Some Buyer Requests JUST FOR FUN

Let’s not let this thread die. Another one for you guys

At this point I don’t even know if the unpaid nature of this offer bothers me as much as them wanting you to summarize something as a way of making sure you actually read their absurd request. Like seriously, where do those people get off?

On a brighter side for you guys that think the BR section is a waste of time I just converted a $5 offer into a $800 order, with an agreement that we may add extras upwards to $1000 total. No upsells, no bait and switch, the buyer just liked my offer and profile and decided to upgrade their order, and that wasn’t luck or a fluke.

Whether you’re a new or an experienced seller, listen to this words. For me that’s the nature of freelancing.

I bid on BR as part of my normal routine. 2-3 requests per day.

Whether you’re a new or an experienced seller, listen to this words. For me that’s the nature of freelancing.

183531_2.png helenabester:

I bid on BR as part of my normal routine. 2-3 requests per day.

Actually I have not used sufficiently buyer requests even though I did get in the past few orders there. But this line is really inspiring. And if it is possible to turn a 5$ order to 800$, I will definitely give it a try more often, especially when there are not enough orders coming in.

Making it a daily routine can help you improve a lot of stuff, especially quoting your offers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I like Buyer Requests. I met some of my best repeat buyers there. But, BR also provides much entertainment! Here are my favorites of the day:

1. My Request Read carefully before applying blindly: I need a Content Writer. Original Content required. I want 25 posts of Original 1700-3500 words each. Each post should have original infographics, Fixed charges $10 for all 25 posts. (Yes you read it.) 25-35 days’ time would be given. Please note:: I am Not paying $10 per post. The price for 25 posts collectively is $10. Please write “I am” while replying so that I understood you have read my post.

What can I say? An original 1700-word article takes me about 3-4 hours to write. Add some infographics - another half hour or so? So, let’s round it to 4 hours for the argument. Yes, of course, I’ll be willing to do 4 hours x 25 for $10. What an opportunity!

1. i am writing a story , its just two pages , its about falling involve with two brothers not knowing they were brothers that were princes. i need someone to help me main points 1- aurora (main character) came from the elite , very rich powerful family main character , the brothers she fell involve with were both princes… 2- auroras mother left her as a child , which made her rebellious / going to shrinks etc 3- she fell inlove with prince #1 when she was 15 they met at a gala she were inlove for years until he was forced into a marriage 4- aurora never recovered from the heartbreak 5- she met prince number 2 , not knowing he was his brother and fell inlove again after 8 years of feeling empty what I need : suspense thriller make people cry make them want more i have asked a couple of writers to write 2 pages … based on their imagination , if i like it , they will be chosen ! ( price will go higher depends how much work is done)

A love story, suspense-thriller. I must add here that the budget for this is $4000. I might just do it. The price can even go higher!

1. I am looking for a written work an arrival about health,how to lose fat, computer or etc

To be fair, this one has a $5 budget. What especially tickles me is the connection between the fat-losing and the computer. The ‘or etc.’ opens up a whole world of imaginary fun.

Can you blame me that I like BR?

My Request Read carefully before applying blindly: I need a Content Writer. Original Content required. I want 25 posts of Original 1700-3500 words each. Each post should have original infographics, Fixed charges $10 for all 25 posts. (Yes you read it.) 25-35 days’ time would be given. Please note:: I am Not paying $10 per post. The price for 25 posts collectively is $10. Please write “I am” while replying so that I understood you have read my post.

You don’t believe, I saw this BR more than 5 times in different days. So I just checked the username of the person who posted it. Believe or not it was from a seller who has a Article writing GIG. I just don’t want to mention his country due to rules in the forum. But it is sad to see these types of people here.

My Request Read carefully before applying blindly: I need a Content Writer. Original Content required. I want 25 posts of Original 1700-3500 words each. Each post should have original infographics, Fixed charges $10 for all 25 posts. (Yes you read it.) 25-35 days’ time would be given. Please note:: I am Not paying $10 per post. The price for 25 posts collectively is $10. Please write “I am” while replying so that I understood you have read my post.

