Signature or no signature?

gabrielamelody

Hey forum!

I’m new to Fiverr and I have just uploaded my first gig that revolves around doing art commissions. A question to fellow artists and to outside customer perspectives as well:

When you give your customer the final piece of art, do you include your signature on the artwork? (Signature, not watermark!)

Part of me feels like as long as it is subtle, I definitely should because its my work! I treat my digital art pieces as if they were physical pieces of art that always have the artist’s signature somewhere on it. However, if a customer does ask to remove my signature, how should I go about that? I’ve been thinking about this a lot, so please let me know!

Thanks guys <3,

Gaby

I think that will depend on the type of art. If it’s art as an asset, to be used as part of something else, of course there shouldn’t be a signature on it. If it’s something like a painting, it’s perfectly expected (and desirable) to be signed by the artist. I would much prefer to hang an original painting/artistic photography/etc. that was signed by the artist than not.

You will only get into trouble with it. I promise to you. If the customer doesn’t want a signature - that’s the way it is.

By the way: why don’t you paint furries? : D: D: D

yeah, man. like, would you draw me? what is a furry to you?

some customers may prefer a signed piece. maybe make it optional?

I think that will depend on the type of art. If it’s art as an asset, to be used as part of something else, of course there shouldn’t be a signature on it. If it’s something like a painting, it’s perfectly expected (and desirable) to be signed by the artist. I would much prefer to hang an original painting/artistic photography/etc. that was signed by the artist than not.

That makes sense! Thank you so much for your advice 🙂

You will only get into trouble with it. I promise to you. If the customer doesn’t want a signature - that’s the way it is.

Would it be wrong if I mentioned on my gig that I would have to include one? I don’t necessarily do commercial work. Just commissions! Or should I just let it be mentioned if it is brought up? I dont want to upset a customer

I don’t do furries because I’m not very skilled at them haha… There’s a huge crowd for furries and I just wouldn’t be able to deliver! Thanks for your advice 🙂

Archived