PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gigs do the same thing although I don’t pay attention to where they are ranked.

My gigs do the same thing although I don’t pay attention to where they are ranked.

I think: You don’t need to pay attention to the gig ranking, you are already blessed with supernatural powers.

giphy.gif.d0677b0cbfe2379be5501ad8a4e5d8f8.gif

First, I’m kinda surprised you guys are just complaining because this whole last page, gig rotation thing is so discouraging as a seller

My experience is quite frustrating and bad,

November last year, I got my level one badge (Nov 15), still new to the whole ranking and promotion system so I decided to add 2 more gig extras to my gig as a benefit of the new badge… 16 hours later, I can’t find my gig but decided to see how it goes before making any complaint…

3 more days, search for all my gigs and realized they we’re moved back to last page… Now the interesting part is HOW DID 1 GIG EDIT AFFECT THE WHOLE GIGS ON MY ACCOUNT? LIKE HOW… without having any bad analytics or cancelling order or negative reviews…

Messaged customer support, asked what’s going on with my account… they said everything was perfectly fine… I have tried to make gig changes like editing the tags and all but it’s not helping

This April, I bought a Fiverr course and within 7 days after getting the badge… my gig ranked I was getting orders for 5 days straight and I don’t want to miss any opportunities this time so I was delivering them on time (all 5 stars) no cancellation, I was even getting tips… just 5 days later … Back to last page

So for the past 7 months, all my gig were just there rotating in the last page…

And I can spot several gigs with low ratings compared to mine on the first page of my gig search… So to me THE ALGORITHM SUCKS…

but I don’t think any Fiverr staff cares regardless of what the poll count is

First, I’m kinda surprised you guys are just complaining because this whole last page, gig rotation thing is so discouraging as a seller

My experience is quite frustrating and bad,

November last year, I got my level one badge (Nov 15), still new to the whole ranking and promotion system so I decided to add 2 more gig extras to my gig as a benefit of the new badge… 16 hours later, I can’t find my gig but decided to see how it goes before making any complaint…

3 more days, search for all my gigs and realized they we’re moved back to last page… Now the interesting part is HOW DID 1 GIG EDIT AFFECT THE WHOLE GIGS ON MY ACCOUNT? LIKE HOW… without having any bad analytics or cancelling order or negative reviews…

Messaged customer support, asked what’s going on with my account… they said everything was perfectly fine… I have tried to make gig changes like editing the tags and all but it’s not helping

This April, I bought a Fiverr course and within 7 days after getting the badge… my gig ranked I was getting orders for 5 days straight and I don’t want to miss any opportunities this time so I was delivering them on time (all 5 stars) no cancellation, I was even getting tips… just 5 days later … Back to last page

So for the past 7 months, all my gig were just there rotating in the last page…

And I can spot several gigs with low ratings compared to mine on the first page of my gig search… So to me THE ALGORITHM SUCKS…

Me neither, but I really hope I get noticed. This topic has over 115 replies by the time of this reply and over 25 voters.

3/4 of the people had problems with the search algorithm and 1/4 didn’t have any problems.

I’ve been here since 2014. To my knowledge, no post begging Fiverr to fix its algorithm has resulted in Fiverr saying, "okay, give us five minutes, there you go, everything should be back to normal now."

In short, you’re just going to have to get over it.

That’s not going to be what you want to hear, but this is how it is.

To my knowledge, no post begging Fiverr to fix its algorithm has resulted in Fiverr saying, "okay, give us five minutes, there you go, everything should be back to normal now."

Actually it did… all those new sellers that were complaining that fiverr is giving chance only to old sellers made its trick. Now our gigs sent to the last pages from time to time while fiverr is promoting new sellers with stolen images.

To my knowledge, no post begging Fiverr to fix its algorithm has resulted in Fiverr saying, "okay, give us five minutes, there you go, everything should be back to normal now."

Actually it did… all those new sellers that were complaining that fiverr is giving chance only to old sellers made its trick. Now our gigs sent to the last pages from time to time while fiverr is promoting new sellers with stolen images.

fiverr is promoting new sellers with stolen images

unfortunately you’re right…

Also what happened with those online courses that were suppose to ‘‘boost’’ our sales… ?

fiverr is promoting new sellers with stolen images

unfortunately you’re right…

Also what happened with those online courses that were suppose to ‘‘boost’’ our sales… ?

were suppose to ‘‘boost’’ our sales… ?

O don’t think that was ever happening… I took 3 courses, because I was generally curious and every time I finished courses my impressions were crashing almost to 0. Coincidence? Maybe. But 3 times “coincidence” is a bit too much.

By the way I reported some of those sellers already twice and it’s been more than a month and they are still there, still being promoted (some even didn’t bother to remove other designers names and watermarks…)

were suppose to ‘‘boost’’ our sales… ?

O don’t think that was ever happening… I took 3 courses, because I was generally curious and every time I finished courses my impressions were crashing almost to 0. Coincidence? Maybe. But 3 times “coincidence” is a bit too much.

By the way I reported some of those sellers already twice and it’s been more than a month and they are still there, still being promoted (some even didn’t bother to remove other designers names and watermarks…)

Same here. There was this one guy and he actually took GIG thumbnail from another seller that included his name on the thumbnail and put it as his image. All his GIGs were just copied from other sellers, images, and descriptions, reported him twice, still, there, his GIG is active.

EDIT: I just went to search him again, and my word, is he lowest of the low, he just erased in Paint the name of other seller and that is his GIG thumbnail job. And he even did horrible job in covering name with Paint. How is Fiverr letting this pass?

Guys, did all of you had problems with someone copying your gigs? If yes, then this is the reason you go back! Did we figure it out this time?

I am back with a bag all of gigs are on first page now you can check on my keyword 🙂

Just edit your gigs and wait for 24 hours + share them on facebook

Archived