Community Moderators Needed!

Lots of great people seem to be applying which is great.
My preference would have to be towards those who stay active on the forum and steer or control conversations to stop them getting to the point of being closed/removed. Proactive rather than reactive essentially. This does tend to take up more time though so it’s a tough method to commit to.

• Like 40

Over the last few years, there have been some amazing moderators who have, and continue to volunteer their time to help ensure that this community stays on task and conversations here are helpful and civil.

Don’t forget I was a forum moderator as well over the same “last few years”, although, I won’t go so far as to refer to myself as a “rockstar”… maybe just a traveling minstrel. 😉

I remember you helped me!!! Thanks!

• Like 47
  • Up 1

Lots of great people seem to be applying which is great.

My preference would have to be towards those who stay active on the forum and steer or control conversations to stop them getting to the point of being closed/removed. Proactive rather than reactive essentially. This does tend to take up more time though so it’s a tough method to commit to.

A diverse group of people would be ideal. Different ages, ethnicities, and of course different POV.

You are one of the Rockstars 🎸 on this forum… Can you give the hopefuls advice? Yanno, some of the pros and cons of the job. 😁

• Like 39
  • Up 1

Tbh why all the meksells or “how do I get orders” posts don’t just get directly dumped or deleted is a mystery to me. There are SO many and there’s so many replies to them already. Every new user can just spend 30 seconds looking up the older topics. I understand freedom of speech, but some days my Home is filled with 30 posts like these and maybe people who really need help get buried under the “how to get 1st order” posts and that bugs me a lot.

There are SO many and there’s so many replies to them already. Every new user can just spend 30 seconds looking up the older topics.

That’s why I always thought that the ability to post on the forum should be restricted until you reach level 1.

Let’s face it, most of the people who post these kinds of posts aren’t going to make it. More importantly, no one here actually wants to help these people. (Of course, no one will say that.)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

There are SO many and there’s so many replies to them already. Every new user can just spend 30 seconds looking up the older topics.

That’s why I always thought that the ability to post on the forum should be restricted until you reach level 1.

Let’s face it, most of the people who post these kinds of posts aren’t going to make it. More importantly, no one here actually wants to help these people. (Of course, no one will say that.)

For me personally, it’s not a question of not wanting to help, but more a “I don’t know how to help you” for 2 reasons:

1. there’s no secret formula for secured success on Fiverr and that’s what these people are basically asking. “Hey give me the recipe and I’ll make you a pie!” – it doesn’t work like this.

2. People who don’t spend 2 seconds looking up the solution to their own problems aren’t going to listen to you, whatever advice you give. Yes they will say “Thank you for your great advice” and then forget about it. And let’s be honest, most advice is about working harder and making your Gigs better, and that’s just something you know these people aren’t going to do because they’re looking for the Pie Recipe of Point 1.

• Like 35
  • Up 1

Can a moderator tell me how much time they dedicate to this each week? I don’t want to make it to where I can’t get other work done, but it could be fun to give it a try, if accepted.

Can a moderator tell me how much time they dedicate to this each week? I don’t want to make it to where I can’t get other work done, but it could be fun to give it a try, if accepted.

It’s written in the very first post:

You’re able to jump in and commit to moderating 10-15 min blocks, at least 3-4 days per week.

• Like 33
  • Up 1

It’s written in the very first post:

You’re able to jump in and commit to moderating 10-15 min blocks, at least 3-4 days per week.

Right… That’s one person, I was trying to get a response from more than one person.

• Like 28
  • Up 1

Can a moderator tell me how much time they dedicate to this each week?

I was a moderator for a few weeks. I found it too time intensive. It’s not about looking at the forum for 15-minutes a day. You have to get updates from other Mods, stay up to speed with the Mod scene, double check rules and guidelines, etc. All that is fine if you have the time for it. However, I didn’t and I definitely wouldn’t these days.

Now I’m actually of the opinion that it is a bit cheeky for Fiverr to just not hire a few Mods.

Think about it this way. If the perks are so awesome, why aren’t all the old Mods still Moderating?

Time is money.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1