Any Problem For Fiverr Account Using VPN

bmsurujuddin

HTTPS only encrypts traffic ti and from your web browser, not other apps or background processes on your computer.

HTTPS is also susceptible to man in the middle attack vectors. A VPN funnels all traffic from your device through an encrypted tunnel. This makes a VPN far more secure than HTTPS which when you use, you still have to trust that website you are visiting isn’t in any way nefarious.

Use a different browser just for Fiverr. Makes everything much easier. Try Brave.

Usually, I use a different machine for Fiverr.

HTTPS is also susceptible to man in the middle attack vectors

Sure, but as the traffic is encrypted, it’s impossible to read the data sent unless you have the decryption key. Same with a VPN.

you still have to trust that website you are visiting isn’t in any way nefarious.

This one is true, the website could read your IP and know your location, which aren’t too dangerous, but could be used against you

From what I understand, it can make you appear as if you are somewhere; you are not. It can also be used to make it look as if two different accounts using the same IP are not in the same location.

A VPN also encrypts all your traffic so that your connection is more secure. I have to use a VPN for all work I do with a client in the UK for this reason. It is actually a bit of a pain to be honest, having to remember to disable it when I’m using Fiverr.

As it stands, most businesses that have started allowing employees to work from home during Covid-19, require them to use a VPN (provided by the company like mine is) in the interest of preventing cyber attacks and data breaches.

Those are the proper uses of a VPN. On Fiverr, at least in the writing category you see a lot of people say they are from the US or the UK just to appear native writers. Obviously they are not, and after a while their original country appears there. So… I don’t see a valid reason to use a VPN on Fiverr unless you want to trick the system.

Or maybe I am wrong and there’s a valid reason to have a VPN, who knows. Maybe I just see the potential abuse 😃

Those are the proper uses of a VPN. On Fiverr, at least in the writing category you see a lot of people say they are from the US or the UK just to appear native writers. Obviously they are not, and after a while their original country appears there. So… I don’t see a valid reason to use a VPN on Fiverr unless you want to trick the system.

Or maybe I am wrong and there’s a valid reason to have a VPN, who knows. Maybe I just see the potential abuse 😃

@donnovan86 Thanks For Information!

Archived