Support canceled order that was delivered. Buyer wanted something out of the original requirements

loathen

Then he can also hire someone to remove a background. Same deal.

haha…thats not a way…no buyer will pay double for a single service…

changing color can be just $5 and removing lines would be $15…so why I dont expect to get my first delivery right where I already spent 15 ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, depends I’ve had a client who came to my mastering gig, asked for my music, sent her some and now she became a fan she would talk like ‘‘hey dude, the lows sound a little bit muddy, can you run it back again’’, now I ain’t saying you’ll get buyers like her, but using ‘‘hey’’ is better, more accurate, and far more formal than dude

Oh, if the client starts calling you dude, using dude in response is fine. It’s always safe to call the buyer whatever they’re calling you. Just don’t open with it.

haha…thats not a way…no buyer will pay double for a single service…

changing color can be just $5 and removing lines would be $15…so why I dont expect to get my first delivery right where I already spent 15 ?

Because you don’t seem to understand that this is subjective. Some buyers will prefer no background. Other buyers will prefer with background. You have to ask. If they don’t say, you do whatever you think is best. Sometimes you’ll get it right. Sometimes you won’t. But that’s not your responsibility.

I’ve had two different clients asking me for the exact same thing. I deliver the same thing to both. One loves it, the other hates it. Buyers can’t say what they want most of the time.

I mean, yep that works, lol but using dude is far more better than using sir, were not in the court of the queen of england you know.

I dont know how people find “SIR” offensive when I have world wide clients keep calling me that all the time…and I do that too and they never ever complained about it…

I have never beed to any other country , but what I learned is all came froms the same source as this fiverr Forum…

now after 8 years, its first time I am hearing saying Sir is offensive and we are in court of england ?

but I take the advice !

I dont know how people find “SIR” offensive when I have world wide clients keep calling me that all the time…and I do that too and they never ever complained about it…

I have never beed to any other country , but what I learned is all came froms the same source as this fiverr Forum…

now after 8 years, its first time I am hearing saying Sir is offensive and we are in court of england ?

but I take the advice !

I find that very strange. No client has ever called me Sir. Ever. 90% of them just start with “Hi,” or “Hello,”. Others go straight to talking about what they need.

but I take the advice !

I didn’t say offensive it just leaves a weird impression, wouldn’t a buyer feel a little comfort if you use hey, but still depends on you. never said it was offensive,

I didn’t say offensive it just leaves a weird impression, wouldn’t a buyer feel a little comfort if you use hey, but still depends on you. never said it was offensive,

This. It’s not like it’s an insult… It’s just… odd, and the type of seller that tends to use “dear sir/maam” is usually quite bad. You don’t want to be associated with them.

Because you don’t seem to understand that this is subjective. Some buyers will prefer no background. Other buyers will prefer with background. You have to ask. If they don’t say, you do whatever you think is best. Sometimes you’ll get it right. Sometimes you won’t. But that’s not your responsibility.

I’ve had two different clients asking me for the exact same thing. I deliver the same thing to both. One loves it, the other hates it. Buyers can’t say what they want most of the time.

but here this client wanted it to be on transparent background…and excuse that seller made was he didnt make the art that way…

its like merging all Photoshop layers and sayI cant separate them any more…

Of course its Artist’s responsibility to create art as customizable as possible, and here I see its possible to create art that way thats all !

if buyer wants with background give him one, and if on transparent background…share one…because you have file where you can easily edit that.

Being a seller its our responsibility to ask each and every question related to your work more like studying what you are going to work on.

but here this client wanted it to be on transparent background…and excuse that seller made was he didnt make the art that way…

its like merging all Photoshop layers and sayI cant separate them any more…

Of course its Artist’s responsibility to create art as customizable as possible, and here I see its possible to create art that way thats all !

if buyer wants with background give him one, and if on transparent background…share one…because you have file where you can easily edit that.

Being a seller its our responsibility to ask each and every question related to your work more like studying what you are going to work on.

I agree that there should have been a more clear scope for the order. The transparency should have been discussed beforehand. However, I don’t think this was a fair cancelation regardless. The work was done according to what was discussed. The client was free to leave a review detailing his experience with the lack of transparency. But the seller deserves to get paid for his work.

