Support canceled order that was delivered. Buyer wanted something out of the original requirements

loathen

I literally see the solid texts on left side…right one is better

That’s not what we are talking about. There’s no side by side. There’s no right or left.

Image with background:

966955781_Screenshot2020-05-25at04_39_47.thumb.png.64464d7457729c3863ad582dec5f6ccf.png
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 04.39.47732×752 269 KB

Image without background:

1789661679_Screenshot2020-05-25at04_39_52.thumb.jpg.e658554fb74e9dd3407270aa99fc7107.jpg
Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 04.39.521114×966 227 KB

Where’s the quality difference? It’s literally the same image, with the background cropped following the silhouette.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s not what we are talking about. There’s no side by side. There’s no right or left.

Image with background:

Image without background:

Where’s the quality difference? It’s literally the same image, with the background cropped following the silhouette.

You didn’t get it right then…transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

I also see blurred edges…not so good for printing purpose

You didn’t get it right then…transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

I also see blurred edges…not so good for printing purpose

transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

No, it doesn’t. It absolutely does not mean that. Transparent background. The figure is not part of the background. The buyer did not express himself well. That’s HIS problem. I can get a client wanting exactly that - the figure with white lines and color, with no background around it.

Sure, the crop is a bit iffy, but there’s no reason to cancel - the seller did basically what was asked at every point. If the buyer was not satisfied, he could leave a review. Cancelation in this case makes no sense.

Its as simple as that, if some one shows you LOGO with black background you cant just create new logo with black background…!

its common that you create it on transparent background, buyer ordered it because he wants to use somewhere.

This is not a logo. It’s a black-white picture. And it’s common that you would have make the white background transparent. He wants it all white. Do you think that is common?

In any case, original requirements were met. That is no reason to cancel.

Hello. Just now, Fiverr Support canceled an order that I have delivered, and got 5 stars from.

See the request here, he wrote the same to requirements on order. After this we talked about the price, agreed, and I sent him my first work. Did a few revisions and he liked the final product. Gave me 5 stars.

Now, see the requirements and see the example and final product.

They are around the same, right? I mean, buyer liked it.

Then comes the buyer, asking for transparent version. I deleted the background and gave him this

That should be it from me. I delivered the order according to original requirements.

He wants a FULL TRANSPARENT version. No blacks. Now, I have made this without ever thinking of transparency. Why would I? I can’t just delete every little black on this picture because of the way I made it. He said he can’t use it, and said he wanted transparent. I told him he never said that and I delivered the order.

Then customer support comes in, telling me he is unhappy. We talked, I told the same thing I wrote here, I did my job exactly as he described. They wanted to find middle ground and asked me what would I charge for a revision. I told $10, he said okay do it and tell us.

I made a transparent version, and the buyer keep making excuses like “the letters are not the same”, of course it is not, it has no shadows and blacks! And more along those lines.

This is the latest one I sent the buyer.

You know what he says? “the lines are different”, how it is different? Here is the version where I didn’t delete inside the letters and he liked this. Now he tells me they are different! (Yes, his arms are cutoff, but it is because of the placement he made)

Now, I said to him, you are being difficult. I won’t work on this anymore. And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do? Cancel THE ORIGINAL ORDER!

Fiverr support is not just and they don’t value their sellers. This is not about the money. The order was $15 anyway. I have canceled orders that are 10 times bigger because I couldn’t deliver the quality they asked, even after working for hours on them. I demand the money I earned and justice.

And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do? Cancel THE ORIGINAL ORDER !

Fiverr Support can’t issue partial refunds on the order. Can you please confirm that you have created 2 orders for the buyer? And both were cancelled? or the original got cancelled?

transparency mean to say all dark color needs to be removed.

No, it doesn’t. It absolutely does not mean that. Transparent background. The figure is not part of the background. The buyer did not express himself well. That’s HIS problem. I can get a client wanting exactly that - the figure with white lines and color, with no background around it.

Sure, the crop is a bit iffy, but there’s no reason to cancel - the seller did basically what was asked at every point. If the buyer was not satisfied, he could leave a review. Cancelation in this case makes no sense.

