PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

Everyone must have the right to be on the first page.

No, because quite frankly, most sellers deliver complete and utter garbage. Why should you be on the front page? All your gigs are pretty much identical, you are targeting an over saturated market, and there are other sellers selling similar gigs for more $$$'s.

Why should Fiverr put you on the front page and not someone offering a more diverse range of gigs that will net Fiverr and the sellers in question more money?

You have also proven to Fiverr with this whole "please change the algorithm" petition, that when it comes to the crunch, you choose to moan about how things are unfair (to you) rather than try and find new ways to upscale what you offer here.

There is no logical sense in giving you or any seller a right to be on the front page, sorry.

@cyaxrex I don’t think you get the point. Fiverr is a competition. Depends on how well you do, you gain more rank, and you go in front of others. Right?

If you have hundreds of happy customers with hundreds of 5-star reviews, I think it sounds fair that you should be in front of someone with 10 reviews. Also, if you are a new seller, you should be able to gain some attention as well, and I agree with that, however, this doesn’t mean a top seller should get demoted to the last spot. (This makes no sense to me)

New sellers have other ways to grow too, for example, buyer requests.

I am gonna be surprised if you have something to say against that.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the algorithm worked the way you say you want it to, you would never have been near the first page. You are here 4 years with 170 reviews - that’s low. There are many who would be ahead of you. So with your system, you would have no chance. Instead, because of how the algorithm works, top sellers have been moved back and that gave you a chance. Now you are complaining about the exact thing that got you sales…

A summary of all algorithm complaints is “Fiverr, put me at the front forever please cos I am a good boy and my mom says I’m special”.

@cyaxrex I don’t think you get the point. Fiverr is a competition. Depends on how well you do, you gain more rank, and you go in front of others. Right?

If you have hundreds of happy customers with hundreds of 5-star reviews, I think it sounds fair that you should be in front of someone with 10 reviews. Also, if you are a new seller, you should be able to gain some attention as well, and I agree with that, however, this doesn’t mean a top seller should get demoted to the last spot. (This makes no sense to me)

I said:

Also, if you are a new seller, you should be able to gain some attention as well, and I agree with that

However, this doesn’t mean that top sellers should get demoted to last page and be forgotten forever. @bodmas said:

but it should have been equally for all sellers to be on rotation.

And I totally agree with that.

Also, Wtf is this:

A summary of all algorithm complaints is “Fiverr, put me at the front forever please cos I am a good boy and my mom says I’m special”.

Pls, don’t bully me like that.

I said:

Also, if you are a new seller, you should be able to gain some attention as well, and I agree with that

However, this doesn’t mean that top sellers should get demoted to last page and be forgotten forever. @bodmas said:

Also, Wtf is this:

As I said, the system you want would affect you badly. You are wishing for something that will put you on page 7 or whatever and occasionally give you a day or two on page 1.

Whether you are on page 7 or 52 makes very little difference. Why do you care if it’s last page or 7th? Why not focus on less competitive keywords, promote yourself and bring your own buyers, ensure you get repeat buyers by adding complementary services etc. The moment you stop relying on the Fiverr algorithm for sales is the moment you can relax and actually get somewhere.

Oh please… grow up.

As I said, the system you want would affect you badly. You are wishing for something that will put you on page 7 or whatever and occasionally give you a day or two on page 1.

Whether you are on page 7 or 52 makes very little difference. Why do you care if it’s last page or 7th? Why not focus on less competitive keywords, promote yourself and bring your own buyers, ensure you get repeat buyers by adding complementary services etc. The moment you stop relying on the Fiverr algorithm for sales is the moment you can relax and actually get somewhere.

Oh please… grow up.

It’s better for me to be occasionally a day or two on page №1 instead of being forgotten forever, which is happening to some successful sellers. Why does it happen to them?

Did you check your gig’s status?

Yes. It says that it´s live (I can access from link), but no other way to find my Gig or me, in search or in category.

Already have another answer from CS, the opened a ticket for developers. I´m waiting response

Thx

I could say lots of things. However, as it is, I don’t need to.

You are here 4 years with 170 reviews - that’s low. There are many who would be ahead of you. So with your system, you would have no chance. Instead, because of how the algorithm works, top sellers have been moved back and that gave you a chance. Now you are complaining about the exact thing that got you sales…

Because this pretty much sums it up.

265066_2.png bodmas:

And now you are just being silly.

