The seller is blackmailing me!

Very well said! You know, this is first time in almost 6 years we had such experience… and we’ve got pretty stubborn. We did awesome job… but we were really foolish to believe that support would help us. Obvious blackmailing, even operator confirmed and apologized for that and after that saying, there’s nothing we can do, there’s no violation in our terms and conditions. Really frustrating.

But also… they’ve changed the rules about canceling… before if order was canceled with mutual agreement everything would be fine. But now it’s also affecting on our rating.

It seems that the rules they’re making are getting rougher and rougher to sellers only 😦

If you need to cancel, it already went too far. You need to ensure the client is good before the order even starts. You have to do anything and everything in your power to stop people from ordering without talking to you first. It’s the only way to have control over the process.

If you have a detailed and comprehensive conversation before the order starts, you have proof you can send to CS that the client is basically a scammer. That will help a great deal in canceling without hitting your stats.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need to cancel, it already went too far. You need to ensure the client is good before the order even starts. You have to do anything and everything in your power to stop people from ordering without talking to you first. It’s the only way to have control over the process.

If you have a detailed and comprehensive conversation before the order starts, you have proof you can send to CS that the client is basically a scammer. That will help a great deal in canceling without hitting your stats.

Also very well said. We always check buyers history reviews before starting the order to know with whom we’re dealing.

He had few years on Fiverr and all ratings were 5. But after us, he got few more 1 star reviews 😃 That’s obvious clue what kind of buyer is… OR, maybe someone else took over that profile. We’ve also pointed this to support, only said, we’ll have this buyer on our mind… yeah right.

Probably he’ll continue blackmailing other sellers on Fiverr…

Also very well said. We always check buyers history reviews before starting the order to know with whom we’re dealing.

He had few years on Fiverr and all ratings were 5. But after us, he got few more 1 star reviews 😃 That’s obvious clue what kind of buyer is… OR, maybe someone else took over that profile. We’ve also pointed this to support, only said, we’ll have this buyer on our mind… yeah right.

Probably he’ll continue blackmailing other sellers on Fiverr…

Just ensure nobody orders without talking to your first. The only way to do it is to increase prices until people stop ordering, and offer a discount to people who do send you a message. That way you can talk to them and see if the project is a good fit for you, and if the client is reasonable or not.

On the other hand, if you just want to sell a ton of $5 gigs, you’ll have to take what you get. At that price point, you can’t be talking to everyone, it makes no financial sense. If you want to go for high volume instead of high price, you WILL get negative reviews, but you will have so many orders they don’t really matter as much. Getting a 1 star review for each 99 5 star reviews is fine.

• 6 months later...

No. If he’s buying essays and submitting them as university papers that is fraud and he should be expelled from his university for that.

You are exactly right. I’m a university professor, editor, and science author. I have hired people to produce light research articles for me for a website I am building. I always end up editing them to hell and rewriting most of it, but it still saves me some time. I’m building a website right now on critical thinking and compiling information for a larger project. None would get turned in as a completed work for a journal or college course though. I cannot imagine paying someone hundreds of dollars for a paper to turn in. Wow! If he needed guidance, resources, and summaries, that’s okay, but he would still need to write the paper. Horrible situation. Lesson learned I hope.

Archived