PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

And I’m saying on the forum it’s mostly people who have been both buyers and sellers, not sellers only (see poll). It may be a bit different now around 2 years later but I think it won’t be that different. You could create another poll with the same 3 options to see how different it is and maybe there might be more voters which would make it more accurate.

Yes. I agree with you. But as I said above as far as I have seen here. I have seen many sellers and less buyers. We can create a poll.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I agree with you. But as I said above as far as I have seen here. I have seen many sellers and less buyers. We can create a poll.

I have seen many sellers and less buyers. We can create a poll.

Here’s a new thread for that so we can see how it is currently (as of 2020):

This poll is to see what percentage of forum users are buyers, sellers or those who have bought and sold on Fiverr. On Fiverr, which are you? poll

No that’s not what the forum is for. You are not understanding the purpose of the forum. We talk to each other as sellers. We are not talking to fiverr staff here. We never have been.

In the suggestions document (see 2020 Suggestion Document Feedback)

The first suggestion on the list in the document is more Fiverr employee participation (in the forum) and they said they’re working on it and that they want to do that.

edit: I think there used to be more participation from Fiverr on the forum, or at least a mod would link to threads and they’d take a look at it (like suggestions for changes). They have changed the system in ways that had been suggested in forum threads (which may have been because Fiverr read those threads).

The first suggestion on the list in the document is more Fiverr employee participation (in the forum) and they said they’re working on it and that they want to do that.

So far the purpose of the forum, six months later, is still seller’s talking to seller’s aside from an occasional buyer.

The mods who used to participate here were also sellers and not fiverr staff. They are volunteers. We haven’t had staff participation aside from a couple of times when something new was tried out.

Cyaxrex is correct in his post. Begging for the algorithm to be changed on the forum is a waste of time.

You can be sure that fiverr doesn’t see any need to “fix” the algorithm or they would do it.

Did they fix it? 😕

Did they fix it?

I am sorry as I am not authorized to comment on that. I saw various comments here about the “Support” that they don’t pay attention to the forum discussion(s). I don’t agree with those statements but yet I feel they do keep a watch on all discussion(s) irrespective of their direct involvements (specially the bug one’s). Fiverr owns every inch of this page (forum), and they are very conscious of the discussion(s).

Gig position(s) are not stationary. Even if you made it to the first page, how long will you sustain that position? unless and until you are backed by hidden factors. You will sent back again, so as other gigs enjoy the same exposure. Will you be creating a ticket again? I don’t think so!!!

Anyways, I am sure your query will be answered too in the next few days or sooner and do let us know what CS thinks about your gig placement. .

Did you get a great review recently? Did your cancellations drop off after 60 days recently?

I’m always trying to figure out what makes these things happen.

No cancellations, no reviews, nothing. It just went back in the search. I didn’t trigger anything.

Here is my prediction. Wait for 5-7 days . And in result get this template.

"Our search page is dynamic and we do not guarantee a Gig’s placement on any page, views, impressions or sales. Kindly note that our search result pages are not displayed equally as all will depend on the search words used (filters).

We recommend you create Gigs with unique services that stand out to reduce competition, include short videos in the description to attract potential buyers and use the social media buttons to promote the Gig and increase traffic.

A Gig’s position takes into consideration many factors, such as:

• Seller performance over a set time period.

• order cancellations

• delivery rate

• responsiveness, etc.

We encourage you to keep performing at your best. Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kindest regards"

I got this one.

@hamza1424 I am responding with in 10 minutes if message sometime instant reply and my delivery time is best and I completed 30+ orders in just in May month and 5* rating from nearly all of them but now my gigs are on the last page of my niche i am delivering order in just 7-10 days where other sellers are delivering in 25+ days in short i am best in my niche but still on the last page don’t know what’s going on

@hamza1424 I am responding with in 10 minutes if message sometime instant reply and my delivery time is best and I completed 30+ orders in just in May month and 5* rating from nearly all of them but now my gigs are on the last page of my niche i am delivering order in just 7-10 days where other sellers are delivering in 25+ days in short i am best in my niche but still on the last page don’t know what’s going on

Let’s do an experiment. Change your tags to more relevant ones, ones that are more likely to be searched by buyers. Then search for your gig according to your tags. It may take a bit, however, I believe it may go in front of someone else’s gigs. If this fixes it then this thread is solved.

Let’s do an experiment. Change your tags to more relevant ones, ones that are more likely to be searched by buyers. Then search for your gig according to your tags. It may take a bit, however, I believe it may go in front of someone else’s gigs. If this fixes it then this thread is solved.

I uses best tag and keywords according to my niche this is happening with me second time in just a period of 15 days my gigs ranks on first row and then suddenly disappear not even visible in search and on my niche only 4 pages are available

Change your tags to more relevant ones, ones that are more likely to be searched by buyers. Then search for your gig according to your tags. It may take a bit, however, I believe it may go in front of someone else’s gigs. If this fixes it then this thread is solved.

So you think tags are fiverr uses rather than title?

Archived