Support canceled order that was delivered. Buyer wanted something out of the original requirements

loathen

They canceled the original order, you don’t seem to understand there is a seperate revision request after the job is done, because the buyer didn’t inform me about transparent requirement.

I didn’t initiated any cancelation request. Support asked me to make a revision. I said the original order is complete. They said we will give you payment for revision. In the end, I said I don’t want that payment. Original order shouldn’t be affacted.

Support asked me to make a revision. I said the original order is complete.

I agree on cancellation thing with you!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It Hurts 😦 when you doo so much hardwork and buyer just simply say its not working or its not like what i am looking for!
It Hurts More if you do exactly same as buyer asked for and at the end buyer keep asking for changing just to check your stamina.

And he should have told me he wants all white picture. Do you expect me to have information about tshirt printing?

I understand what he wants but he said it after the work was done.

Sorry but it’s common sense that the buyer needs a transparent background. It’s useless to not have one.

The buyer didn’t quite know how to explain this properly but it’s pretty clear what he meant because no one would want this without a transparent background for a tshirt. It makes no sense.

Upwork has you bidding on projects. It’s not a replacement. I don’t want to bid on stuff. I want to have a storefront and be contacted by clients. Fiverr is the only platform that works like that efficiently.

Yep, fully agree. I want clients to find me, not the other way round.

That’s why I’m so down on the whole buyer request feature. It just takes too much time.

Sorry but it’s common sense that the buyer needs a transparent background. It’s useless to not have one.

The buyer didn’t quite know how to explain this properly but it’s pretty clear what he meant because no one would want this without a transparent background for a tshirt. It makes no sense.

Do you expect every designer to have information about t shirt printing? He didn’t say it, he cant use this as an excuse to cancel the order.

Do you expect every designer to have information about t shirt printing? He didn’t say it, he cant use this as an excuse to cancel the order.

Do you expect every designer to have information about t shirt printing?

No, but I do expect a seller to use common sense. Doing this without a transparent background makes no sense at all and no buyer in their right mind would want that. You shouldn’t need a buyer to tell you how to do your job correctly.

No, but I do expect a seller to use common sense. Doing this without a transparent background makes no sense at all and no buyer in their right mind would want that. You shouldn’t need a buyer to tell you how to do your job correctly.

You are completely wrong. This is not a logo. I got a black and white picture, and buyer told me he needs this with another text and picture. I literally did that.

What if they wanted to print this on a white t-shirt, and wanted me to just deliver them with just black color?

Do you realize they want it all white now? Can you really tell me that I should have delivered only white lines, without being told about it? Does that make sense to you?

You are completely wrong. This is not a logo. I got a black and white picture, and buyer told me he needs this with another text and picture. I literally did that.

What if they wanted to print this on a white t-shirt, and wanted me to just deliver them with just black color?

Do you realize they want it all white now? Can you really tell me that I should have delivered only white lines, without being told about it? Does that make sense to you?

I know it’s not a logo. You think only logos have transparent backgrounds?

No one wants a tshirt design with a background. It would be ugly and only look ok on a white tshirt.

I’ve never ever seen a tshirt decal with a background. Why? Because it would look awful.

I can tell by the design that it would look awful without a transparent background, too. You’re a designer and you don’t see that…

I know it’s not a logo. You think only logos have transparent backgrounds?

No one wants a tshirt design with a background. It would be ugly and only look ok on a white tshirt.

I’ve never ever seen a tshirt decal with a background. Why? Because it would look awful.

I can tell by the design that it would look awful without a transparent background, too. You’re a designer and you don’t see that…

You are really stuck up about this. I can’t explain anything to you, let me just say “you are right” and you can stop writing to me about this.

You are really stuck up about this. I can’t explain anything to you, let me just say “you are right” and you can stop writing to me about this.

I’m not stuck up. It’s called using common sense. It isn’t being stuck up if literally everyone who sells tshirts know this.

No one wants a tshirt design with a white background behind it. Think about what people want.

I’m not stuck up. It’s called using common sense. It isn’t being stuck up if literally everyone who sells tshirts know this.

No one wants a tshirt design with a white background behind it. Think about what people want.

Common sense is that, right? “No one wants a tshirt design with a white background behind it.”

Guess what? He wants it without any black background behind it. This is not common sense. I won’t reply to you anymore, you are just being hostile at this point. Just read my original post.

Common sense is that, right? “No one wants a tshirt design with a white background behind it.”

Guess what? He wants it without any black background behind it. This is not common sense. I won’t reply to you anymore, you are just being hostile at this point. Just read my original post.

I mixed up the colour. The point is that no one wants ANY background on a tshirt because it looks awful. You will never see this on a tshirt because no one would buy it…

You’re mad this order was cancelled and I’m telling you how to avoid this happening again. That shouldn’t make you angry.

There’s no point in posting this if you aren’t going to take the help given to you and be mad at us for explaining.

no buyer in their right mind would want that

I did multiple t-shirt designs with a solid color rectangular graphic (no transparency). Heck, I’m wearing one right now and I think it’s pretty stylish.

favicon.icoSociety6 abstract-female-figure-202125254-tshirts.jpg.a6e9fd954add0aff128187fcf8a7d0bd.jpg

Abstract Female Figure 20 T-shirt by cityart7

Buy Abstract Female Figure 20 T-shirt by cityart7. Worldwide shipping available at Society6.com. Just one of millions of high quality products available.

Price: 20.79

T-shirt designs require transparency more often than not but it’s not a given. In fact, I had to bring the background back once because the buyer wanted the design to be the exact copy of the poster I did earlier. No transparency.