You don’t believe, I saw this BR more than 5 times in different days. So I just checked the username of the person who posted it. Believe or not it was from a seller who has a Article writing GIG. I just don’t want to mention his country due to rules in the forum. But it is sad to see these types of people here.

People like that are wasting their own time and they don’t realize it. He wrote that crap, that took him time. He will supposedly read the replies, that’s another time loss right there. And all for what?

Nothing. Nobody will deliver around 75k words for $10. Not even the meksells. He will get zero out of it. I don’t get it.

1037234699_Screenshot2020-06-20at18_47_17.thumb.png.aead12439d57cd82ac99577781911e2c.png
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 18.47.171044×632 59.5 KB

Let’s break this down:

1. This person is asking for the impossible. There’s no way to remove a non solid background from video without rotoscoping - if there was, rotoscoping wouldn’t exist, nobody would take the time. The biggest, baddest, most powerful Hollywood studios can’t do that. Can’t be done. Maybe in 10 years, with a super computer and machine learning.

2. 25€ budget for 12 videos, so… 2€ per video after Fiverr fees. Ahahah.

3. Nice breach of TOS in the last line, asking for FB or IG.

Btw, it had 19 offers. Because of course it did.

Let’s break this down:

1. This person is asking for the impossible. There’s no way to remove a non solid background from video without rotoscoping - if there was, rotoscoping wouldn’t exist, nobody would take the time. The biggest, baddest, most powerful Hollywood studios can’t do that. Can’t be done. Maybe in 10 years, with a super computer and machine learning.

2. 25€ budget for 12 videos, so… 2€ per video after Fiverr fees. Ahahah.

3. Nice breach of TOS in the last line, asking for FB or IG.

Btw, it had 19 offers. Because of course it did.

It also doesn’t give an attachment with any of the videos so the seller could see whether it would be easy/difficult. They also don’t say what type of background it is, so with them not saying and no attachments it doesn’t give the seller much info really (eg. if it happened to be a blue background that might have been keyable but they don’t say).

if there was, rotoscoping wouldn’t exist, nobody would take the time. The biggest, baddest, most powerful Hollywood studios can’t do that. Can’t be done. Maybe in 10 years, with a super computer and machine learning.

I agree. If it can’ be keyed it would most likely have to be rotoscoped and probably take a lot of time/work. In theory a difference matte may possibly work but in practice it most probably woudn’t (eg. because of lighting/shadow differences etc.).

Some studios are using LED screens in replacement of some green screens now (eg. The Mandalorian) though.

Maybe someone with the right software and hardware could make a machine learning system that could do it - or for simpler roto videos.

Though the buyer says “€25 FOR A COMPLETE EDITING JOB OF 12 VIDEOS” their budget is listed at $269 so maybe they made a mistake or it’s €25 per video.

It also doesn’t give an attachment with any of the videos so the seller could see whether it would be easy/difficult. They also don’t say what type of background it is, so with them not saying and no attachments it doesn’t give the seller much info really (eg. if it happened to be a blue background that might have been keyable but they don’t say).

if there was, rotoscoping wouldn’t exist, nobody would take the time. The biggest, baddest, most powerful Hollywood studios can’t do that. Can’t be done. Maybe in 10 years, with a super computer and machine learning.

I agree. If it can’ be keyed it would most likely have to be rotoscoped and probably take a lot of time/work. In theory a difference matte may possibly work but in practice it most probably woudn’t (eg. because of lighting/shadow differences etc.).

Some studios are using LED screens in replacement of some green screens now (eg. The Mandalorian) though.

Maybe someone with the right software and hardware could make a machine learning system that could do it - or for simpler roto videos.

Though the buyer says “€25 FOR A COMPLETE EDITING JOB OF 12 VIDEOS” their budget is listed at $269 so maybe they made a mistake or it’s €25 per video.

Any solid wall of a different color than the subject is in practice a “green screen”. Any solid wall of a different luminosity is in practice also a “green screen” with a luma key. Sure, a “green screen” should be green in theory, but in common usage people call any background for keying a green screen, and this person was very specific in not having one. The fact that he had to specifically say no masking means it’s probably just a random background.