THINK LOGICALLY.

If every seller gets rotated to the first page of search results, you are talking about an ever-increasing number of sellers getting rotated to and away from the first page faster every day.

If that happens, search exposure is going to be minimal for everyone and you are going to be here every other day whining about how Fiverr needs to give you more time on the first page because you have been here longer, etc.

You would also take away any incentive for most people to sell here. I don’t want to know I will only get sales every few weeks when it is my turn on the front page again.

Mod Note: Post edited.

@cyaxrex, @eoinfinnegan, If you guys still don’t get this, here is a clearer explanation:

Idk, what is happening with Fiverr right now. There is an algorithm, which demotes top sellers to the last pages. Why? Cuz new sellers have to be promoted?

If yes, then why would top sellers go on last page? If new sellers are getting promoted, then you get demoted from the first page’s top to bottom. And then after a week or so get back to your spot again, right? This will allow new sellers to get noticed.

However what is currently happening, is that top sellers, with hundreds of reviews, get demoted to last page and are forgotten forever. Is that how the search algorithm is supposed to work? Am I supposed suddenly to go to last page and loose my job forever?

I am currently doing well, however I’m fighting for those who aren’t.

@cyaxrex, @eoinfinnegan, If you guys still don’t get this, here is a clearer explanation:

Idk, what is happening with Fiverr right now. There is an algorithm, which demotes top sellers to the last pages. Why? Cuz new sellers have to be promoted?

If yes, then why would top sellers go on last page? If new sellers are getting promoted, then you get demoted from the first page’s top to bottom. And then after a week or so get back to your spot again, right? This will allow new sellers to get noticed.

However what is currently happening, is that top sellers, with hundreds of reviews, get demoted to last page and are forgotten forever. Is that how the search algorithm is supposed to work? Am I supposed suddenly to go to last page and loose my job forever?

I am currently doing well, however I’m fighting for those who aren’t.

Am I supposed suddenly to go to last page and loose my job forever?

I went to the last page. No one cared.

I figured how to get back and improve my sales.

Everything you are saying is old news to me.

In either case, I’m not arguing here anymore.

Am I supposed suddenly to go to last page and loose my job forever?

I went to the last page. No one cared.

Everything you are saying is old news to me.

In either case, I’m not arguing here anymore.

Wait what? Tell us how! This is what we need! So much sellers are having bad day right now. Be helpful, please.

Or are you one of those who don’t care about others too? Damn… Cruel world. 😞

I find it hilarious that you are arguing with two former moderators and experienced sellers who have given huge amounts of time to the forum and provided helpful advice for years, yet you are claiming to be the virtuous one who is fighting for the unfortunate while being bullied and attacked.
All because you created one post that is almost identical to hundreds of others and not offering any solutions whatsoever.
Keep up the good work.

I find it hilarious that you are arguing with two former moderators and experienced sellers who have given huge amounts of time to the forum and provided helpful advice for years, yet you are claiming to be the virtuous one who is fighting for the unfortunate while being bullied and attacked.

All because you created one post that is almost identical to hundreds of others and not offering any solutions whatsoever.

Keep up the good work.

not offering any solutions whatsoever.

I would, if I could, however I can’t. I am searching for a solution. If you are moderators and experienced sellers, why don’t you just help a bit?

Keep up the good work.

Something positive, finally. Thx.

Wait what? Tell us how! This is what we need! So much sellers are having bad day right now. Be helpful, please.

Or are you one of those who don’t care about others too? Damn… Cruel world. 😞

Or are you one of those who don’t care about others too?

To me, you are just an insect, sorry. 😉

It’s not a case of not caring. It’s a case of me doing what was right for me. i.e. 2+ weeks of analyzing the search, my competitors, revamping my gigs and tailoring what I offer better to my target market.

Do you really want me to put my life on hold for 2-weeks to do all that for you or the next person who offers something completely different to what I do? Even if you offered the same as me, why would I help my competition?

Pull out your own finger. - Or antenna…

Or are you one of those who don’t care about others too?

It’s not a case of not caring. It’s a case of me doing what was right for me. i.e. 2+ weeks of analyzing the search, my competitors, revamping my gigs and tailoring what I offer better to my target market.

Do you really want me to put my life on hold for 2-weeks to do all that for you or the next person who offers something completely different to what I do? Even if you offered the same as me, why would I help my competition?

OK, I kinda love those jokes. Lol.

