Buyer's Request: 39 Offers, Should you bid ❓

It might not have been an actual price the buyer was asking (place holder?) ie. the real price might have been nothing like the $5000. It just might have meant the buyer meant have wanted to negotiate or maybe ask for more details.

actual price the buyer was asking (

I am the buyer. I left price blank

meant the buyer meant have wanted to negotiate

I never indicated that I wanted to negotiate price.

$5000 is rather high for a 500 word article, even for huge corporation.

• Like 4

Sorry I meant seller. A seller can’t leave a price blank to negotiate or ask questions (eg. if a request is unclear) so they might put the max price there just so something is there and so the buyer is unlikely to order directly without contacting them first. I agree they should have put a price that was more realistic.

• Like 4

I just came back to thank you for this thread. I strongly believe it helped me to lend my very first order.
Seeing how ridiculous responses on buyer’s requests can be, allowed me not to lose hope and keep replying to them, even when there already were hundreds of other replies. I was about 150th to reply to the request I ended up getting.
I would never reply with some generic nonsense without addressing buyer’s requirements anyway, that’s just basic human integrity and professional ethics, but I would have gave up very soon if not for your thread.

Thank you so much for providing this insight into buyer’s experience. You are now partially responsible for kicking off my fiverr career 😄

• Like 11

I just came back to thank you for this thread. I strongly believe it helped me to lend my very first order.

Seeing how ridiculous responses on buyer’s requests can be, allowed me not to lose hope and keep replying to them, even when there already were hundreds of other replies. I was about 150th to reply to the request I ended up getting.

I would never reply with some generic nonsense without addressing buyer’s requirements anyway, that’s just basic human integrity and professional ethics, but I would have gave up very soon if not for your thread.

Thank you so much for providing this insight into buyer’s experience. You are now partially responsible for kicking off my fiverr career 😄 .

My very best for a successful freelancing career, where ever it may be.

🧡

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Most of the new sellers try to get their first order and they’re desperate for that may be that’s the reason for those many offers being useless for you and sometimes the amount you put in request also makes the level 2 or top rated sellers think if they should put a bid or not.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is such a great thread, @gina_riley2

I live on a farm and at the moment we have a gang of five dogs, each with its own personality. My favorite is Jacob One-Eye (There’s one blog for you just about his the origin of his name). He is a small, black, pavement special and he absolutely loves riding at the back of my husband’s truck.

I see this is an old thread actually - but I would love to hear the outcome. Did you find someone for your dog blogs in the end?

Regards

Helena

• Like 4

• 9 months later...