Can I start working on Fiverr if I'm a citizen of Iran?

I’m currently living in Iran (IRI) and I was wondering if I’d be able to work on this platform without getting my account banned because of my Iranian citizenship. I’m guessing this would not happen because it’s not mentioned in Fiverr’s TOS but would like to know if I’m wrong.

• Like 10

I’m going to say no, sorry. I remember the same post as @lenasemenkova. What I gathered from that is that any countries with less than ‘best of friends’ relationships with the U.S. seem to be prohibited from using Fiverr.

It is not something I agree with, so don’t shoot the messenger. I would really like to spend time in Syria, but I have heard this too is on the no-go list.

If you were to get residency (and an iD card) in another country, it may be possible for you to work on Fiverr. However, I am pretty sure being in Iran leaves you at a bit of a disadvantage.

Don’t blame Fiverr, though. It is more a case of your everyday political madness.

• Like 6

@cyaxrex @lenasemenkova So I guess I’ll find another platform which treats me better. Thanks for the input

@cyrusdeg, this is the thread I think @lenasemenkova was referring to. Please take a look at it, but especially this comment given by @mjensen415.

Fiverr was founded on the concept of global collaboration and has since turned into a diverse community that supports people from over 160 countries. We are forced, however, to abide by the laws and regulations that apply to us. While we would love to conduct business with people everywhere, pursuant to such law, Fiverr.com is prohibited from conducting business with citizens of certain countries and is therefore forced to close these accounts. Please note that this only applies to people with …
  • Like 3

I’m going to say no, sorry. I remember the same post as @lenasemenkova. What I gathered from that is that any countries with less than ‘best of friends’ relationships with the U.S. seem to be prohibited from using Fiverr.

It is not something I agree with, so don’t shoot the messenger. I would really like to spend time in Syria, but I have heard this too is on the no-go list.

If you were to get residency (and an iD card) in another country, it may be possible for you to work on Fiverr. However, I am pretty sure being in Iran leaves you at a bit of a disadvantage.

Don’t blame Fiverr, though. It is more a case of your everyday political madness.

The US? Are you sure it’s because of their relations with the US…?