PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m also facing this same issue since december 2019. I’ve edited my gig and have all the possible fixes but nothing worked. Even I’ve made sales of more than $1000+ in these 7 months but still my gigs haven’t been moved. I’ve been on Fiverr since 2014 and now I feel like I wasted my time. Posted many times on forum as well but all in vain.
Fiverr has so many bugs that they don’t know which to fix and which to ignore. If you see my profile picture here on Forum its different than what I’m having on my actual seller account. Lol !!

I’m also facing this same issue since december 2019. I’ve edited my gig and have all the possible fixes but nothing worked. Even I’ve made sales of more than $1000+ in these 7 months but still my gigs haven’t been moved. I’ve been on Fiverr since 2014 and now I feel like I wasted my time. Posted many times on forum as well but all in vain.

Fiverr has so many bugs that they don’t know which to fix and which to ignore. If you see my profile picture here on Forum its different than what I’m having on my actual seller account. Lol !!

@maxahir, My profile picture is supposed to be different too! 🙂

screenshot_422.png.b49fafb0bfcbc4e62ab357b23c3c2cf7.png

Yeah, you are right. My best selling gig is having 2k+ reviews and all of a sudden it has been sent to last pages without any stats being in red zone or any warning. Which makes no sense at all. But still there are people who defend it by saying the algorithm is fine and fiverr doesn’t have to work by your terms.

Yeah, you are right. My best selling gig is having 2k+ reviews and all of a sudden it has been sent to last pages without any stats being in red zone or any warning. Which makes no sense at all. But still there are people who defend it by saying the algorithm is fine and fiverr doesn’t have to work by your terms.

But still there are people who defend it by saying the algorithm is fine and fiverr doesn’t have to work by your terms.

True however if you sort a gig by ’ best selling gigs ’ it’s not normal to see gigs with 10 reviews in front of gigs with 10.000 reviews

But still there are people who defend it by saying the algorithm is fine and fiverr doesn’t have to work by your terms.

True however if you sort a gig by ’ best selling gigs ’ it’s not normal to see gigs with 10 reviews in front of gigs with 10.000 reviews

I don’t think we can take the title of that category literally. Or maybe those ten reviews came in all on one day which technically might make them more “best selling” for that time period than others with 10,000 reviews.

I don’t think we can take the title of that category literally. Or maybe those ten reviews came in all on one day which technically might make them more “best selling” for that time period than others with 10,000 reviews.

Or maybe those ten reviews came in all on one day which technically might make them more “best selling”

it’s not the case… I checked

Other platforms like ******** [Other Marketplace] also have forum, whenever a seller or a buyer make a post on the forum, within hours, a moderator will reply to tackle the issue.

That doesn’t mean this is how the Fiverr forum works. As has been explained, it doesn’t. You wanting it to work that way doesn’t change that.

There is no universal forum rule. Companies decide how to run them.

Have you ever seen actual best sellers in the Best Sellers category?

yes , even now I see a few with 12k reviews … those gigs remained on the first page , I am following a few sellers and I know this for a fact

That doesn’t mean this is how the Fiverr forum works. As has been explained, it doesn’t. You wanting it to work that way doesn’t change that.

They can decide the way they run their things, it’s just a suggestion to ease the amount of tickets/loads due to small complain people do get in which it can be solved without having to create a ticket, just a live chat and issue is gone.

As you have stated, “there is no universal forum rule. Companies decide how to run them”… Case closed…

They can decide the way they run their things, it’s just a suggestion to ease the amount of tickets/loads due to small complain people do get in which it can be solved without having to create a ticket, just a live chat and issue is gone.

As you have stated, “there is no universal forum rule. Companies decide how to run them”… Case closed…

gs, it’s just a suggestion to ease the amount of tickets/loads due to small complain people do get in which it can be solved without having to create

My whole point was that what you suggested would actually do the opposite of this.

Companies decide how to run them.

@humanissocial, well that’s the sad part. We can do nothing to fix it. However, there is hope that they will notice and do something about it.

Companies decide how to run them.

@humanissocial, well that’s the sad part. We can do nothing to fix it. However, there is hope that they will notice and do something about it.

Did you make any changes to your gig before they return to their position/first page or what happen actually?

Checked my keyword search result and I’m still seeing gig with 4 reviews and overall 3.8 ratings lesser on first page for 3-4 months now

Did you make any changes to your gig before they return to their position/first page or what happen actually?

Checked my keyword search result and I’m still seeing gig with 4 reviews and overall 3.8 ratings lesser on first page for 3-4 months now

So, this method worked twice for me. The first time, I didn’t even know about the algorithm. My gig was far behind a lot of others, and I decided to do some SEO. And it went infront of some others. Soon, my gig went back again, and now I knew about the algorithm, however I still decided to do more SEO this time. My results are great now, however I’m fighting for those who are struggling! Honestly, I think the SEO is the most important part. Did you guys try my method?

screenshot_422.thumb.jpg.1f0d720ea752f37a8f036107f064fdca.jpg
screenshot_4221531×802 175 KB

So, this method worked twice for me. The first time, I didn’t even know about the algorithm. My gig was far behind a lot of others, and I decided to do some SEO. And it went infront of some others. Soon, my gig went back again, and now I knew about the algorithm, however I still decided to do more SEO this time. My results are great now, however I’m fighting for those who are struggling! Honestly, I think the SEO is the most important part. Did you guys try my method?

So, this method worked twice for me.

Hi can you tell us again what you did? I scrolled back but gave up after not finding your previous post.

Archived