I am not so sure whats so hard to understand here…but if someone asks me to create this, should I just create that on black background ?

il_570xN.1221556624_jtr8.jpg.e55bcc94a04dfb90f03bd90794309952.jpg
il_570xN.1221556624_jtr8570×712 21 KB

No I should craft only part that portrait original image that need to be printed.

white lines it self crafts figure, you just dont need to add background color…

this should like adding that white line on any color portrait the replica of original image…

Buyer stated he is going to use it on Tshirt and that term it self explains everything a designer needs to know.

This is not a logo. It’s a black-white picture. And it’s common that you would have make the white background transparent. He wants it all white. Do you think that is common?

In any case, original requirements were met. That is no reason to cancel.

the thing is I yandex searched the buyers image and found out it was included in a streaming clip, I think that its a fake account, i’ve previously encountered buyers, actual sellers doing outsourcing, buying work for more money that giving it to us for half the price, any Ideas on what I should do?

I am not so sure whats so hard to understand here…but if someone asks me to create this, should I just create that on black background ?

No I should craft only part that portrait original image that need to be printed.

white lines it self crafts figure, you just dont need to add background color…

this should like adding that white line on any color portrait the replica of original image…

Buyer stated he is going to use it on Tshirt and that term it self explains everything a designer needs to know.

Depends. It should be clearly stated, yes. I may want it on a black background, so i can print that on a white t-shirt. If you give me that on a transparent background, when I print it on a white t-shirt, the lines will be invisible. Everything will be invisible, actually, except the grey shades and the red.

So you just proved my point.

And I told support, I don’t want $10 for this revision I made, I won’t work anymore. What does the support do? Cancel THE ORIGINAL ORDER !

Fiverr Support can’t issue partial refunds on the order. Can you please confirm that you have created 2 orders for the buyer? And both were cancelled? or the original got cancelled?

Support told me they will give me $10 if the buyer got the versions he wants. The Original order was done, and they canceled that because he wanted something HE NEVER STATED

Support told me they will give me $10 if the buyer got the versions he wants. The Original order was done, and they canceled that because he wanted something HE NEVER STATED

So total value for the project is $25 (Initial Order Value :$15 + Follow-up Order for Revision: $10) ??

Support told me they will give me $10 if the buyer got the versions he wants.

So, the follow-up order is completed??

Depends. It should be clearly stated, yes. I may want it on a black background, so i can print that on a white t-shirt. If you give me that on a transparent background, when I print it on a white t-shirt, the lines will be invisible. Everything will be invisible, actually, except the grey shades and the red.

So you just proved my point.

NO IT WONT…

when they are only lines, any begginer or any other artist can change the color of that line to black…but if its whole figure and like the seller did…you cant just chang color…I am sorry its till not proved your poit…

can you explain ? what if I print same image that seller provided on white? and later on same color background that seller added ? result will be vary…and this MUST not be the case …

thats how it works

NO IT WONT…

when they are only lines, any begginer or any other artist can change the color of that line to black…but if its whole figure and like the seller did…you cant just chang color…I am sorry its till not proved your poit…

can you explain ? what if I print same image that seller provided on white? and later on same color background that seller added ? result will be vary…and this MUST not be the case …

thats how it works

Stop calling me sir. NEVER CALL ANYONE SIR.

Moving on - my point is what the client wants DEPENDS ON THE CLIENT. So the client must state if they want a transparent background, etc. from the beginning. That’s the buyer’s responsibility, not the seller.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind getting that godfather design in a black background. I would prefer it, actually, works nicely as a poster, for example. I don’t want an artist to change it, I want it ready to work with, and it works well with the black background.

So total value for the project is $25 (Initial Order Value :$15 + Follow-up Order for Revision: $10) ??

Support told me they will give me $10 if the buyer got the versions he wants.

So, the follow-up order is completed??

He wasn’t satisfied with the versions I made and I told him he is being difficult and order is over for me. I told support I don’t want $10 for revisions, he is being difficult and I won’t work for him anymore.

They go ahead and cancel the original order, that was in line with the requirements, as you can see.