“Though the buyer says “€25 FOR A COMPLETE EDITING JOB OF 12 VIDEOS” their budget is listed at $269 so maybe they made a mistake or it’s €25 per video.”

He wrote in capitals that it’s 25€ for a complete editing job of 12 videos. There’s no way to interpret that differently, and the price he posted doesn’t make sense if you divide it by 12.

634344991_Screenshot2020-06-20at19_13_22.thumb.png.859d9f04dc395b9c6892fee8178d2a45.png
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 19.13.221180×250 20.7 KB

LMAO. 100 videos for 10 bucks, plus 6 thumbnails per video. You would take over an hour just to watch them. If your computer exports in 1:1, another hour just for that. Plus exporting the thumbnails (600 of them), easily another hour there if you can export one every 10 seconds. And I don’t even understand if they’re sending anything, it sounds like they want you to shoot?

Hey, if you want to make less than 10 cents an hour, there’s your opportunity. 8 people already applied, so rush!

LMAO. 100 videos for 10 bucks, plus 6 thumbnails per video. You would take over an hour just to watch them. If your computer exports in 1:1, another hour just for that. Plus exporting the thumbnails (600 of them), easily another hour there if you can export one every 10 seconds. And I don’t even understand if they’re sending anything, it sounds like they want you to shoot?

Hey, if you want to make less than 10 cents an hour, there’s your opportunity. 8 people already applied, so rush!

It says “…I am onl willing to pay $10 for everything NOT $10 per video/thumbnail”.

Budget listed: $5.

for website seller buyer request is completely a joke. all click baiters will give link of their own website with high budget. but I am damn sure they will never hire anyone. cause reference website is so ugly. no CSS at all maybe.

and some ask for making similar like aliexpress, amazon or google search engine or fiverr at only 7$ xD
N.B: Only level 2 or top rated seller can sent request. no newbie.

Then boom 100+ offers already sent.

I just converted a $5 offer into an $800 order,

Let me know when the money is cleared, until then…

EDIT

My experience on Fiverr as a buyer was horrible, mostly. Scammers and frauds all over, and only as I started to work as a seller, I see the full range of how things work and how much work you have to put into getting skilled people to do the job.

The concept of getting 800$ after starting with 5$ is just surreal. I do not see buyers with a budget of 800$ using Fiverr, so I hope your experience turns out positive, and you actually get paid.

I do not see buyers with a budget of 800$ using Fiverr

This is what I used to think before as well but there are many categories of jobs where you can expect these prices, last month I got one for 850$ for website development, so its possible on fiverr 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

image.png.f86df560ed36feb7a559881b55739998.png
This one is my own as it clearly states is part of aptitude test. And the result is in matter of seconds 13 offers, only 3 read the request. Normally, those 3 saying am I crazy for 100 = 5, while rest is convincing me they can deliver unlimited revisions all that I am asking. Plus the best part none of them has mandala GIG. I will delete BR now.

As New No level you lose BR every day. As Level 1 you get to keep and see them every day, and that is not always a great thing.

Just saw this one … :roll_eyes:

request.thumb.png.7beec517fe63075ebe2597cd1de77d9a.png
request2100×242 125 KB

Now, I have actually calculated what it would take to be as close as possible to be able to promise him 4,000+ hours of watch time (It is against Fiverr’s Community Standards to promise these kinds of results, but we will disregard that for now). The only way to be relatively sure about what kind of results you are going to get is by using Google Ads. Channel shoutouts are unreliable, and you would not be able to guarantee that kind of result at all.

In fact, it would take $2500 using Google Ads targeting low-income countries to get around 4,000 hours of watch time if his content is relatively engaging, and you were to take no profit as a seller. This seems high, but many viewers who click on ads do so by accident or just to leave a dislike because of their hatred of ads. Thus, the average watch time will be very low. Now, if his content is subpar, it might cost even more, and we will be talking $3000+.

I am very tempted to leave an offer for $3000 just to see what he says.

EDIT: The request is already gone. Seems like he accepted an offer. :rofl:
It is either going to lead to disappointment, a YouTube suspension, or both.

Archived