How to keep active in fiverr

newplus_design

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. You can call it I am try to trick to buyer. But Please understand this, Now I know it is not good. I know it. After reading all replies. OK. But still, Fiverr forum members tell another sellers. Keep active(online) in fiverr and that will help to gig ranking.

And please understand I am not tricker. I also, use gig SEO and I rank my gig. But after reading some topics and article. I think, that will true. Now I know, it not true and it will not good in fiverr. OK.

However, I still tell you, I am not trying to trick. You can call that. That is a reasonable doubt. Because I am asking that. But everyone need to know about that. Because this forum member tell it to new sellers.

Please be flexible with others answers. And hear them.

Again tell I am not.

And again I thought requesting question is stupid. We need to discover our question. Reading articles and more… 😐

Thank you all.

No such thing as “gig ranking”. Fiverr’s search algorithm is mostly random. The most important factor is your star rating and number of orders. Sure, other things are taken into account, but not very much. You can have hundreds of reviews, 5 star rating, and you can still end up on the last search page. It’s pointless to try to change your search placement with such small things.

Not for the search engine that I know of.

You can see other Fiverr articles and some from this year here:

8c7390150cd0078e967a18c7663581b9b334d239.pngMedium 9277a961ebe3586d6ae2604879eba7f9d4bb0ea5.png

Fiverr Engineering – Medium

The technology behind the platform that’s disrupting the future of work.

I suppose the machine learning feature selection article could possibly have been used to help determine what the best things to use for search engine ranking might be (eg. what leads to more revenue from orders?).

I suppose the machine learning feature selection article could possibly have been used to help determine what the best things to use for search engine ranking might be (eg. what leads to more revenue from orders?).

I read the article you posted, UK. You were right to use the bolded words.

Whereas @newplus_design wants a definite answer.

But I only want a clear answer to this. Only two words,

Is it affect OR NOT

I think that will help me for get answer. Thanks. @uk1000

Nope, I do not think it will help.

Not for the search engine that I know of.

You can see other Fiverr articles and some from this year here:

8c7390150cd0078e967a18c7663581b9b334d239.pngMedium 9277a961ebe3586d6ae2604879eba7f9d4bb0ea5.png

Fiverr Engineering – Medium

The technology behind the platform that’s disrupting the future of work.

Thank you for the link. 🍹 (bookmarked it) I didn’t know they had a presence on Medium. 😁

Is it affect OR NOT

Yes. I read some posts. But I think we can imagine. Also, some posts are really helpful. We can get idea about different topics. Not this one. I will search for more. Thanks

Is it affect OR NOT

Though this link:

softwareengineeringdaily.com

SED462-Fiverr-Engineering.pdf

119.70 KB

was the one where they said on page 15 “One of, I would call it boosts that our search algorithm gives is floating up with some volume, those sellers who are available online.”- Fiverr CTO, 2017

Though we don’t know if it’s changed since then to not do that or, like was suggested, that it might have been based on that “Available Now” option.

On this page:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/best-practices-for-new-fiverr-sellers

They say “Remember, the more active you are on Fiverr, the more exposure your Gig gets!”. Though I don’t know whether they actually mean higher rank there, or whether they just talking about the fact that gigs could get paused after 30 days of not being active.

This link gives other info they say the rank is based on:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/levels-warnings-and-status

A Gig’s position in the marketplace is based on seller performance over a set period of time. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate on a daily basis. There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include order cancellations, delivery rate, responsiveness, etc. There may be other Gigs currently performing at a higher rate than yours. If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting 5 stars, delivering on time, communicating quicker, etc.

So I agree they don’t seem to have given a definitive answer to whether it’s currently taking the “online” status into account in the ranking.

Though I suppose one way would be to do a Fiverr search and count the number/percentage of gigs that are shown on the first page with the green highlight next to the username and do the same count for the same search on page 2 or 3 and see if there’s any difference. eg. if there’s a higher percentage of gigs showing the online green light on the 1st page than the 2nd or 3rd, that could mean that the search rank takes online status into account.

Yes. You can call it I am try to trick to buyer. But Please understand this, Now I know it is not good. I know it. After reading all replies. OK. But still, Fiverr forum members tell another sellers. Keep active(online) in fiverr and that will help to gig ranking.

And please understand I am not tricker. I also, use gig SEO and I rank my gig. But after reading some topics and article. I think, that will true. Now I know, it not true and it will not good in fiverr. OK.

However, I still tell you, I am not trying to trick. You can call that. That is a reasonable doubt. Because I am asking that. But everyone need to know about that. Because this forum member tell it to new sellers.

Please be flexible with others answers. And hear them.

Again tell I am not.

And again I thought requesting question is stupid. We need to discover our question. Reading articles and more… 😐

Thank you all.

But everyone need to know about that. Because this forum member tell it to new sellers.

It’s true, lots of bad myths are around about how to be successful on Fiverr.

But we dispel this same myth over an over and over again. There are many threads on this, which you would know if you’d researched the forum before asking. Please stop thinking that you’ve uncovered this issue because we’ve literally been dismissing this myth for years.

But everyone need to know about that. Because this forum member tell it to new sellers.

It’s true, lots of bad myths are around about how to be successful on Fiverr.

But we dispel this same myth over an over and over again. There are many threads on this, which you would know if you’d researched the forum before asking. Please stop thinking that you’ve uncovered this issue because we’ve literally been dismissing this myth for years.

Ok. Thanks. 😀 but I don’t know why are you reply to this stupid topic @humanissocial :rofl:

bizarre notion

@uk1000 You are way more analytical than I am or have the patience to be. 😉

I had a look and the number of gigs from online sellers in search results often changes after you reload a particular page number. Probably the average of a number of page loads could taken into account but I don’t think it makes much difference to it.

I think if ‘online’ is taken into account, which it might not be, the weight given to it must be low compared to all the other things things that are taken into account combined and that the other stats (eg. the dashboard stats like completion rate) are much more important

I had a look and the number of gigs from online sellers in search results often changes after you reload a particular page number. Probably the average of a number of page loads could taken into account but I don’t think it makes much difference to it.

I think if ‘online’ is taken into account, which it might not be, the weight given to it must be low compared to all the other things things that are taken into account combined and that the other stats (eg. the dashboard stats like completion rate) are much more important

I have always thought our stats were important and they are where I focus my efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i think its good - the only time matters is that you are on-site, searching, evaluating, communicating & working.

I got your point, its on web too - if i leave site for more than 5 to 10 minutes i will automatically offline, and that’s perfectly OK 👍

The time which matters is the time i’m on-site -
🙌 Keep up the good work

Archived