Sorry for your predicament, OP.

I did multiple t-shirt designs with a solid color rectangular graphic (no transparency). Heck, I’m wearing one right now and I think it’s pretty stylish.

favicon.icoSociety6 3ee5c5e598e8298e6c6047eab03e56d8b09541eb.jpeg

Buy Abstract Female Figure 20 T-shirt by cityart7. Worldwide shipping available at Society6.com. Just one of millions of high quality products available.

T-shirt designs require transparency more often than not but it’s not a given. In fact, I had to bring the background back once because the buyer wanted the design to be the exact copy of the poster I did earlier. No transparency.

Finally somebody else with some sense. It’s not a given. Some buyers would want transparent background, some buyers wouldn’t. This was a communication failure on both parts. But it wouldn’t warrant a cancelation in any case, since the buyer did not fail to meet the clearly stated scope. Anything not clearly stated is up to interpretation and not grounds for cancelation.

favicon.icoSociety6 3ee5c5e598e8298e6c6047eab03e56d8b09541eb.jpeg

I get that but I’m referring to this case and designs like it. I understood what the buyer meant and the seller could have clarified that with the buyer.

If you look at the picture it would look awful on a tshirt if it has a square behind it.

I also want to mention I tried to find middle ground by making the revision, he was being really difficult on the revision. I don’t want the $10 for the revision I have made. The original order has no grounds for cancelation.

I get that but I’m referring to this case and designs like it. I understood what the buyer meant and the seller could have clarified that with the buyer.

If you look at the picture it would look awful on a tshirt if it has a square behind it.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I’d probably make it transparent from the beginning just to be safe but we as designers sometimes can’t know where and how our designs will be printed. And if someone’s going to squeeze it and stretch it and then complain about the font looking different. Buyers tend to keep this information secret and then assume there is a uniform rule and a uniform size for anything and everything.

Again, I got yelled at for making a t-shirt design transparent once. 🙂 Also, my “awful” and your average client’s “awful” are often drastically different things.

Disclaimer: I don’t condone merging layers under any circumstances. Don’t do it to yourself, people, protect your nerve sells.

I also want to mention I tried to find middle ground by making the revision, he was being really difficult on the revision. I don’t want the $10 for the revision I have made. The original order has no grounds for cancelation.

Whatever your position on this, it WILL happen again if you aren’t absolutely clear and make sure you understand the buyer.

Your gig should explain that a transparent background isn’t included and that the buyer needs to expressly ask for it if they want it. (Or buy it as an extra I’d you like). Then you can probably prevent this from happening again. A lot of buyers don’t even know the term “transparent background” so they wouldn’t think to describe it that way. So you can explain what it is in the gig.

Whatever your position on this, it WILL happen again if you aren’t absolutely clear and make sure you understand the buyer.

Your gig should explain that a transparent background isn’t included and that the buyer needs to expressly ask for it if they want it. (Or buy it as an extra I’d you like). Then you can probably prevent this from happening again. A lot of buyers don’t even know the term “transparent background” so they wouldn’t think to describe it that way. So you can explain what it is in the gig.

My gig is “graphic design works”, not tshirt design. It is up to buyer to include if he wants this on a transparent background. And since he didn’t say anything about that, he can’t asked for a cancelation. This is simply my case here.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I’d probably make it transparent from the beginning just to be safe but we as designers sometimes can’t know where and how our designs will be printed. And if someone’s going to squeeze it and stretch it and then complain about the font looking different. Buyers tend to keep this information secret and then assume there is a uniform rule and a uniform size for anything and everything.

Again, I got yelled at for making a t-shirt design transparent once. 🙂 Also, my “awful” and your average client’s “awful” are often drastically different things.

Disclaimer: I don’t condone merging layers under any circumstances. Don’t do it to yourself, people, protect your nerve sells.

Fair enough. I still think he should have clarified with the buyer instead of assuming. A lot of people don’t know the term “transparent background.” It needs to be clear that he doesn’t include that as default and also explain what it is.

I can tell what the buyer meant to say.

My gig is “graphic design works”, not tshirt design. It is up to buyer to include if he wants this on a transparent background. And since he didn’t say anything about that, he can’t asked for a cancelation. This is simply my case here.

It doesn’t matter if it was a tshirt gig or what. You need a clear scope no matter what your gig includes. Otherwise misunderstandings happen.

A lot of buyers don’t know all the design terminology and don’t know how to ask for what they want so you need to make it clear to them what you include and what they need to ask for. Otherwise there will be misunderstandings.

This would also help if there is a scam: because a clear scope means there’s little room for someone to claim misinterpretation.

yep fiverr does not help even a bit, I’m thinking about switching platforms to upwork. I think i’ll meet better clients, and have a better experience there, as Fiverr has left me no other choice than to leave.

I came from Upwork to Fiverr because Upwork is unworkable for sellers. You just spend time bidding hoping some buyer will get interested in you and when you finish the credits to bid you have to buy them. I’m not there to spend money, I’m there to earn them. In 3 years I’ve been on Upwork, I got maybe 4 or 5 jobs. In 5 months on fiverr I got 30+.

Now that I’ve left I keep receiving job invitations for some unknown reasons (it’s when a buyer directly asks for you instead of you asking them to work on their project). They can keep them, I’m not going back lol

You didn’t get it right then…transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

I also see blurred edges…not so good for printing purpose

transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

what ? 😃 how did you reached this conclusion ?

true , but it can work on a background as well , depends… for instance I deliver both transparent and background files

Archived