Very late and fiverr doesn't allow to extend the delivery time

sam_lisa

I have a order that got very late since I was in hospital for one month. My client has agreed to extend the time and avoid late delivery. But fiverr resolution center doesn’t allow to extend the time now. Only modify or cancel. What should I do. Please help.

• Like 5

Fiverr is correct. Your order went late. You cannot extend late orders. You can either modify/complete it, or cancel it and refund the purchase price to the buyer.

Hi thanks for the reply. I can complete it. but is there a way avoid late. even my client agreed to give enough time as I want due to the pandemic situation.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Hi thanks for the reply. I can complete it. but is there a way avoid late. even my client agreed to give enough time as I want due to the pandemic situation.

If the order has already gone late (because it wasn’t delivered on time), then, unfortuantely, the order remains in late status until delivered.

• Like 5

At this point there’s no way to avoid “late” - Fiverr won’t allow an order to be extended over a month. All orders can only take up to 30 days.

You have two options: the first is to agree with your buyer to cancel and then for them to order again, which will give you a hit to the “delivered on time” stat and the “completion” stat.

Alternatively, you can - if it’s still possible - do the work, deliver it … and take the one hit to your “delivered on time” stat.

Either way you’re going to take a hit.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fiverr is correct. Your order went late. You cannot extend late orders. You can either modify/complete it, or cancel it and refund the purchase price to the buyer.

Actually you can ask for an extension if the order is late or very late.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, donnovan86 said:

Actually you can ask for an extension if the order is late or very late.

Do I have to contact Fiverr to do so? Also I can't see extend time option in the resolution center

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chet_kd said:

Do I have to contact Fiverr to do so? Also I can't see extend time option in the resolution center

I assume that's not possible anymore for you. But generally if the order is late, you can ask for an extension. If you don't have the option to extend the deadline anymore, I can only ask, how many days is this order late? Is it more than a month?

• Like 4
  • Up 1

The worst thing that could happen is that the buyer cancels one-sidedly, which they get the option for, once an order is in "Very Late" status, as that will result in an automatic one-star review, without the buyer having the option to do anything against it, even if they want to (for example, the seller was in hospital, and the buyer would be fine with just cancelling and getting the refund, and not leaving a review in such a case).

If the request time extension option is gone for you, your best option might be to deliver, and hope that the buyer doesn't mind the late delivery too much and won't leave a bad review.

In any case, I'd communicate with the customer ASAP, to say sorry, and let them know why you're so late. You let them down with the delivery date, and it might even be that they can't use the delivery anymore, after all, if it's too late, for example, if it was an article about an event, or press release, or seasonal, or whatever time-sensitive order for them.

There's probably no way to get around taking a hit for your delivered on time rating, which may or may not be fair, depending on whose fault your being late is, and whether you physically were able to request a time extension timely, but at least you have a chance to still deliver the work and not have the buyer cancel with that automatic one-star review effect. They may still give you one star, but if they are okay(ish) with it being late, and like your work, maybe not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1