Beware of Fraud buyer with false accusation

I was joined Fiverr in February 2020. I delivered successful job with 100% client satisfaction. They gave me a positive review always. But the incident happened on May 19. I was always told to not take the job of a few specific countries because they always do outsourcing. I believed that but I was out of order for about one month.

A buyer knocked me from those specific countries, He asked me to design a landing page for his company. I checked his profile and saw only one review. I thought I should do the job because I had no order in hand. So I told him that I can do the job. He offers me $5 with unlimited revision and also within 1 day. I accepted the order. I delivered the job on time and he put me on a revision to change his content. But the content was given by him in word file. He asked me to change punctuation, word, etc. I changed as he wanted.

Then he wanted to place another order for two landing pages with a $10 budget, $5 each within 1 day. I told him to give me extra one day, but he told me that he need the job done asap, then he gave me extra one day, He only gave me the content of the first page. I told him that it is low for me because your landing page cover 5-7 section. but I offer 3 sections for $5. As I was expected he offers me more in future and will increase the budget in future but not this time. Again I accepted and delivered the first page within one day and waiting for second-page content and credentials. He put me on revision as I expected and gave me the second-page details. I have done the job within one day and delivered and again he put me on revision and change things as usual as the first order. He was asking me to add contents etc. I was doing my job as he told.

Then he asked me to Integrate Mailchimp within the budget. I refused him and told him that it is not part of my job, I was told only to design the landing page. He threatened me to give a bad review. I feel offended and I report this to the Fiverr team and I told him not to continue his job. Then he told me, okay I will give you a positive review, complete the job, but I was pretty sure he wasn’t going to do this because he was from those countries. I refused his offer and told him to let Fiverr decide.

Then he gave me a bad review on his first order and also written that I was contacting him outside Fiverr and he gave me $100 extra outside Fiverr. Which never happened. I reported to Fiverr about this issue, Hope Fiverr will give me justice.

He offers me $5 with unlimited revision and also within 1 day. I accepted the order.

Just why? Learn to say no.

He offered me another one after those 2 orders when I realized I am trapped, I said NO. But It was late for first two orders.

That doesn’t matter. The moment he came to you with that proposal you should have said no. Somebody wanting unlimited revisions? NO. Somebody wanting 24 hour delivery for $5? NO. Promises of future, better paid work? NO. Promises of tips? NO.

Put them in their place.

I was joined Fiverr in February 2020. I delivered successful job with 100% client satisfaction. They gave me a positive review always. But the incident happened on May 19. I was always told to not take the job of a few specific countries because they always do outsourcing. I believed that but I was out of order for about one month.

A buyer knocked me from those specific countries, He asked me to design a landing page for his company. I checked his profile and saw only one review. I thought I should do the job because I had no order in hand. So I told him that I can do the job. He offers me $5 with unlimited revision and also within 1 day. I accepted the order. I delivered the job on time and he put me on a revision to change his content. But the content was given by him in word file. He asked me to change punctuation, word, etc. I changed as he wanted.

Then he wanted to place another order for two landing pages with a $10 budget, $5 each within 1 day. I told him to give me extra one day, but he told me that he need the job done asap, then he gave me extra one day, He only gave me the content of the first page. I told him that it is low for me because your landing page cover 5-7 section. but I offer 3 sections for $5. As I was expected he offers me more in future and will increase the budget in future but not this time. Again I accepted and delivered the first page within one day and waiting for second-page content and credentials. He put me on revision as I expected and gave me the second-page details. I have done the job within one day and delivered and again he put me on revision and change things as usual as the first order. He was asking me to add contents etc. I was doing my job as he told.

Then he asked me to Integrate Mailchimp within the budget. I refused him and told him that it is not part of my job, I was told only to design the landing page. He threatened me to give a bad review. I feel offended and I report this to the Fiverr team and I told him not to continue his job. Then he told me, okay I will give you a positive review, complete the job, but I was pretty sure he wasn’t going to do this because he was from those countries. I refused his offer and told him to let Fiverr decide.