World-still-cruel, thought.

not offering any solutions whatsoever.

I would, if I could, however I can’t. I am searching for a solution. If you are moderators and experienced sellers, why don’t you just help a bit?

Keep up the good work.

Something positive, finally. Thx.

why don’t you just help a bit?

I get sick of the constant complaints about the same thing that people have answered many many times before. The fact is that as soon as the algorithm works well for one group of people then there are 10 other groups that will be complaining. There is no perfect algorithm that can keep everyone happy.

Have a scroll through the topics I have created in the past and you will find actual practical advice that anyone can implement themselves without relying on an algorithm.

This post is aimed at getting some ideas about the most common problems we face as sellers.If we can get a lot of people taking part, it will help to identify what kind of posts are most needed. Please tick all the statements below that apply to you or that you agree with. If the poll gets a good response I aim to work hard on some very specific posts that will help with specific issues that people are facing with the aim of increasing sales and the value of sales for us all. Take part and be …
What can you do when your sales have suddenly plummeted? For many people the solution is simple - come on to the forum and complain about something else which “must” have caused this. It is probable that an outside force has caused you to not get as many sales. What is also probable is that you have no control over this “outside force”. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good rant or moan every now and then as much as the next guy but I never expect my moan or rant to actually change anything. When …
In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…
While working on a client project a couple of days ago, I was challenged by much of what I was reading. It was regarding some potentially sweeping changes that were happening and expected to happen in a certain industry and it really got me thinking. There were 2 specific things that I thought might be useful and applicable to any business and for Fiverr sellers. These are things that I have often done but not really thought about them or given them a name. Maybe you will find them useful… Look…

Lots more here too

/user_avatar/forum.fiverr.com/eoinfinnegan/120/193096_2.png

eoinfinnegan

Joined October 24, 2015

Thanks for this poll insects44!
I am struggling for 1.5 months with this issue when our Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views went missing.

It was working well for me when that happened I tried creating multiple new gigs and thought that would help but it didn’t. As a result, I am not receiving any response whatsoever from buyers.

Then I thought maybe try some buyer requests and get some orders going and that would help the gig boost up but it didn’t.

I have decided to keep out from it until they have this issue fixed.

Thanks for this poll insects44!

I am struggling for 1.5 months with this issue when our Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views went missing.

It was working well for me when that happened I tried creating multiple new gigs and thought that would help but it didn’t. As a result, I am not receiving any response whatsoever from buyers.

Then I thought maybe try some buyer requests and get some orders going and that would help the gig boost up but it didn’t.

I have decided to keep out from it until they have this issue fixed.

@sameed_webdev, I feel like the search algorithm bug and this analytics bug have something in common.

SOLUTION HERE:

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how to fix that, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! rocket Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it. Why am I getting demoted?The search algorithm is NO…

Fiverr, please don’t skip this post, as it’s a big issue over a lot of sellers and it means a lot to me and them too.

(I’m not sure if this post is gonna be here for long, as posts like this one usually get deleted or closed fast.)

My summary from the comments:

2/3 of the people had problems with the search algorithm and 1/3 didn’t have any problems.

Although all beggings in the forum and support, Fiverr staff will most likely not pay attention and not fix this problem, because they don’t really care about our struggles. They have their own algorithm and don’t seem to be looking forward to changing it. (Sounds harsh, but is the truth itself, correct me if I’m wrong.)

Why this topic?

I noticed several sellers complaining about the Search Algorithm in the last few days, and since I experienced the same problem, I decided to join their protest by making a summary topic.

My story:

I am in Fiverr from a long time ago, however, I had to quit for 6 months. Once I came back, I noticed a lot of things changed, and something weird happened. Of course, as I was inactive for a long time ago, my gigs weren’t even visible in the search. I started to regain my rank, by sending buyer requests. And I did regain it, I went to the first page again. People started buying my gigs, and they were like viral until this happened. My gigs, which were on the first page a day ago went straight back to the end of the last page.

My mention and summary:

I don’t think this is how the search algorithm is supposed to work. I agree that I’m not always supposed to be number one and that other sellers should have chance too, however, if that was how the search algorithm works, I wouldn’t go straight back to the last page. I would be gradually going backward in the search results as people overtake me. However, being on last page means that I even went behind the old “dead” gigs, staying there from years without any activity.

If you have something against that, I will be happy to discuss, as I wanna know what is going on.