This. It’s not like it’s an insult… It’s just… odd, and the type of seller that tends to use “dear sir/maam” is usually quite bad. You don’t want to be associated with them.

idk man, i think you don’t get it, using sir tends to make the conversation really weird, trust me buying from sellers who use, dear,sir and madam, usually very weird, now this is freelancing not a corporate job, clients won’t give you the work until you actually keep the conversation alive.

idk man, i think you don’t get it, using sir tends to make the conversation really weird, trust me buying from sellers who use, dear,sir and madam, usually very weird, now this is freelancing not a corporate job, clients won’t give you the work until you actually keep the conversation alive.

I don’t get it? Really? LOL

The problem with “sir” is cultural. It’s used heavily by meksells. If you use “sir” with a client, you are saying you’re like all the other sellers who do the same. And those sellers are terrible. They have very poor english skills. Etc. You give the wrong impression. And that’s why you should avoid it at all costs.

Straight up scammer, probably a chargeback? Get in touch with support, ask them why, ask for a refund. Probably won’t do any good though. They aren’t fair.

probably a chargeback?

Actually, a chargeback would say, “cancelled by the buyer”. 😉

It doesn’t matter, he never said transparent background. Look at the example he sent. You know, I could have sent ALL BLACK, without any white. He wants all white.

You guys shouldn’t hung up on “it’s just transparent background, you should have made it”. This is not about what I can do, what I should have done. I have done it like the example and according to his requirements.

He wants all white.

From my point of view/understanding: I think the buyer wanted to have a white version of the artwork with no secondary color in the artwork such as a dark blue or black. This gives the buyer flexibility to print it on all color background T-Shirts excepts White 🙂 .

With your current artwork its not possible for the buyer to have this flexibility. (this could be reason the buyer is unhappy!!)

Single Color Print !!

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.b03024e2b283ca9a88b8cf39046ae9a2.jpg

Hello. Just now, Fiverr Support canceled an order that I have delivered, and got 5 stars from.

See the request here, he wrote the same to requirements on order. After this we talked about the price, agreed, and I sent him my first work. Did a few revisions and he liked the final product. Gave me 5 stars.

Now, see the requirements and see the example and final product.

They are around the same, right? I mean, buyer liked it.

Then comes the buyer, asking for transparent version. I deleted the background and gave him this

That should be it from me. I delivered the order according to original requirements.

He wants a FULL TRANSPARENT version. No blacks. Now, I have made this without ever thinking of transparency. Why would I? I can’t just delete every little black on this picture because of the way I made it. He said he can’t use it, and said he wanted transparent. I told him he never said that and I delivered the order.

Then customer support comes in, telling me he is unhappy. We talked, I told the same thing I wrote here, I did my job exactly as he described. They wanted to find middle ground and asked me what would I charge for a revision. I told $10, he said okay do it and tell us.

I made a transparent version, and the buyer keep making excuses like “the letters are not the same”, of course it is not, it has no shadows and blacks! And more along those lines.

This is the latest one I sent the buyer.

You know what he says? “the lines are different”, how it is different? Here is the version where I didn’t delete inside the letters and he liked this. Now he tells me they are different! (Yes, his arms are cutoff, but it is because of the placement he made)

Now, I said to him, you are being difficult. I won’t work on this anymore. And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do? Cancel THE ORIGINAL ORDER!

Fiverr support is not just and they don’t value their sellers. This is not about the money. The order was $15 anyway. I have canceled orders that are 10 times bigger because I couldn’t deliver the quality they asked, even after working for hours on them. I demand the money I earned and justice.

I said to him, you are being difficult. I won’t work on this anymore. And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do?

Cancellation it self was initiated by Seller and not Buyer…!

what can you expect CS to do ? give you your money and work you have done to buyer , that he can never use?

He wants all white.

From my point of view/understanding: I think the buyer wanted to have a white version of the artwork with no secondary color in the artwork such as a dark blue or black. This gives the buyer flexibility to print it on all color background T-Shirts excepts White 🙂 .

With your current artwork its not possible for the buyer to have this flexibility. (this could be reason the buyer is unhappy!!)

Single Color Print !!

Yeah, that’s completely accurate - the problem here is that the buyer was not clear about it from the beginning, so he is not entitled to a cancelation. Under TOS, “quality of delivery is not grounds for cancelation as long as work was done according to spec”. And it was. Badly defined spec, but that’s not the sellers fault.

He wants all white.

Single Color Print !!

And he should have told me he wants all white picture. Do you expect me to have information about tshirt printing?

I understand what he wants but he said it after the work was done.