Moving on - my point is what the client wants DEPENDS ON THE CLIENT. So the client must state if they want a transparent background, etc. from the beginning. That’s the buyer’s responsibility, not the seller.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind getting that godfather design in a black background. I would prefer it, actually, works nicely as a poster, for example. I don’t want an artist to change it, I want it ready to work with, and it works well with the black background.

I am sorry if its offensive to you but I didnt mean to…

In my society we dont find that offensive but the word to give respect…but anyways.

So the client must state if they want a transparent background

he did by saying its for Tshirt design…

client can not be so technically knowledgeable in field he want seller to work…but seller is an expert who handles the task well…

works nicely as a poste

but if its for Tshirt design ? and you are going to use it for profite ? it wont work any more.

In my society we dont find that offensive but the word to give respect…but anyways.

client can not be so technically knowledgeable in field he want seller to work…but seller is an expert who handles the task well…

works nicely as a poste

but if its for Tshirt design ? and you are going to use it for profite ? it wont work any more.

This is not your society. This is a global marketplace. It’s very unprofessional to call people “sir”. You really should not do that with your clients. Take my advice, it’s good advice, believe me. Others on the forum will tell you the exact same thing. You don’t even know if I’m male or female, for example. And even if you did - “sir” sounds subservient, like you are bellow me, like I have power over you. Bad idea.

works nicely as a poste

For t-shirt design, it won’t work on a white t-shirt. And remember, client knows nothing, so we wouldn’t be able to change the background, or the line color.

This is not your society. This is a global marketplace. It’s very unprofessional to call people “sir”. You really should not do that with your clients. Take my advice, it’s good advice, believe me. Others on the forum will tell you the exact same thing. You don’t even know if I’m male or female, for example. And even if you did - “sir” sounds subservient, like you are bellow me, like I have power over you. Bad idea.

Oh Right…that make sense…Thanks !

yeah, really unprofessional, you’re not here to bestow your respect upon the client’s be frank, use other words like, hey man, hey dude, using sir is very unprofessional it seem like that the buyer is helping you, not they give us money we do the work so, never use the word sir, its just unprofessional and it sounds cheesy,

He wasn’t satisfied with the versions I made and I told him he is being difficult and order is over for me. I told support I don’t want $10 for revisions, he is being difficult and I won’t work for him anymore.

They go ahead and cancel the original order, that was in line with the requirements, as you can see.

Better to seek clarification from the Support on this…

It might be a mistake on their end.

After, it’s all assumptions. Do create a ticket with the support or reply on the current one if its open and keep us posted.

yeah, really unprofessional, you’re not here to bestow your respect upon the client’s be frank, use other words like, hey man, hey dude, using sir is very unprofessional it seem like that the buyer is helping you, not they give us money we do the work so, never use the word sir, its just unprofessional and it sounds cheesy,

While true, I would avoid “dude” or “man”, way too far in the opposite direction. Just say “hey”. No need for anything else.

For t-shirt design, it won’t work on a white t-shirt. And remember, client knows nothing, so we wouldn’t be able to change the background, or the line color.

client knows nothing, so we wouldn’t be able to change the background, or the line color.

but can reuse by hiring some one else when an artist who made it, is not available to work any more.

While true, I would avoid “dude” or “man”, way too far in the opposite direction. Just say “hey”. No need for anything else.

I mean, yep that works, lol but using dude is far more better than using sir, were not in the court of the queen of england you know.

client knows nothing, so we wouldn’t be able to change the background, or the line color.

but can reuse by hiring some one else when an artist who made it, is not available to work any more.

Then he can also hire someone to remove a background. Same deal.

I mean, yep that works, lol but using dude is far more better than using sir, were not in the court of the queen of england you know.

It will depend on the client. Some clients will be pretty put off if you call them “dude”. It’s not professional. If you go to a big agency to get design work, nobody will call you dude.

It will depend on the client. Some clients will be pretty put off if you call them “dude”. It’s not professional. If you go to a big agency to get design work, nobody will call you dude.

yeah, depends I’ve had a client who came to my mastering gig, asked for my music, sent her some and now she became a fan she would talk like ‘‘hey dude, the lows sound a little bit muddy, can you run it back again’’, now I ain’t saying you’ll get buyers like her, but using ‘‘hey’’ is better, more accurate, and far more formal than dude

Archived