Seller scammed me to get paid

Something’s telling me that with a price tag of $35 you get enough orders to be able to afford a cancelation without dropping below 90% every once in a while. If you really want to get rid of that order.

Some people have bragged about having hundreds of incomplete orders and being absolutely fine with them hanging in there forever. This seller wasn’t and chose to bite the bullet in hopes the buyer has forgotten and won’t notice. A very risky move. Unresponsive buyers are only unresponsive when you have an urgent question to ask and you can’t start working on an order without it being answered.

I’m not talking about this case in particular, I’m talking about the general way the system works. It’s broken. And it’s particularly punishing to sellers with high price and low volume.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not talking about this case in particular, I’m talking about the general way the system works. It’s broken. And it’s particularly punishing to sellers with high price and low volume.

Absolutely. I’m not defending the system. I find the way it handles incomplete orders incredibly annoying. I’m guessing when the mandatory requirements feature was introduced, they didn’t think this part of it through.

I had a similar experience recently, some buyer ordered without ever messaging me, and hadn’t provided requirements, after a day I messaged them and got a response multiple days later saying that “They’re waiting on another seller to finish animating their video, so that I don’t mess anything up for them” Three weeks later still no requirements, I messaged them and they said they are nearly done, another month and a bit later I just messaged CS because I was tired of having it show up on my dashboard, no harm done, but still annoying.

That’s on you. You are not allowed to do that. Nightmare buyer behaviour. You have no right to keep a job open for 2 years. It’s also against terms of service to place an order without requirements. Good riddance, we don’t need people like you here.

Yeah surely he has committed mistakes but you are being way too rude by saying “We don’t people like you here” …Its his choice to be here and the customer support right to suspend his account. All we can do is to correct someone by advice and constructive criticism. I think you may some better alternative to what have you said

Sincere Regards 🙂

If I could have cancelled the order at the beginning I would have done, but they refused. Fiverr to not allow you to either, so I had an order for a voiceover and no script or client to sell it on to, so I left it, in the hope I would need it one day. Which I did not.

I run an ecommerce business and If a customer request a cancellation in the first 30 days or a return I am legally obliged to make it so.

However what I don’t expect is for the seller to post a jpeg image covered with stock photo watermarks as the completed job, then refuse to cancel it twice when I say that they are scamming me.

Luckily for me Fiverr responded, said the seller went against their terms of service and refunded me the money.

And that they would take this matter up with the seller.

So I thank you all for your advice.

Archived