Yeah, that’s completely accurate - the problem here is that the buyer was not clear about it from the beginning, so he is not entitled to a cancelation. Under TOS, “quality of delivery is not grounds for cancelation as long as work was done according to spec”. And it was. Badly defined spec, but that’s not the sellers fault.

buyer was not clear about it from the beginning, so he is not entitled to a cancelation

I said it…seller initiated cancellation ! not Buyer.!

and yes, I guess buyer was clear too, because this is how any art work or printing work works…

He clearly said - for tshirt !

buyer was not clear about it from the beginning, so he is not entitled to a cancelation

I said it…seller initiated cancellation ! not Buyer.!

and yes, I guess buyer was clear too, because this is how any art work or printing work works…

That can’t be right. Otherwise why is he complaining that the order was canceled by CS without his approval? Makes no sense.

That’s not enough. I’ve seen plenty of t-shirts printed with backgrounds. And just because I’m a graphic designer, that doesn’t make a t-shirt printing expert. He doesn’t have a single gig for t-shirts. It’s all generic graphic design.

That can’t be right. Otherwise why is he complaining that the order was canceled by CS without his approval? Makes no sense.

That’s not enough. I’ve seen plenty of t-shirts printed with backgrounds. And just because I’m a graphic designer, that doesn’t make a t-shirt printing expert. He doesn’t have a single gig for t-shirts. It’s all generic graphic design.

He said, he wont work any more…!

CS wont force him to work neither buyer t accept faulty delivery !

I said to him, you are being difficult. I won’t work on this anymore. And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do?

Cancellation it self was initiated by Seller and not Buyer…!

what can you expect CS to do ? give you your money and work you have done to buyer , that he can never use?

They canceled the original order, you don’t seem to understand there is a seperate revision request after the job is done, because the buyer didn’t inform me about transparent requirement.

I didn’t initiated any cancelation request. Support asked me to make a revision. I said the original order is complete. They said we will give you payment for revision. In the end, I said I don’t want that payment. Original order shouldn’t be affacted.

He said, he wont work any more…!

CS wont force him to work neither buyer t accept faulty delivery !

That’s not the same as initiating a cancelation. They can’t force the buyer to accept a delivery, but they can’t cancel it either. It stays open. Forever if need be. Example:

1142948509_Screenshot2020-05-25at05_29_43.thumb.png.6dff1252c695e95e28af0d6e47637883.png
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 05.29.431184×242 12.9 KB

Client was being unreasonable, tried to cancel. I refused. It has been open for exactly 2 years now. And I will never close it or cancel it. We’ll see what happens lol

And they can never cancel a finished order. Finished is finished.

the problem here is that the buyer was not clear about it from the beginning

It could be… It’s better to ask as many questions to the buyer until the brief is clear. In this case, I put an equal responsibility upon both the parties. Cancellation is not justified in this case in my sense but Fiverr can’t communicate directly with the buyer on seller’s behalf. After all its communication that can sort things out. Maybe the seller was too overloaded by the buyer that he was frustrated with the buyer. The buyer lacking communication skills or couldn’t explain his/her requirements clearly to the designer lead to this cancellation.

And he should have told me he wants all white picture.

No, he don’t want all white picture in my sense. I think he wanted just to have the lines artwork so as the secondary color of the t-shirt/background pops automatically after putting white ink on the surface.

Anyways, its all depends on the communication factor and, the skills of the designer to extract as much info as he/she can from his/her buyer until the brief is clear and he/she is ready to create an order.

Good Luck !!

It could be… It’s better to ask as many questions to the buyer until the brief is clear. In this case, I put an equal responsibility upon both the parties. Cancellation is not justified in this case in my sense but Fiverr can’t communicate directly with the buyer on seller’s behalf. After all its communication that can sort things out. Maybe the seller was too overloaded by the buyer that he was frustrated with the buyer. The buyer lacking communication skills or couldn’t explain his/her requirements clearly to the designer lead to this cancellation.

No, he don’t want all white picture in my sense. I think he wanted just to have the lines artwork so as the secondary color of the t-shirt/background pops automatically after putting white ink on the surface.

Anyways, its all depends on the communication factor and, the skills of the designer to extract as much info as he/she can from his/her buyer until the brief is clear and he/she is ready to create an order.

Good Luck !!

He does want an all white picture though. That’s literally what he expected to receive. The color of the t-shirt has no bearing on the designers work, since he doesn’t even have it.

Good Luck !!

I normally ask all the details from my customers. This seemed simple, and well explained. Except the part that he wanted it all white, no other color. The example picture and the requirements were given to me to create something. I did just that.

Archived