Let’s see how much of you experienced this problem:

• My gig was sent back in the search.
  • My gig never was sent back in the search.

0voters

Thanks for all the votes! 🙂

Here are a few recent topics on the same theme.

I too have fallen foul of this. After a couple of times of my gigs having completely disappeared from the searches, And after i raised a ticket they eventually done something that made my gigs reappear in the searches, no explanation or apology was ever given…Now this i feel is really bad as shows complete disregard for customer service which we pay 20% of all gigs tips etc to Fiverr so a lot more consideration should be given. NOW as I am in my section amongst sellers with a great amount of sa…
Hello! My name is Agustin, I’ve been working on Fiverr for the last 5 months. I’ve completed more than 50 works, all with perfect reviews. The last month all my sales, impressions and views started to decrease progressively, until now that I’m not getting any sale at all. I’ve looked at my main gig on the search page using different keywords and always appears last, despite having 5 star rating and more sales than the other gigs. About 7 weeks ago I had to cancel an order due to a very proble…
Why gig are going down list in search.Why my gigs are going on last pages from 1st page please guide me
Why my gig is not showing in search result after bug on gig page? We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. No worries - your Gigs are active, and all the metrics are calculated as usual. I am on first my 2 gig rank on first page but after this bug "We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. " my all gig are not seen on search result i check up to 10 pages my gig not show? Does anyone help me?
Few days before I was getting messages from the buyer but when Fiverr start working with gigs view, click, impression then I don’t get any messages from the last 10 days. then I realize something is wrong with my gigs. then I search by every keyword, whether my gig was appearing on Page 1 but now I search from 1st to the last page but I cannot find my gigs anywhere! not only that I search my gig by gig title too but not showing my gigs. when I request to open a ticket for CS they showing me my …
Good Day My People, Please I Have One Issue Here, My Account Was Demoted, At least I Have Like 3 Gig At First Page Out Of 5 Gig But Now I Can’t Find Any Of My Gig Again. Please Help Me On It, How Can I Get My Account Back To Normal. Thanks

Guys, please don’t argue that much. This post is supposed to be support for those who are struggling (althought nobody is trying to support except for me 🙁 ).

(click me) The only way I can support is this:

Make sure your tags are what people will search in the search bar. Then:

1. Use tags all separated, no two words in one tag. Try to use synonyms instead of 2-worded tags. This is what I use:

screenshot_418.png.8fbd847e6c0a69e3f91dacce2c3f35e0.png

2. Use your tags in your title:

screenshot_419.png.7ec0cd2e79f7efde711d3d2df7eb8189.png

3. Use more of your tags in your description, without making them way too many (I tried my best to add as many tags as possible without making it too much):

screenshot_420.png.994b5dce23c0b3a6f87c8fab3104eecb.png
    screenshot_420744×339 34.2 KB

Once you edit a gig, it may disappear from the search for about 24 hours, but you have a chance to get it in front of other gigs once it appears again. If your gig becomes viral (receives a lot of orders), NEVER edit your gig, as it may go back in the search results page.

If this doesn’t work, apply for buyer requests, they may bring someone to you. If there are no buyer requests, stay online more, and refresh the page more often. If you tried to send proposals and never succeed, here are some tips on how to make your offers work:

Tips For Buyer Requests- From a Seller

ATTENTION, I’M STILL NOT SURE IF THIS METHOD WORKS! It only worked for me by far. If someone else did it and it worked for them too, then this is the way to go!

I got nothing else, so I am searching… 🔎 Nobody is tryina help me either.

One problem I have is that people say the SEO method doesn’t work. There is something else going on. And I can’t understand what.

You can always write it from your perspective and slap a disclaimer on it that it’s your opinion and your experience. It won’t hurt to give people an option to try.

fiverr just sucks my gigs rank whole day now back to 2nd last page 😦 even my response time was within 5 minutes

They tried and it didn’t work:

fiverr just sucks my gigs rank whole day now back to 2nd last page 😦 even my response time was within 5 minutes

They tried and it didn’t work:

I seriously am not ready to have a discussion about ranking. Sometimes my gig is in the middle of the 3rd page and I’m swimming in orders. Sometimes it’s the top of page 1 and I get nothing for days. I don’t have any theories but I’m intrigued by the theories that exist.

And again, the forum is full of “give me any advice!!!” posts. This could motivate people to try something, anything at all.

Archived