PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that’s not right… They suppose to have time checking the forum, at least to know issue sellers and buyers going through.

If they are checking the forum, they won’t have issue of people bombarding them with tickets.

I believe by now, Fiverr suppose to have created a live chat where instant issues are being tackled instead of waiting days before they solve the issue.

They suppose to have time checking the forum

No that’s not what the forum is for. You are not understanding the purpose of the forum. We talk to each other as sellers. We are not talking to fiverr staff here. We never have been.

No that’s not what the forum is for. You are not understanding the purpose of the forum. We talk to each other as sellers. We are not talking to fiverr staff here. We never have been.

Other platforms like ******** [Other Marketplace] also have forum, whenever a seller or a buyer make a post on the forum, within hours, a moderator will reply to tackle the issue.

Other platforms like ******** [Other Marketplace] also have forum, whenever a seller or a buyer make a post on the forum, within hours, a moderator will reply to tackle the issue.

ok this is fiverr forum. Understand what it is for. Sellers talking to sellers only.

My opinion is to stop allowing all the new sign ups of new sellers now.

They can’t do that as they have to increase business. Here is my suggestion what they can do.

Before making a gig they should make a system or test which could check their skills in relevant field. Check their basic English. And if some seller is not making any progress like not even one sale in one or two months they should pause their gigs.

Just a suggestion.

They can’t do that as they have to increase business. Here is my suggestion what they can do.

Before making a gig they should make a system or test which could check their skills in relevant field. Check their basic English. And if some seller is not making any progress like not even one sale in one or two months they should pause their gigs.

Just a suggestion.

Actually, they can… Not anybody can register on other platform I mentioned above… There is moderation to amount of newbies that register.

Fiverr Staff have made it very clear that the forum cannot be replaced with Customer Service issues. If you have an issue reach out to them. They don’t answer forum queries.

Well, that’s why they are overwhelmed with tickets and also some issues that do not require tickets, just to have a live chat with them and issue should be resolved.

Actually, they can… Not anybody can register on other platform I mentioned above… There is moderation to amount of newbies that register.

Yes I know. Fiverr is not thinking for such action. If they continue inviting every one this is going to be filled with every person who doesn’t have idea about freelancing. There is not filter process you sign up ,make gigs , and there you go. It doesn’t matter either they are capable or not.

All of these trillions of new sellers have also overwhelmed customer support. Seriously they need to limit new sign ups. The whole site is affected.

The browsing experience of buyers is also lowered as well as the issue of missing orders.

I am surely telling if they start filtering process like removing those gigs which have not made any sales. Who fails to pass Basic English test. Only 40% sellers are going to stay.

Well, that’s why they are overwhelmed with tickets and also some issues that do not require tickets, just to have a live chat with them and issue should be resolved.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. In my opinion, I think it would be beneficial for Fiverr Staff to have a more prominent forum presence.

also some issues that do not require tickets

True. I know if they are undergoing maintenance or other site-wide issues. They post it here, but the only problem with that is many Sellers and Buyers alike do not visit the forum at all.

to have a live chat with them and issue should be resolved.

A Live Chat would be awesome, but I just don’t see that happening, well not anytime soon.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. In my opinion, I think it would be beneficial for Fiverr Staff to have a more prominent forum presence.

also some issues that do not require tickets

True. I know if they are undergoing maintenance or other site-wide issues. They post it here, but the only problem with that is many Sellers and Buyers alike do not visit the forum at all.

to have a live chat with them and issue should be resolved.

A Live Chat would be awesome, but I just don’t see that happening, well not anytime soon.

You want even more “how i mek sells” type questions thrown at staff?

This is mek sell land. You couldn’t pay anyone enough 🙂

All of these trillions of new sellers have also overwhelmed customer support. Seriously they need to limit new sign ups. The whole site is affected.

The browsing experience of buyers is also lowered as well as the issue of missing orders.

Suppose if they asking the basic questions here they must be asking same questions to Customer support. Like 2 months and no sales, other basic questions which can be checked on TOS. Page, Seller help center . When they can’t wait for customer support response they just post here and try to find a solution.

I will explain my theory of what is happening now.

There are suddenly 100,000,000,000,000,000 new sellers in the last three months.

The algorithm is overwhelmed and thrown off track by this. It was set to rotate new sellers through the first pages but now there are so many it simply throws them at the first pages and bumps older sellers off completely in it’s program to show new sellers.

I like this theory and I suspected same. Tried to go offline a bit and suddenly got 2 orders after some downtime. Also got a bunch of messages.

Buyers don’t come here. If someone faces issue they make a post. 98% are sellers here.

98% are sellers here.

According to a poll in 2018 (12 voters), 50% were both buyers and sellers, 42% were just sellers.

See

Well friends it is 2018 in Fiverr world and I would love some fresh insights from you. Currently which are you? poll

You could create a new poll for all 3 options if you want to see if those stats have changed.

98% are sellers here.

According to a poll in 2018 (12 voters), 50% were both buyers and sellers, 42% were just sellers.

See

Well friends it is 2018 in Fiverr world and I would love some fresh insights from you. Currently which are you? poll

You could create a new poll for all 3 options if you want to see if those stats have changed.

According to a poll in 2018

Polls are unreliable and people tend to not tell the truth in them. 🤥

Looking at the post, it appears I participated. 😁

98% are sellers here.

See

I am claiming on the basis of users here. Mostly I see sellers here. As I said buyer will only come when they face some problem or ask some question.

In the suggestions document (see 2020 Suggestion Document Feedback)

The first suggestion on the list in the document is more Fiverr employee participation (in the forum) and they said they’re working on it and that they want to do that.

edit: I think there used to be more participation from Fiverr on the forum, or at least a mod would link to threads and they’d take a look at it (like suggestions for changes). They have changed the system in ways that had been suggested in forum threads (which may have been because Fiverr read those threads).

I am claiming on the basis of users here. Mostly I see sellers here. As I said buyer will only come when they face some problem or ask some question.

And I’m saying on the forum it’s mostly people who have been both buyers and sellers, not sellers only (see poll). It may be a bit different now around 2 years later but I think it won’t be that different. You could create another poll with the same 3 options to see how different it is and maybe there might be more voters which would make it more accurate.

Archived