t always easy to keep up with it. But when I rest, I rest well. I have many friends on who I can count and who count on me. So don’t listen to that false datum. Dishonesty does make you rich, it gets you unsecured and can make you killed. Honestly might seem to get you less rich on the short story but you will live happier and longer. True!!!

That’s a whole philosophical subject. Honesty = happiness. the more honest you are the more happy you are. Clean conscience is a great feeling that is hard to maintain sometimes. It’s easier to be dishonest. I saw many people in my line of duty with tons of money, feeling guilty, with divorce on their face, drinking alcohol but they still tell me how “Happy” they are. Bullshit! I’m a very happy man and it ain’t always easy to keep up with it. But when I rest, I rest well. I have many friends on who I can count and who count on me. So don’t listen to that false datum. Dishonesty does make you rich, it gets you unsecured and can make you killed. Honestly might seem to get you less rich on the short story but you will live happier and longer. True!!!

Longer, maybe, happier, debatable.

Nothing to be happy when you can’t afford normal living conditions for your kid due to having principles and integrity.

My daughter needs a house and room to sleep in, a kitchen to cook in, living room to watch TV with her friends.

My integrity brings her nothing substantial.

When she goes to school, and her friends ask her why she doesn’t have a home to live in, and she says, “My mother has integrity instead” I do not think people will respond: " That’s amazing, good for you!"

Your seller tricked you and got caught. He will lose 250. Take that from 3000$ a month he will make from buyers who will not look this up, who will never know he is selling artwork from the internet, your refund is nothing to him.

Longer, maybe, happier, debatable.

Nothing to be happy when you can’t afford normal living conditions for your kid due to having principles and integrity.

My daughter needs a house and room to sleep in, a kitchen to cook in, living room to watch TV with her friends.

My integrity brings her nothing substantial.

When she goes to school, and her friends ask her why she doesn’t have a home to live in, and she says, “My mother has integrity instead” I do not think people will respond: " That’s amazing, good for you!"

Your seller tricked you and got caught. He will lose 250. Take that from 3000$ a month he will make from buyers who will not look this up, who will never know he is selling artwork from the internet, your refund is nothing to him.

Yes, but if fiverr has any integrity at all, they will close his account. Sooner or later, he will be caught and that will definitely influence if not destroy his business.

There are many people, the majority of the successful sellers, in my opinion who make decent if not even very high level of income by doing stuff professionally, transparently, without tricking people, and delivering quality work. Just because this guy made money that way doesnt mean we all need to work like that and that is some kind of industry tendance.

@zylaris I am very very much interested how will customer support react to this phototricksterbashing.

Yes, but if fiverr has any integrity at all, they will close his account. Sooner or later, he will be caught and that will definitely influence if not destroy his business.

There are many people, the majority of the successful sellers, in my opinion who make decent if not even very high level of income by doing stuff professionally, transparently, without tricking people, and delivering quality work. Just because this guy made money that way doesnt mean we all need to work like that and that is some kind of industry tendance.

@zylaris I am very very much interested how will customer support react to this phototricksterbashing.

Yes, but if fiverr has any integrity at all,

Having integrity and multimillionaire successful business sometimes doesn’t go hand in hand.

At the moment Fiverr has 200000 sellers minimum that are 100% fraudulent (selling without skills), and most of them joined during quarantine out of despair, but even in old days, I have discovered Level 1, level 2 and TRS sellers that sell stolen artwork, materials or services and scam people.

In the same time you have buyers who want this. They want cheap service that is data/design or whatever stolen by fiverr seller for them.

There are many people, the majority of the successful sellers, in my opinion who make decent if not even very high level of income by doing stuff professionally, transparently, without tricking people, and delivering quality work.

Yes, true. But it is sad that they are losing money to the scammers who get hired due to buyers not knowing Fiverr has frauds on site equally standing next to clean sellers.

Archived