Then he gave me a bad review on his first order and also written that I was contacting him outside Fiverr and he gave me $100 extra outside Fiverr. Which never happened. I reported to Fiverr about this issue, Hope Fiverr will give me justice.

He offers me $5 with unlimited revision and also within 1 day. I accepted the order.

Say What?! 😲

Mistake Numero Uno (number one)

$5, sheesh McDonald’s 🍔

I would never approach a Seller with a meager $5 or $10 or $20 to create a website for me. That’s just WRONG.

💡 Start valuing your worth.

Then he wanted to place another order for two landing pages with a $10 budget, $5 each within 1 day. I told him to give me extra one day, but he told me that he need the job done asap, then he gave me extra one day, He only gave me the content of the first page. I told him that it is low for me because your landing page cover 5-7 section. but I offer 3 sections for $5. As I was expected he offers me more in future and will increase the budget in future but not this time. Again I accepted and delivered the first page within one day and waiting for second-page content and credentials.

I’ll be honest it was difficult reading what you wrote. My facial expressions were all over the place. 😬, like never.

As I was expected he offers me more in future and will increase the budget in future but not this time. Again I accepted and delivered the first page within one day and waiting for second-page content and credentials.

Um, that’s an old tactic. Buyers like to butter up Sellers about a ton of work in the future. NOPE, Don’t fall for it! Another thing… I just don’t understand the concept of UNLIMITED REVISIONS. You could be doing them for the rest of your Fiverr Career.

WOW, I hope you learned a lesson here. 🍍

• 3 months later...

hi, i also got a false accusation, what he reviewed to me was something like this. a 1 star review, and this:

He never worked on my project i wish i could get my refund back. do not trust him with your money. Have him make what you want then pay him. because all he did was waste my time and teal my money.

which is really bad for business and hes fake reviewing. i completed his work 100% and he even said that this is really cool and stuff. Should i report this to the customer support or not?

hi, i also got a false accusation, what he reviewed to me was something like this. a 1 star review, and this:

He never worked on my project i wish i could get my refund back. do not trust him with your money. Have him make what you want then pay him. because all he did was waste my time and teal my money.

which is really bad for business and hes fake reviewing. i completed his work 100% and he even said that this is really cool and stuff. Should i report this to the customer support or not?

report to cs with the screenshot of messages. They will help you.

That’s what “unlimited revisions” means – and that’s why you should never offer, or agree to it.

Well, this is more of a two-edged blade. I will avoid sellers that offer only 1-3 revisions, especially for stuff like art. There can be a very broad line between imaginations from person to person, even if described thoroughly and with reference material, so having “unlimited revisions” can be good for the buyer in this case, even if realistically not needed. In turn, I accept the fact that I will have to pay more for their services.

I will avoid sellers that offer only 1-3 revisions

That doesn’t mean that you will not get revisions after that. You will just have to pay additional for each revision after those 3 revisions that were included.

turn, I accept the fact that I will have to pay more for their services.

That’s the same as paying per extra revision.

having “unlimited revisions” can be good for the buyer

And how about sellers? No one wants to be a slave for the benefit of another person 😉

That’s what “unlimited revisions” means – and that’s why you should never offer, or agree to it.

Well, this is more of a two-edged blade. I will avoid sellers that offer only 1-3 revisions, especially for stuff like art. There can be a very broad line between imaginations from person to person, even if described thoroughly and with reference material, so having “unlimited revisions” can be good for the buyer in this case, even if realistically not needed. In turn, I accept the fact that I will have to pay more for their services.

I will avoid sellers that offer only 1-3 revisions

I think it’s wonderful that fiverr has the number of revisions on display and people stop to take note. It helps people to avoid each other when their approach to the process is clearly not a match.

Archived