Who is the English test really for?

In addition to what others have said, I think that the test is also there so that those who can’t pass it can’t create writing gigs.

It’s a wonder how this test really works because if only those who pass it with great results could post writing gigs, then why the writing categories are full of people who can’t put two english words together without 10 grammar horrors? Not asking you, just really wondering why this is 😂

• Like 2

It’s a wonder how this test really works because if only those who pass it with great results could post writing gigs, then why the writing categories are full of people who can’t put two english words together without 10 grammar horrors? Not asking you, just really wondering why this is 😂

they are cheating the test maybe :)))

• Like 1

All tests on Fiverr are pointless. It’s trivial to get a high score on any of them if you really want, so that means nothing. In addition, they are not well constructed, they have outdated or wrong information on them, and on top of that buyers don’t care. Waste of time.

• Like 3

It’s a wonder how this test really works because if only those who pass it with great results

Not great, they just need to pass.

Plus there’s cheating.

Plus many users have created writing gigs before the tests were introduced.

• Like 2

All tests on Fiverr are pointless. It’s trivial to get a high score on any of them if you really want, so that means nothing. In addition, they are not well constructed, they have outdated or wrong information on them, and on top of that buyers don’t care. Waste of time.

on top of that buyers don’t care

I used to think that, too, but then I saw a buyer request where the buyer wanted someone with at least 8 on Blog & Articles test.

It looks like some buyers care.

• Like 1

on top of that buyers don’t care

I used to think that, too, but then I saw a buyer request where the buyer wanted someone with at least 8 on Blog & Articles test.

It looks like some buyers care.

Buyer request buyers are not buyers. What, you want me to prove my credentials and apply to your $5 job with samples? When I can just set up my gigs and sit back and wait for clients to have to prove themselves to me instead? Sure, sure.

• Like 1

Buyer request buyers are not buyers. What, you want me to prove my credentials and apply to your $5 job with samples? When I can just set up my gigs and sit back and wait for clients to have to prove themselves to me instead? Sure, sure.

Buyer request buyers are not buyers.

They do buy, so they are buyers.

You wouldn’t work with a buyer like that, and I wouldn’t work with many of them, either, but they do buy, and there are sellers willing to work with them.

• Like 1

Buyer request buyers are not buyers.

They do buy, so they are buyers.

You wouldn’t work with a buyer like that, and I wouldn’t work with many of them, either, but they do buy, and there are sellers willing to work with them.

Sure, it was not meant to be taken literally. The point is that buyers who post buyer requests demanding stuff like a score on a bogus test are not to be trusted, immediate red flag.

Sure, it was not meant to be taken literally. The point is that buyers who post buyer requests demanding stuff like a score on a bogus test are not to be trusted, immediate red flag.

The point is that buyers who post buyer requests demanding stuff like a score on a bogus test are not to be trusted, immediate red flag.

I wouldn’t be so judgmental, some of them might be all right and just be new and not know enough.

I doubt that they would ever become your buyers (I seriously doubt that any buyer who posts a request like that would have a sufficient budget for any of your services), but some of them might become mine. Maybe. Just maybe.

The point is that buyers who post buyer requests demanding stuff like a score on a bogus test are not to be trusted, immediate red flag.

I wouldn’t be so judgmental, some of them might be all right and just be new and not know enough.

I doubt that they would ever become your buyers (I seriously doubt that any buyer who posts a request like that would have a sufficient budget for any of your services), but some of them might become mine. Maybe. Just maybe.

Maybe i’m being too harsh, granted - but I’ve seen a lot of buyer requests that demand the world. It doesn’t even have to do with price, necessarily. But when I see a buyer demanding proof of everything, specially in a certain tone, it’s a red flag. They think they’re better than me. “You better be X, Y, Z, I need samples, perfect scores on tests, etc.” They are assuming that sellers replying to their buyer requests are idiots, pretty much.

Maybe i’m being too harsh, granted - but I’ve seen a lot of buyer requests that demand the world. It doesn’t even have to do with price, necessarily. But when I see a buyer demanding proof of everything, specially in a certain tone, it’s a red flag. They think they’re better than me. “You better be X, Y, Z, I need samples, perfect scores on tests, etc.” They are assuming that sellers replying to their buyer requests are idiots, pretty much.

I’ve seen a lot of buyer requests that demand the world

I’ve seen them, too.

But when I see a buyer demanding proof of everything, specially in a certain tone, it’s a red flag.

Definitely.

“You better be X, Y, Z, I need samples, perfect scores on tests, etc.”

:rofl: I laugh at those. I might post a screenshot somewhere, so we can all laugh at that nonsense.

I didn’t mean requests that are full of red flags, I meant those that have one thing that might be a red flag, but could also be lack of experience.

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons why I avoid Buyers Request section like a plague.

You never know who or what is lurking in those murky waters. 😬

74f6342afe773b2b1494ed5ce0514cf886a874fe

That shark is kinda cute.

A lot more cute than some buyers (the ones who demand the world for $5, delivered yesterday, with unlimited revisions).

• Like 2

A lot more cute than some buyers (the ones who demand the world for $5, delivered yesterday, with unlimited revisions).

That’s one of those paradoxes I’ll never get. As a buyer why would I ever give preference to unlimited revisions? Sounds like a great experience, having to go back and forth 20 times to get it right lol. My time is valueless, and I love spending it dealing with meksells!

• Like 2

I remember a long time a go. I used to venture into BR when I was BORED and just for giggles, nothing more.

I was doing this :point_down:t4: the whole time I was there.

200w.gif.f0e2dcc5981e2bf62596a5e8a4fbf409.gif

It just amazes me how people are expecting Million 💸 Dollar results for $5-$10 bucks.

• Like 2

That’s one of those paradoxes I’ll never get. As a buyer why would I ever give preference to unlimited revisions? Sounds like a great experience, having to go back and forth 20 times to get it right lol. My time is valueless, and I love spending it dealing with meksells!

Right?

Unlimited revisions means “I’ll take forever to understand your vision and do a proper job.” Why would that be desirable? To me it’s just common sense that it isn’t.

Why don’t people see how unattractive that is to ethical buyers? It’s not rocket science.

And obviously it Attracts scammers and unscrupulous buyers. And obviously having that in a contract means you have to do it…

• Like 2

Singling out a particular group of people is not nice. Plus it goes against the Community Guidelines.

i mentioned no offense to that group of people also i mean its helping them to show their english skills and build credibility for their customers

Its nothing wrong with what i said

I mean that was not the intention

If i offended anyone my sincere apologiez

• Like 1