Buyer Requests are too vague

chrisbpb

A lot of the time buyers submit requests but they contain 1/10th of the info needed for me to give a quote, but I can’t message them without putting in a quote? How can I ask them for more information before offering a quote?

Thanks

• Like 3

You can’t. The BR system is set up so buyers can ask for work, and sellers respond with a quote. Post a fair quote based upon what the buyer does write, and then encourage them to send you a message if they need to discuss a more specific project.

• Like 3

You can’t. The BR system is set up so buyers can ask for work, and sellers respond with a quote. Post a fair quote based upon what the buyer does write, and then encourage them to send you a message if they need to discuss a more specific project.

As an example someone posted a request for an affiliate link being added to their website, I don’t know what framework their website uses (or even language), I can assume PHP but there is lots of php frameworks available. Further, do they want a stats page for affiliates, some kind of bonus? should the user be able to see their affiliate link performance? There is so much to this request, it could be a 5 second job, it could be a 50 hour job. I could create a whole website based around an affiliate system and its analytics.

If I bid low and they accept, I can’t change. If I bid high until I have more information I will get ignored?

• Like 3

Follow up: Are you allowed to exchange emails with potential buyers? I feel like that would be a good way to facilitate communication.

Read the ToS.

Also, think of it this way: why would Fiverr allow you to do something that would make it dead easy for you to take the business off of Fiverr?

@chrisbpb A cagey buyer is a difficult buyer. You don’t want them. Trust me.

• Like 3